(Support) Aptalca's docker templates

On 17.3.2018 at 12:09 PM, aptalca said:

It's only possible if the os loads the drivers for it. Unraid doesn't (not for cameras) 

Thanks for that info. I would assume, the only way do install neccercery drivers would be developing a plugin wich is containing them... If so do you know where I could read about how to write a unpaid plugin?

43 minutes ago, Diggewuff said:

Thanks for that info. I would assume, the only way do install neccercery drivers would be developing a plugin wich is containing them... If so do you know where I could read about how to write a unpaid plugin?

Well, you may have to custom compile the kernel. Look into the dvb builds. They provide custom built kernels through a plugin, and they contain the dvb drivers

I've been using the Calibre-RDP plugin. I recently upgraded to UnRaid 6.5 but downgraded back to 6.4.1 because of some issues. Now, when I try to use the Calibre-RDP plugin, nothing shows in the browser. The logs show this error:

Note: further occurrences of HTTP header parsing errors will be logged at DEBUG level.
Mar 26, 2018 3:06:03 PM org.apache.coyote.http11.AbstractHttp11Processor process
INFO: Error parsing HTTP request header

Any ideas on a fix? So far I've tried deleting the Docker and reinstalling, but have the same issues.

12 minutes ago, ryryonline said:

I've been using the Calibre-RDP plugin. I recently upgraded to UnRaid 6.5 but downgraded back to 6.4.1 because of some issues. Now, when I try to use the Calibre-RDP plugin, nothing shows in the browser. The logs show this error:

Note: further occurrences of HTTP header parsing errors will be logged at DEBUG level.
Mar 26, 2018 3:06:03 PM org.apache.coyote.http11.AbstractHttp11Processor process
INFO: Error parsing HTTP request header

Any ideas on a fix? So far I've tried deleting the Docker and reinstalling, but have the same issues.

I've just spun up my copy and it's working fine on v6.5.0 

Things to try.....

1.  Different browser / browser cache clear

2.  Fresh appdata

Might be worth posting your docker run command as well.  (Link in my sig)

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
3 minutes ago, urbanracer34 said:

Was just trying to use your jdownloader plugin to start a download and I found out that I cannot cut and paste a link from my address bar into the application. 

Is this normal behaviour? 

Thanks,

urbanracer34

Ctrl+alt+shft brings up a menu where you can use the clipboard

• 4 weeks later...

The ctrl+alt+shft is a good tip!

Concerning the RDP Calibre docker, calibre keeps saying there's an update (at 3.1.1 now, the update is 3.26.1). But when I click it to update, nothing happens. How do I update? Or does the docker need to be updated for that...? 

6 hours ago, JayV said:

The ctrl+alt+shft is a good tip!

Concerning the RDP Calibre docker, calibre keeps saying there's an update (at 3.1.1 now, the update is 3.26.1). But when I click it to update, nothing happens. How do I update? Or does the docker need to be updated for that...? 

If you set edge to 1, it should update on reboot

• 3 weeks later...

Using the Dolphin docker to delete a bunch of stuff is A) very slow, and B) I've nearly filled up my docker.img file because it's moving to the trash.

Most importantly: Using the new "console" feature from the WebGUI, can I navigate to the "trash" folder to delete the trash more quickly than waiting for Dolphin to get there?

Secondly: Why the heck is Dolphin so stinking slow?

2 hours ago, FreeMan said:

Using the Dolphin docker to delete a bunch of stuff is A) very slow, and B) I've nearly filled up my docker.img file because it's moving to the trash.

Most importantly: Using the new "console" feature from the WebGUI, can I navigate to the "trash" folder to delete the trash more quickly than waiting for Dolphin to get there?

Secondly: Why the heck is Dolphin so stinking slow?

It's probably slow because it is copying things to trash. Can't you disable trash in the settings? 

It's probably slow because it is copying things to trash. Can't you disable trash in the settings? 
Hmm... Hadn't thought to look there. I've ended up restoring everything from trash to free up the space and I'll delete from the command line.

Sent from Tapatalk

I thought I'd restored everything from the trash, but my docker.img file is still 88% full (it was maybe 50%ish when I started). I've brought up Dolphin again, and I've given it about 3 hours to open the Trash folder and it still says "Loading folder..." with the little blue bars scrolling by.

If I right-click on Trash in the shortcuts on the left, "Empty Trash" is greyed out and unavailable, so I'd assume that it has been emptied, but you know what happens when you assume.

This was the only operation going on yesterday that was in any way different than what I normally do in any of my dockers, so I'm assuming (again) that it's got something to do with Dolphin & me trying to delete these files. Any suggestions on where to look and how to find this used space to clear it back up?

Also, I didn't find an option under Control | Configure Dolphin to disable Trash for future use.

I've been using the RDP-BOINC container for a while and mostly not paying attention to it as it does it's thing. But recently I noticed my unraid CPU utilization was really low. Yes, I'm complaining about too much CPU free time ?

BOINC is configured to use my config from BOINCstats and it should be soaking up > 80% of my CPU. I've got 24 cores, so that leaves plenty for most incidental uses. But instead I'm only seeing about 10% utilization. I've tried clearing local config from BOINC, but that seems to make no difference. If I explicitly tell BOINC to sync with BOINCstats, CPU use pops up immediately. Then, when I'm not looking, it drops off again by the next day.

I realize this is probably not an issue with the container, but am wondering if anyone else has seen similar behavior and can point me in the right direction to resolve this.

TIA,

roland

1 hour ago, rbroberts said:

I've been using the RDP-BOINC container for a while and mostly not paying attention to it as it does it's thing. But recently I noticed my unraid CPU utilization was really low. Yes, I'm complaining about too much CPU free time ?

BOINC is configured to use my config from BOINCstats and it should be soaking up > 80% of my CPU. I've got 24 cores, so that leaves plenty for most incidental uses. But instead I'm only seeing about 10% utilization. I've tried clearing local config from BOINC, but that seems to make no difference. If I explicitly tell BOINC to sync with BOINCstats, CPU use pops up immediately. Then, when I'm not looking, it drops off again by the next day.

I realize this is probably not an issue with the container, but am wondering if anyone else has seen similar behavior and can point me in the right direction to resolve this.

TIA,

roland

Are you sure your BOINC projects have work to do?

Yes. They are continuing to do work, just acting like the amount of CPU they are allowed to use in ~ 10% instead of 80%. When I posted that message, I had just told BOINC to sync with BOINCstats and work picked up. Right now, it's back to ~ 10% with dozens of tasks in "Ready to start" or "Waiting to run" states. And...let me click on the sync again.... Tools>Sync with BOINstatsBAM! Presto, 80+ % CPU use again.

On 7/22/2018 at 12:38 PM, FreeMan said:

I thought I'd restored everything from the trash, but my docker.img file is still 88% full (it was maybe 50%ish when I started). I've brought up Dolphin again, and I've given it about 3 hours to open the Trash folder and it still says "Loading folder..." with the little blue bars scrolling by.

If I right-click on Trash in the shortcuts on the left, "Empty Trash" is greyed out and unavailable, so I'd assume that it has been emptied, but you know what happens when you assume.

This was the only operation going on yesterday that was in any way different than what I normally do in any of my dockers, so I'm assuming (again) that it's got something to do with Dolphin & me trying to delete these files. Any suggestions on where to look and how to find this used space to clear it back up?

Also, I didn't find an option under Control | Configure Dolphin to disable Trash for future use.

Finally had a chance to do some digging.

I connected to the Dolphin container command line and ran:

find / -xdev -type f -size +100M

That listed 3 files in /tmp/kde-nobody/ of around 780MB each that I'd deleted and emptied from the Trash, yet they were still there. At the command line, I deleted them (each in their own subdirectory) and my Docker.img file usage went from 88% down to 83%, so I knew I was in the right place.

From the /tmp/kde-nobody/ directory I did:

# ls -la dolphinA*
total 956
drwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users  3466 Mar  6 21:09 .
drwx------ 1 nobody users   748 Aug  1 18:14 ..
-rw-rw-rw- 1 nobody users  6685 Mar  6 21:09 .appeared some illumine-12.31.03.jpg
-rw-rw-rw- 1 nobody users 10807 Mar  6 21:09 .arms.krone.rugged.came-03.15.73.docx
-rw-rw-rw- 1 nobody users  6685 Mar  6 21:09 .beautiful periods named.jpg
-rw-rw-rw- 1 nobody users 10807 Mar  6 21:09 .began-over-opened-they.docx
<snip for brevity>
drwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users  3018 Mar  6 21:09 that_queer
drwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users  3052 Mar  6 21:09 thunder_always
drwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users  2946 Mar  6 21:09 wanting_took_road
drwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users  3146 Mar  6 21:09 with_denial

Those lovely random names were the leftovers from Squid's Ransomeware protection plugin that I finally disabled & deleted. It seems it didn't do that good a job of cleaning up after itself. I deleted them using Dolphin, then emptied the trash, but it left them in the .img file.

Still in /tmp/kde-nobody/, I did a quick directory listing and got:

# ls -la
total 0
drwx------ 1 nobody users  748 Aug  1 18:14 .
drwxrwxrwt 1 root   root   158 Aug  1 18:10 ..
drwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users 3466 Mar  6 21:09 dolphinAeoe78.tmp
drwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users 3398 Mar  6 21:09 dolphinDYLY78.tmp
drwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users 3660 Mar  6 21:11 dolphinGhtR78.tmp
drwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users   28 Jun  4  2017 dolphinKwYv78.tmp
drwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users 3398 Mar  6 21:09 dolphinNrUr78.tmp
drwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users   28 Jun  4  2017 dolphinPupJ78.tmp
drwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users   28 Jun  4  2017 dolphinPwvn78.tmp
drwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users 3466 Mar  6 21:09 dolphinSBdW78.tmp
drwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users   28 Jun  4  2017 dolphinSURV78.tmp
drwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users  146 Jul 21 21:24 dolphinShqc78.tmp
drwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users   28 Jun  4  2017 dolphinVwHk78.tmp
drwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users 3466 Mar  6 21:09 dolphinYpXk78.tmp
drwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users 3466 Mar  6 21:09 dolphinZflq78.tmp
drwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users 3466 Mar  6 21:09 dolphincimA78.tmp
drwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users 3484 Jul 21 18:48 dolphineBna78.tmp
drwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users 3374 Mar  6 21:02 dolphineeBa78.tmp
drwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users 3466 Mar  6 21:09 dolphinekrk78.tmp
drwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users  324 Jul 21 21:34 dolphinhxSy78.tmp
drwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users  138 Jul 21 21:34 dolphinmhOG78.tmp
drwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users   28 Jun  4  2017 dolphinnVBE78.tmp
drwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users 3438 Mar  6 21:01 dolphinryYl78.tmp
drwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users 3660 Mar  6 21:11 dolphinsZaF78.tmp

Making the potentially dangerous assumption that these were all trash directories and that the currently running Dolphin docker wouldn't allow me to delete anything that was currently in use, from /tmp/kde-nobody/ I executed:

rm -r *	

and now my docker utilization is at 33% - a fair bit below my initial guestimate of where utilization was, but probably spot on.

@aptalca - I doubt this is your fault at all, but there does seem to be an issue with the Dolphin docker not properly emptying the trash folder and actually clearing up the space when it's done. So I'll leave this here as a hint for anyone else who may run into a similar issue. BTW- after deleting all those files, Dolphin still works just fine.

Edited by FreeMan
  • 2 weeks later...