Removing Python and Perl from unRAID 6 bzroot

gfjardim

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

unmenu and myMain make use of this to display real-time disk performance information, and seems appropriate to support web-guis.

Curious, I haven't looked at unmenu or myMain in a long time (sorry), what do these packages offer that is not already provided in current unraid-6 webGui & plugins?

The myMain feature I miss the mist is the ability to add notes and info for each drive. You can add info like where it was purchased, when warranty expires etc and access that data right through the main interface.

The second feature I miss is that it displays questionable SMART statistics right in the main interface table. You could also set defaults for these so they didn't appear. For example, it would show UDMA CRC Error counts = 5 but I could save 5 as the default so it would only display again if the count increased. That's an error typically caused by the SATA cable and they don't clear.

The myMain feature I miss the mist is the ability to add notes and info for each drive. You can add info like where it was purchased, when warranty expires etc and access that data right through the main interface.

I was just thinking about this earlier today (adding info to drives).  I think that would be really ideal for incorporation into unRAID OS.  A way to remind yourself when a drive goes bad, whether or not you are still in warranty.  Could even paste a link in the notes to where the warranty fulfillment process for the device is located.

The second feature I miss is that it displays questionable SMART statistics right in the main interface table. You could also set defaults for these so they didn't appear. For example, it would show UDMA CRC Error counts = 5 but I could save 5 as the default so it would only display again if the count increased. That's an error typically caused by the SATA cable and they don't clear.

So you don't think the dashboard thumbs up / down is good enough?

I was just thinking about this earlier today (adding info to drives).  I think that would be really ideal for incorporation into unRAID OS.  A way to remind yourself when a drive goes bad, whether or not you are still in warranty.  Could even paste a link in the notes to where the warranty fulfillment process for the device is located.

It is, or was at least on the roadmap.

The auto update / ignore feature is dangerous. It lets you think the problem has been resolved, when it actually may be something you need to deal with. I saw a thread where they posted about a thumb's down, and then posted back a little later saying "never mind, it went back to thumb's up all by itself". You should at least have to read and acknowledge the error before it goes back into the watch for changes mode.

The auto update / ignore feature is dangerous. It lets you think the problem has been resolved, when it actually may be something you need to deal with. I saw a thread where they posted about a thumb's down, and then posted back a little later saying "never mind, it went back to thumb's up all by itself". You should at least have to read and acknowledge the error before it goes back into the watch for changes mode.

Totally agree. Its too easy to dismiss this with ghostbusters logic:  "if the light is green, the trap is clean."

When the thumb turns red there is also a notification created. A notification displayed on screen needs to be acknowledged, further it is stored in the archive for later perusal.

Users can choose to comletely ignore all this, but the system does give all the necessary warnings.

When the thumb turns red there is also a notification created. A notification displayed on screen needs to be acknowledged, further it is stored in the archive for later perusal.

Users can choose to comletely ignore all this, but the system does give all the necessary warnings.

I think this is more about on initial boot up where it gives a red thumb for a minute and then turns green.  Could be all solved if the attributes are saved from one boot to another.

I think this is more about on initial boot up where it gives a red thumb for a minute and then turns green.  Could be all solved if the attributes are saved from one boot to another.

A little hint to put in your go file  8)

if [[ -f /boot/config/plugins/dynamix/monitor.ini ]]; then

cp /boot/config/plugins/dynamix/monitor.ini /var/local/emhttp

chmod -x /var/local/emhttp/monitor.ini

fi