[Solved] - UI for Dockers

Hi,

I'm trying to play with dockers a bit and have put in Plex and SickRage.  Both seem to okay on the docker page, but when I try to go to the webpages, nothing is available and I'm told the page isn't available. 

I had also installed Apache earlier but removed it when experimenting with VirtualBox.

I've tried it with the Network type tested as both Hosted and Bridged with no difference.

Just as background in case it makes a difference, I had installed Plex previously but during my tests, I've tried disabling the plugin as well as uninstalling it.  I've tried rebooting but again no change in anything.

I've seen some other people with questions but I didn't see any responses, so if it has been answered, sorry about the repost. 

Thanks

SOLVED PLEX

After starting, I let it run for a while before trying to access the Web interface (via the Plex icon). I waited a good five minutes and tried, and bingo it works.

When needo's plex starts up, it downloads the updated plex application (which may take a bit depending upon what else is going on), and then it still takes a bit for plex to get itself up and running.

Solved

But a slightly different solution.  It seems that the system was downloading okay which I had waited before, but the default directories were unwriteable.  Changing them seems to have solved my issues.

Okay, I thought that had to be done within the app similar to the plugin.

I made the change and no real difference in terms of the UI.

Maybe post another screenshot.

How are you trying to get to Plex? If you click on the Plex icon on the docker page it will give you a link to the WebUI.

I am having the same issue with Plex Media Server... after installing/starting the Plex container. I used the same path as screencap above...and after the docker is running, this folder remains empty. I have a feeling there is something I am missing about an appdata share... Can someone please shed light on this.

I also added /mnt path connected to host path /mnt/

Any help is greatly appreciated.

My screncap:

T5yTuRd.png

SOLVED PLEX

After starting, I let it run for a while before trying to access the Web interface (via the Plex icon). I waited a good five minutes and tried, and bingo it works.

When needo's plex starts up, it downloads the updated plex application (which may take a bit depending upon what else is going on), and then it still takes a bit for plex to get itself up and running.

I have a quick question, sort-off not on the same topic.

I opened the port on my router for external access. With PMS, when accessing the server through my external address and port, I see a login screen with sign in AND a Sign UP option. What happens if a random stranger logs in with their account? Or create an account on their own??!!!  :o  :o  :o

I am not understanding the account and security thing.

Thanks.

H.

Regarding that, I think the screen you're talking about is the plex sign in screen.  I'd guess that they'd be able to theoretically access your data if they signed in with an account.  Probably the better option is to setup a VPN to your home network and access your data via that.  I've done similar things in the past.

Solved

But a slightly different solution.  It seems that the system was downloading okay which I had waited before, but the default directories were unwriteable.  Changing them seems to have solved my issues.

Checking on it later, it seems that when the system did an update with the latest pull from git hub, it changed the permissions on my directories back to read/execute rather than read/write/execute.  This could be part of the reasons why I was having issues earlier.

Regarding that, I think the screen you're talking about is the plex sign in screen.  I'd guess that they'd be able to theoretically access your data if they signed in with an account.  Probably the better option is to setup a VPN to your home network and access your data via that.  I've done similar things in the past.

This is a weird thing... It should not require VPN... The curious thing is it ALLOWS you to sign up with a new account.