2 x Supermicro AOC-SASLP-MV8

Hi,

Before I buy another Supermicro AOC-SASLP-MV8 to go into my system are there any issues with fitting two of these cards in the same machine as long as you have two PCIe slots?

My motherboard (MSI B75A-G43) has a x4 and a x16 slot.

Also do these controllers support the new larger 4-8Tb drives?

As noted, there's no issue with using multiple cards (even more than 2 if necessary) as long as you have enough PCIe x4 slots for them [or x8 slots for the SAS2LP version of the card]

As for drive sizes -- these will work with any size drive you might buy in the foreseeable future ... 4TB, 8TB, 20TB, 100TB, etc.

• 4 weeks later...

I just added a second Supermicro AOC-SASLP-MV8 to my SUPERMICRO MBD-X8SIL-F-O motherboard and NORCO RPC-4020 case but UNRAID doesn't see any new drive I add. How do I disable int13 on the card(s) bios?

Update: I found out how to disable int13 so now both are disabled. But I still have the same problem. Both cards are on BIOS version 3.1.0.21 and both cards are in Raid Mode: JBOD. Both cards also have the same IRQ Number: 0A can that be the problem?

Anybody have a suggestion as to what to try next?

TIA

Try the new card on it's own? Swap slots?

When the system boots you should see both cards initialize their drives on the same screen like this :-

bootissue.jpg

except without the error :)

Thanks for the reply.

I have tried the new card in place of the first card and it works fine. I tried the new card in different slots (by itself) and it works fine. When I add the second card back in (with one already installed) it displays the same screen you show and it goes through the initializing process but immediately afterwards I get a message that there are no drives connected or detected (can't remember exactly).

As a further experiment I tried an old 4 Port Sata PCI card and the bios detects the card and the new drive I attached, the same drive the Supermicro card does not see.