My New Dockers - Apache-PHP and Enhanced Calibre Server

On 7/6/2016 at 10:39 PM, dannygonzalez0861 said:

In a last ditch effort I uninstalled the docker image files and reinstalled from the repository and it worked but just for a few hours.

Did you recently copy your appdata files to a different location? I had to:

docker exec -it MineOS bash 
chown -R minecraft:minecraft /var/games/minecraft/*
exit

Edited by coppit
Typo

Hi, i just installed MineOS and got the 1.9.4 server up and running.  Can someone help me update to 1.10.2?  Or is it not possible?  Thanks!

Sorry, I'd walk you through step by step but I've not got access to my unRAID atm ;)

You need to go into the profile page, create custom profile, Google "Minecraft Server", get to the official Minecraft page, there'll be a link to minecraft_server_x.x.jar, right click, copy link address.

Back over to M-OS, paste that link into the server.jar box in the custom profile creator, then give it a name, save - And you should be good :D

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, I am getting an error saying that my MineOS docker should be run in Bridge mode and not Host mode within the "Fix Common Problems" plugin. It refers me to this thread as the support thread. Maybe I am doing something wrong, but I am unable to get any WAN access to the server if it is in Bridge mode and not Host Mode. I also have my Emby docker in Host mode on other ports and they both work perfectly fine. Am I safe to just ignore the 3 errors in "Fix Common Problems" dealing with the Host mode change?

Ok, I am getting an error saying that my MineOS docker should be run in Bridge mode and not Host mode within the "Fix Common Problems" plugin. It refers me to this thread as the support thread. Maybe I am doing something wrong, but I am unable to get any WAN access to the server if it is in Bridge mode and not Host Mode. I also have my Emby docker in Host mode on other ports and they both work perfectly fine. Am I safe to just ignore the 3 errors in "Fix Common Problems" dealing with the Host mode change?

The error from FCP is because the template author has the default template being set to Bridge Mode, not to Host mode.  Whether anything is wrong with setting the app to run in host mode I cannot say...

I hope I am not being stupid here, but I am trying to install the CalibreServer container and I cannot get it running.

I am running 6.2 RC5. My other settings are:

Host Port 1: Container Port: 5060

Host Path 2: Container Path: /mnt/user/nas/Books/

Host Path 3: Container Path: /mnt/user/downloads/complete/books/

Key 1:         Container Variable: user

Key 2:         Container Variable: password

I can't see what I am doing wrong. Any help would be appreciated.

Here is the log snippet:

*** Running /etc/my_init.d/00_regen_ssh_host_keys.sh...
No SSH host key available. Generating one...
Creating SSH2 RSA key; this may take some time ...
Creating SSH2 DSA key; this may take some time ...
Creating SSH2 ECDSA key; this may take some time ...
Creating SSH2 ED25519 key; this may take some time ...
invoke-rc.d: policy-rc.d denied execution of restart.
*** Running /etc/my_init.d/firstrun.sh...
Installing Clean - Apply any Custom Edits
2016-09-15 23:52:15 URL:https://raw.githubusercontent.com/kovidgoyal/calibre/master/setup/linux-installer.py [26007/26007] -> "-" [1]
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
File "<string>", line 673, in main
File "<string>", line 658, in run_installer
File "<string>", line 634, in download_and_extract
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/shutil.py", line 256, in rmtree
onerror(os.rmdir, path, sys.exc_info())
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/shutil.py", line 254, in rmtree
os.rmdir(path)
OSError: [Errno 16] Device or resource busy: '/opt/calibre'
Installing to /opt/calibre
Downloading tarball signature securely...
Will download and install calibre-2.67.0-x86_64.txz
Downloading calibre-2.67.0-x86_64.txz
Downloaded 5.003515%
Downloaded 10.007029%
Downloaded 15.010544%
Downloaded 20.014059%
Downloaded 25.017574%
Downloaded 30.021088%
Downloaded 35.024603%
Downloaded 40.028118%
Downloaded 45.031632%
Downloaded 50.035147%
Downloaded 55.038662%
Downloaded 60.042176%
Downloaded 65.045691%
Downloaded 70.049206%
Downloaded 75.052721%
Downloaded 80.056235%
Downloaded 85.059750%
Downloaded 90.063265%
Downloaded 95.066779%
Downloaded 62542916 bytes
Checking downloaded file integrity...
cp: cannot stat ‘/downloads/calibre-edits/calibre/resources/content_server’: No such file or directory
/etc/my_init.d/firstrun.sh: line 12: /opt/calibre/calibre-server: No such file or directory
Defining Cron job from crons.conf
/opt/calibre/crons.conf: No such file or directory
Launching Cron

e
/etc/my_init.d/firstrun.sh: line 23: /opt/calibre/calibredb: No such file or directory
*** Running /etc/rc.local...
*** Booting runit daemon...
*** Runit started as PID 111
/usr/sbin/cron: can't lock /var/run/crond.pid, otherpid may be 107: Resource temporarily unavailable
/usr/sbin/cron: can't lock /var/run/crond.pid, otherpid may be 107: Resource temporarily unavailable
/usr/sbin/cron: can't lock /var/run/cron

^^^

* Bump! *

Hi,

For this, you MUST have a Calibre setup database already in place. I created mine in Windows, and store the books and the database it creates in a share. This Calibre Server then a,lows you to access your collection from any web enabled device. But it MUST point to an already existing library.

In my case, I point it to my owncloud folder, so I can update my Calibre from Windows on any machine.

LRW4USx.png

These are the files stored in that share

hMq22oZ.png

I hope this helps.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Update: I figured it out through Trial and error... Actually quite easy, I also updated my java as well!

I'm having some issues with a very jumpy server & skipped Frames when getting a far distance away from the initial game spawn point & was wondering if there is a way to add additional java settings when starting the server? is this what the "Jarfile arguments" section is for when creating a profile?

I was reading this post: http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/archive/alpha/alpha-survival-multiplayer/823328-making-your-server-lag-less-by-tuning-java

Which noted adding the following commands to utilize more processor Cores:

-XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+UseParNewGC
-XX:+CMSIncrementalPacing -XX:ParallelGCThreads=2 -XX:+AggressiveOpts

Is it possible to update the Minecraft version? I see a few people have noted its fairly easy & one post says to create a new server, but is it possible to keep the Current world when creating a new server?

Hey guys,

I've got the docker running, updated to Java 8, and now running a Project Ozone 2 v2.2.1 server quite well.

My question is, how do I go about adding user to mineOS so they can login and only have access to their particular servers?

EDIT:

Found the issue. The /etc/supervisor/conf.d/minos.conf file does not have the command line set to run the server as sudo. Therefore it is not able to check if any other users exist other than the minecaft user. Fix that and you are off to the races.

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, hernandito said:

Use yujiod/minecraft-mineos Docker... I think it was based on mine... M son outgrew minecraft and I have not use the MineOS docker is years.

I was going to add a comment to the app within CA until I noticed this in your MineOS template

<Repository>yujiod/minecraft-mineos</Repository>

How do I use this with my pre-existing maps?

I wanted to load my own world.  I am unable to create any file or copy in my existing world into /mnt/user/appdata/minecraftos/import.  I get "access denied".  In fact I can't place files in any of the sub-directories under minecraftos.  Although I seem to be able to read them just fine.  I can also create a brand new empty world and host it just fine.  Just can't copy up my own existing world.

Is there something I need to do to grant rights to this share so I can copy my world into it and use the "Create server from archive" feature, which look in the "import" directory?

1.  Do I need to put my existing world in this directory?  If so how do I get access to write files there?

2.  If there is another way to use your own world just let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by dyker

dyker, You should be able to place your world in the servers folder in your MineOS directory in appdata. All the account control and how MineOS sees and operates the servers though is handled by the underlying linux user account control. This means that you most likely will have to ssh or attach to the docker MineOS container and change the permissions on the imported files to allow the root account to see it.

Yohan460, I ended up doing the following:

1. opening a terminal to my Unraid box
  2. changed directory to  mnt/user/appdata/minecraftos/
  3. ran chmod -R 777 import
  4. My windows machine could write files to import now.  So I placed my zipped up World from my windows networked machine into \\tower\appdata\minecraftos\import 

I imported the map fine, but couldn't connect.  Found out it was a port issue and switched to another number that was working.

I'm completely new to Unraid and green with Unix.  I don't want to do stupid stuff.  So hopefully this was an OK approach.  Baby steps :)

• 3 weeks later...

I have installed the Calibre Docker and the web interface will not start; I go to the webpage http://ServerIP:8080/#/, started from the unRAID dashboard icon, just a blank page.

Not sure why "/#/" is appended on to the web IP?

Here are my settings if it helps:

Docker Settings.PNG

Edited by whwunraid