Murmur (Mumble server) container

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

How do I allow external connections?

I've set up my router to forward the default port to the server.

I have edited the .ini file with the following

#registerName=Mumble Server

registerPassword=somegenericpassword

#registerUrl=http://mumble.sourceforge.net/

registerHostname=thehostnameofmyserver

When someone externally tries to connect, they put the fqdn in address field: hostname.mydomain.com

and the default port, and a generic username

They can't connect externally.

I can connect internally.

What do I need to do to allow anyone I provide the info to, to connect to my server?

• 1 month later...

What do I need to do to allow anyone I provide the info to, to connect to my server?

My ini has "serverpassword=foo". I wouldn't use the register stuff. Just tell your friends to click "add server", and enter your fqdn, and the right port number. When they connect, it will prompt them for the password. If it doesn't then something's wrong with your port forwarding. Make sure you have it set up properly for your container in addition to your router.

My ini has "serverpassword=foo". I wouldn't use the register stuff. Just tell your friends to click "add server", and enter your fqdn, and the right port number. When they connect, it will prompt them for the password. If it doesn't then something's wrong with your port forwarding. Make sure you have it set up properly for your container in addition to your router.

'sall good. The error was router-side. I didn't have everything set up properly...now I do, and your docker works like a champ. Thank you.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Is this docker still being maintained/updated?  Thanks

I don't really use it much any more, so I can't say that's it's well-maintained. (As you can see from this delayed reply.)

LMK if you have a particular question.

It works fine, I use it with my kids when playing online/local multiplayer games.  Was wondering if the murmur version was going to be updated in the future or perhaps provide a way to trigger an update.  Thanks

• 1 month later...

I updated the server and now I cannot connect.  I then updated my client and still the same issue.  So I removed and re-installed, still no go.

Anyone else get the new server working?

UPDATE: I had a bit of time this AM and got it working.  I had to remove the mumble-server.sqlite and then when it restarted it worked.

thanks

Edited by lovingHDTV
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Sorry to bring up an old thread but with the current COVID-19 lockdown happening I needed a gaming VOIP setup to get back into some games I had not played in years! I used to love the positional audio and sound quality of Mumble so I went looking at hosting a murmur server on unRAID

In case anyone is in the same boat, the docker image from here : https://hub.docker.com/r/goofball222/murmur/ runs perfectly on unRAID and is up to date with the latest murmur 1.3.

Simply follow the path, port and variable instructions on the dockerhub page and it works great.

Thanks to Coppit for his versions previously!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 5/29/2020 at 11:52 PM, Capt.Insano said:

Sorry for delay, below is my config:

image.thumb.png.a7f9d0bcd6c38d9291169db18f53dc01.png

Hope it helps

Cool!
I have some noob questions:

- There is no WebUI?
- Network type: Host or bridge?
- Privileged on or off?
- The cert part... So far I run all the the services through a reverse proxy as the Unraid God Spaceinvader1 teaches in his videos. In this case you need to provide the cert into that /cert file location? Or no?

Thanks in advance.