GUI unresponsive, system won't reboot on beta15

KeithLM

I upgraded to beta15 from 12 last night and after trying to start docker my GUI became unresponsive.  I logged in via the command line and tried 'reboot' and 'shutdown -r now' and they just hang, I have to hit ctrl-break to kill the session and ssh back in.  I found that the docker apps were running, but they are unreachable.  Also, ps hangs shows what's running, but never returns back to the command line.  The only way to reboot the system is to cut the power and when it comes back it behaves the same way.  Oddly all shares are available when it's in this state.

So any idea how I can recover this system?

Alright, I got into safe mode, clicked on the docker tab, and it hung again.  Then I saw that there was a stack dump on the monitor relating to btrfs.  I managed to get into the docker page under settings and delete the docker image, and now it's working.  Although I'm still getting the message that there's a problem with my image from an earlier beta and it needs to be deleted. 

Alright, I got into safe mode, clicked on the docker tab, and it hung again.  Then I saw that there was a stack dump on the monitor relating to btrfs.  I managed to get into the docker page under settings and delete the docker image, and now it's working.  Although I'm still getting the message that there's a problem with my image from an earlier beta and it needs to be deleted.

Yes, you will have to delete it. See the release announcement for beta14b

Archived