My New Dockers - Apache-PHP and Enhanced Calibre Server

PS. I have installed Calibre Desktop on my PC's and the configuration points to a folder in my Dropbox. Then I install Dropbox on unRAID and have the Calibre docker point to the dropbox folder. I assume you could setup your Calibre from Windows or Mac and have it point to an unRAID cache-only share and then add you book collection.

Point is, you need to first get and add books to your collection from within a Desktop version of Calibre that can be seen by unRAID.

I must be missing something or doing something wrong. I certainly appreciate all your help as I continue to learn. I am starting fresh, so I don't have an existing Calibre installation or library.

My plan (and perhaps poorly conceived) is to have a Calibre docker running the server/library on unRAID that I would then access from the desktop clients. The desktop clients would be able to place new books into a shared folder on unRAID (/downloads) and the cron running in the docker would import them into the central library, storing the books on protected storage on unRAID and accessible to the other clients for import onto their devices.

After installing the docker I expected to have the Calibre server and the configuration files installed to /opt/calibre (mapped to /mnt/cache/appdata/calibre/ in my case) and the library/database file installed to /config (mapped to /mnt/user/Media/Books/Calibre/). When I look in these folders on my unRAID server I don't see any files. Did I miss some steps somewhere? Do I have to install a desktop version of Calibre first and point the configuration and library paths to my unRAID shares?

Do I have to install a desktop version of Calibre first and point the configuration and library paths to my unRAID shares?

Yes, this is what I did. In fact, I have been running Calibre on Desktop for ages... then I moved the data to a Dropbox so I could update from home and work computers, then I did the unRAID Calibre server Docker recently. I cannot recall that Calibre server does the library creation. I think its only meant to web serve your library.

• 2 weeks later...

@hernandito  I don't know if this is the correct place to ask, but the link for your MineOS docker "support" takes me to this thread.

I am looking to get java 8 updated and am not familiar with dockers to do it myself. Could you point me in the right direction.. or update the docker?

Thanks for your great work! I have been using MineOS via your docker and love it.. just time for a new modpack that required java 8.

These are the steps to follow to manually upgrade to java 8... it will take a little time to update everything.

docker ps

Make note of the container ID for MineOS... then type:

docker exec -t -i ID_Code-Here /bin/bash

This should place you inside the container. Then type all the commands below:

java -version

You should get something like this.

java version "1.7.0_x0"

The 7 I guess is java 7. So we want to upgrade.

export TERM=xterm
apt-get install default-jre
apt-get install default-jdk
apt-get install software-properties-common python-software-properties

add-apt-repository ppa:webupd8team/java
apt-get update
apt-get install -y oracle-java8-installer
apt-get install oracle-java8-set-default

Finally type again to confirm java version:

java -version

It should hopefully be on Java v.1.8. x Please try and let me know... also let me know if the modpack works. I am not using MineOS for now as my son is off Minecraft for the moment.

Thanks.

These are the steps to follow to manually upgrade to java 8... it will take a little time to update everything.

docker ps

Make note of the container ID for MineOS... then type:

docker exec -t -i ID_Code-Here /bin/bash

This should place you inside the container. Then type all the commands below:

java -version

You should get something like this.

java version "1.7.0_x0"

The 7 I guess is java 7. So we want to upgrade.

export TERM=xterm
apt-get install default-jre

apt-get update
apt-get install -y oracle-java8-installer
apt-get install oracle-java8-set-default

Finally type again to confirm java version:

java -version

It should hopefully be on Java v.1.8. x Please try and let me know... also let me know if the modpack works. I am not using MineOS for now as my son is off Minecraft for the moment.

Thanks.

Getting this message after

and

E: Failed to fetch http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/main/g/gvfs/gvfs-common

_1.20.3-0ubuntu1_all.deb  404  Not Found [iP: 91.189.91.15 80]

Not sure if that is a real concern, however this step and im stuck.

response ...

bash: add-apt-repository: command not found

oh boy.... Try the entire thing again... sometimes repositories are down... you need the

to work well before you can add a repository... in fact, try running an

apt-get update

apt-get upgrade

before you start the whole series of commands again.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi hernandito,

I have just installed this via community apps and it says it is called ubooquity? But I cannot find it anywhere?  The /config has a host path of /mnt/appdata/Ubooquity/ but it is not there. I've searched the entire server and it is no where.

Any ideas?

Ubooquity is not mine... what did you search for in community apps?

Hi hernandito,

I have just installed this via community apps and it says it is called ubooquity? But I cannot find it anywhere?  The /config has a host path of /mnt/appdata/Ubooquity/ but it is not there. I've searched the entire server and it is no where.

Any ideas?

Ubooquity is not mine... what did you search for in community apps?

Untitled_zpsvbink6yu.png
  • 4 weeks later...

Is there any way to get the MineOS docker to update the WebUI so I can use the newer features?  I have tried about everything I can think of.  I tried the commands inside the container from http://minecraft.codeemo.com/mineoswiki/index.php?title=Updating_the_Webui_%28python%29:

both:

cd /usr/games/minecraft

git fetch
git merge origin/master

and

cd /usr/games/minecraft

git fetch
git reset --hard origin/master
chmod +x server.py mineos_console.py

All that does is make my WebUI stop responding and on the rare instance where I got it to briefly work, it didn't seem to change anything.

I started down the path of making my own docker, but I've pretty much stalled out.  You can see the thread I started for that at http://discourse.codeemo.com/t/creating-mineos-node-in-a-docker/896.  Any help anybody can provide with that would be appreciated too, even if I get hernandito's docker working, I want to finish my own for my own education. 

• 1 month later...