[support] coppit's docker template repository

I'm setting up a template repository for a couple of docker containers I've created.

https://github.com/coppit/docker-templates

For support for each container, see the appropriate thread:

• duckdns: Let anyone find your server using a name, even if your IP changes.
  • no-ip: Let anyone find your server using a name, even if your IP changes.
  • mumble: A voice-over-IP solution. I use it for Minecraft chatting for the kids.
  • inotify-command: Run a command when a file changes on the file system.
  • privoxy: Block ads, even on your iDevices.

• 2 months later...

curl 'https://www.duckdns.org/update?domains=$DOMAINS&token=$TOKEN&ip='

replace $DOMAINS and $TOKEN with the appropriate values, without any quotes. If it still fails, then the problem is with your values, not the container.

curl 'https://www.duckdns.org/update?domains=$DOMAINS&token=$TOKEN&ip='

replace $DOMAINS and $TOKEN with the appropriate values, without any quotes. If it still fails, then the problem is with your values, not the container.

it returned KO, no error message. that mean it worked?

• 8 months later...

I'm trying to get privoxy working with polipo, which would require me to point privoxy at polipo in the config. I notice in the template description: "Note that this container does not save any changes you make. So don't bother configuring it"

Given that, is there any way to get the 2 working together? As it sounds like anything I add to the privoxy conf will not be saved. Or would it be more advisable to try to find something on dockerhub instead where I can edit the conf file?

• 9 months later...

I'm trying to get privoxy working with polipo, which would require me to point privoxy at polipo in the config. I notice in the template description: "Note that this container does not save any changes you make. So don't bother configuring it"

Given that, is there any way to get the 2 working together? As it sounds like anything I add to the privoxy conf will not be saved. Or would it be more advisable to try to find something on dockerhub instead where I can edit the conf file?

In case you haven't guessed, I'm not really supporting it too much. It was a short-lived experiment on my part. (It munged websites too much for my taste.) That said, if you find something that seems more robust, let me know and I'll take a look.

• 3 years later...

I have a question. in my noIP account I have the default host domain (say myhostdomain.com) it is the main domain without any sub-domain in front of it. I am unable to update that via your docker app. if I just enter he domain the log shows that it places a '.' in front of the domain, with no sub-domain and asks to update and itr chooses (on its own) Not to update. This leaves the main domain un-updated. any work around that you ,might be aware of.

Thanks,JT