"Notify" Button Does Not Reflect Whether Notifications Are Currently On/Off

dashahz

When browsing the forum, there is no indication whether a specific thread or board is set up to send notifications to the user. 

The only way I have found to do is to click on "Notify" and then if it says "Are you sure you wish to ENABLE notification of new...?" then I infer that notifications have not been set up for the thread or board.  And if it says "Are you sure you wish to DISABLE notification of new...?", then notifications have been enabled. 

I wanted to suggest that the forum offer an easier way to identify whether a thread or board is set up for notifications.

If you go to the main forum page: http://lime-technology.com/forum and go to the bottom where you see a section called "Users Online" where you will see your screen name and the screen name of any other members currently online.

Click on your screen name to bring you to your control panel.

On the left hand menu, there is an option under the "Modify Profile" subheading called "Notifications and Email" (4th from the top in this subheading)

That is where you will find what it is you are looking for.

Cheers,

Matt

Thanks for responding Biggy2872.  True, it is possible to see what forums a user is signed up for.  However, let's say that I am reading an interesting thread and I want to sign up for notifications for that thread.  By looking at the thread itself, there is no clear indication whether I have signed up for notifications.  What I am suggesting is that the "notify" button should say something like "enable notifications" or "disable notifications" depending on the status of the notifications.  I realize that all the user would need to do is simply click on "Notify" and infer from the resulting message whether they are signed up for notifications, but this is not intuitive in my opinion. 

A non-tech savvy user is more likely to use a forum if it is simpler to use and I feel that this would help.

Archived