My New Dockers - Apache-PHP and Enhanced Calibre Server

I can't log in to the MineOS, can someone help me?

I have started the docker, but then I type in the login information it is loading a few seconds and then the fields are empty.

http://i.imgur.com/dotid9Z.png

http://i.imgur.com/ducNnsj.png

Variable name should be "PASSWORD"

Variable Value should be "whateveryouwantforapassword"

Ah, thank you!

I thought minecraft was the username and I was going to change out the word "PASSWORD" for my own. Sorry :)

I was able to log in. Seems like IE didn't like it. I had to use Chrome to log into it.

Is there an EZ way to install FTB Infinity in this docker? Seems like its a pain. But I'm not very experienced in the whole MC server thing. Just tinkering around. When i try to make a server from archive it wants a server.config file that FTBserver doesn't have until its started. Seems i need to run a start script to get it going.

• 2 weeks later...

I installed your mineos, and set the password using advanced settings. But when I logon to the gui associated with this docker image. I don't know what username I should be using with the password. As such cannot logon to do anything.

EDIT: Found in thread username is "minecraft" for the webui. So I used this username and the password I set. WebUI works. Awesome docker image.

Hello,

I've been using unraid 5 for about two years and upgraded to version 6 about a month ago.  My disks (4 4TB WD reds, one parity, 3 array) are all changed over to xfs (except the parity of course) and my cache drive (Intel 180GB SSD) is changed over to btrfs.

I'm new to dockers but I've gotten Plex up and running (which I had been running on the older version as a plugin) and now I want to add a few things. I'm starting with MineOS.

I've gotten the docker installed and the application runs and I'm even able to log into the the WebUI.  The problem I'm is that on the Manage Profiles tab of the UI I'm getting the message "You do not have rights on /profiles/profile.config, so you may prototype a profile but not update it."  I'm also getting a blank in the dropdown for "Create Stock Profile" I've read the advisement at the bottom of that page and as root created a group called mc and added my account (rich) to it (which I think is the account that owns the webui process if I read ps aux correctly, but I'm not sure).  In any case that did not give me rights to modify profile.config from the webUI, so I'm misunderstanding something.  I also tried creating profile.config from a template I found, chowned it to rich:mc and chmoded it to 777 (temporarily).  WebUI still doesn't have permissions to change profile.config.  I've tried dropping a .jar file into both (one at a time) the server folder and the import folder. I chowned the .jar file to rich:mc as well for good measure. 

Also, I sort of remember having to log into the webUI or application initially but that login screen has not shown up again.  I was wondering if having to re-log in would change anything and what I would have to reset to get that logon screen to come back.

I've removed the application and docker image any number of times and have my appdata directory at the root of the cache drive and the directory that MineOS is going to is a child of that directory.  Does the ownerships of either the appdata (nobody:users) or MineOS directory (rich:mc) have any bearing?

Any help or clues with this would be appreciated. I'm just trying to get a home minecraft server up. Is there any way to manually config either the profile from a telnet session or simply install a server jar that way?

Thanks,

Rich

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Yes I have, it's actually pretty simple. I'm on mobile so I can't give you links and everything, but I'll try and come back later to explain it more in depth. Basically it comes down to  creating a new profile with the new version. You create a custom profile and link it to the .Jar  link from the Minecraft site.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Experimenting with you Apache-PHP container,

Couple of questions..

Firstly, I'm just curious, what would you use cron for in the Apache-PHP container?  I've never really used cron for much other than some of the scripts people have posted on here, so I'm genuinely interested.

Secondly, and on the same topic, when I start the container, my log gets filled with

/usr/sbin/cron: can't lock /var/run/cron.pid, otherpid may be 11: Resource temporarily unavailable

Any ideas?

Same issue, just slightly different "otherpid":

/usr/sbin/cron: can't lock /var/run/crond.pid, otherpid may be 102: Resource temporarily unavailable
/usr/sbin/cron: can't lock /var/run/crond.pid, otherpid may be 102: Resource temporarily unavailable

Is there a fix for this?

Have the MineOS docker installed. Trying to update it to the NodeJS one (or update it in general), but I can't seem to get git working within unRAID. Am I missing something?

With the one I have working in a VM, I'd usually navigate to /usr/games/minecraft and git fetch from there. Would this approach even work with this docker?

Have the MineOS docker installed. Trying to update it to the NodeJS one (or update it in general), but I can't seem to get git working within unRAID. Am I missing something?

With the one I have working in a VM, I'd usually navigate to /usr/games/minecraft and git fetch from there. Would this approach even work with this docker?

I'm speaking in generalities here, haven't done the process with this particular docker, but yes, the same approach would probably work. What you are missing is that you need to exec inside the docker container before issuing your command. Googling "unraid docker exec bash" without the quotes should give you a basic idea of what is needed.

I'm speaking in generalities here, haven't done the process with this particular docker, but yes, the same approach would probably work. What you are missing is that you need to exec inside the docker container before issuing your command. Googling "unraid docker exec bash" without the quotes should give you a basic idea of what is needed.

That did it. Awesome, thanks very much!

Hey everyone,

I recently installed MineOS from the Apps page in unRAID 6.

All goes well for a day or two but after a while I lose the Server that I create on the webUI.

Its the strangest thing, the files are still in my Docker App files and i can see the server files just fine; i can even use the files from my laptop to create a minecraft server from my laptop but that has nothing to do with this convo, just wanted to stress that the files are just fine and can be used if need be.

In a last ditch effort I uninstalled the docker image files and reinstalled from the repository and it worked but just for a few hours. Once more the files or in the new location path that I specified but the MineOS app is completely oblivious of the fact that it has servers to run. If i try to add a server from archive images it eve says that it "ignored the command" as it found a duplicate server in its file system.

What in the hell am I doing wrong here? (See attached for Docker Settings)

What do you need from me to help. Im literally at the point of giving up and just using the VM feature to host the server but its a bummer that I cant use the docker instead to save on overhead on the system.

Thanks in advance!

P.s. sorry if this is posted in the incorrect page.

Docker_Settings_1.PNG.824ef2aaee704c306161c1bd0546f31f.PNG

Docker_Settings_2.PNG.219b2e0661ab73daab5a43449cfdfe6e.PNG

That did it. Awesome, thanks very much!

Any chance you can publish your docker with NodeJS ?  My kids cant deal with the fact their world on the iPad cant be seen from their PC.

Any chance you can publish your docker with NodeJS ?  My kids cant deal with the fact their world on the iPad cant be seen from their PC.

Sorry, should have been clearer. jonathanm's suggestion worked in that I was able to use git within the original MineOS docker, but hexparrot seems to have changed things from when I looked a while ago. The Node version is no longer on a different branch, but in it's own repo, so I'd need a new docker.

I did actually manage to find one (from this thread), but the author hasn't updated it in quite some time, so I haven't switched over yet. When I get some free time I'll look at making my own dockerfile for it, and hopefully keep it more up-to-date.

Also, I'm pretty sure a node-js frontend for MineOS isn't going to help your kids any. There won't be any difference to anything as far as Minecraft is concerned.

You're right.  They want the NodeJS so they can use a server for their iPad versions.

If you get a chance to get a container setup. let me know, I'd love to try it/use it/have anything thing I can use to threaten removing from my kids when they play up

• 2 weeks later...