My New Dockers - Apache-PHP and Enhanced Calibre Server

Could someone help me understand this error. I installed the Apache-PHP container and got wordpress up and running. However, I am getting a repeating error in the log...

/usr/sbin/cron: can't lock /var/run/crond.pid, otherpid may be 12: Resource temporarily unavailable

Could someone help me understand the error and/or fix it. 

Thanks!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've been successfully running a couple of minecraft servers for a couple of weeks now using the 1.11.2.jar file.  I'm trying to upgrade to 1.12 but it's not working - I can add a new profile, but when I try to change a server to use the new profile it won't start - what am I doing wrong?  Need help as got cranky kids now.  I can't even get a new test server to start using the profile

Thanks

1.thumb.png.7bfd01f9d972ca1f8fe996b23a1b906b.png2.thumb.png.564de801e5a83da41b1775cc3bf7376c.png

8 hours ago, DZMM said:

I've been successfully running a couple of minecraft servers for a couple of weeks now using the 1.11.2.jar file.  I'm trying to upgrade to 1.12 but it's not working - I can add a new profile, but when I try to change a server to use the new profile it won't start - what am I doing wrong?  Need help as got cranky kids now.  I can't even get a new test server to start using the profile

@DZMM Ditto.  same exact problem.  Well pretty much the same.  Mine says "Started" in the little box on the lower RH corner but the server itself doesn't actually start.  Same thing I tried a new test server and it didn't work.  So take comfort that you're not alone.  At least it comforts me I spent 90 minutes dorking around until I looked here.

I'll add this.  The  minecraft_server.1.12.jar file I'm using I downloaded from here:

https://minecraft.net/en-us/download/server

That page says "Please note: This server setup is only compatible with Minecraft for PC/Mac."  Which made me wonder if there is a jar file specifically for linux?  I didn't think so.  If you get your working please ping back.  Monitoring the thread thanks!

Edited by dyker

@dyker @DZMM

From this FAQ:

3. System Requirements

Starting from 1.12, Minecraft will no longer support Java 6 or 7. If you are using the latest launcher, you do not need to worry about this as Minecraft ships with its own version of Java. If you know you are using your own version of Java however, you'll need to make sure you're using Java 8.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/support/unmodified-minecraft-client/2827415-1-12-faqs-read-before-posting

The current MineOS docker runs OpenJDK 7 so you will either have to manually install 8 or hope that we can get a template from the fork I posted earlier.

Edited by SelfSD
Hit save by accident.
2 hours ago, SelfSD said:

@dyker @DZMM

From this FAQ:

3. System Requirements

Starting from 1.12, Minecraft will no longer support Java 6 or 7. If you are using the latest launcher, you do not need to worry about this as Minecraft ships with its own version of Java. If you know you are using your own version of Java however, you'll need to make sure you're using Java 8.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/support/unmodified-minecraft-client/2827415-1-12-faqs-read-before-posting

The current MineOS docker runs OpenJDK 7 so you will either have to manually install 8 or hope that we can get a template from the fork I posted earlier.

Thanks - I might try installing the fork and then importing backups from my current installation

Sorry guys,

I have not kept up with this Docker. Last time I tried it, I was using another Docker fork. This is how my config page looks like:

fcq8lTR.png

A quick install shows it running... Cannot recall  which template I use for this. But I git this from my /config/plugins/dockerman/templates-user/myMy-MineOS.xml

Just make sure you edit the "XXXXX" with your own password- in two places.

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<Container version="2">
  <Name>MineOS</Name>
  <Repository>yujiod/minecraft-mineos</Repository>
  <Registry>https://registry.hub.docker.com/u/yujiod/minecraft-mineos/</Registry>
  <Network>bridge</Network>
  <Privileged>false</Privileged>
  <Support>http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=39623.0</Support>
  <Overview>&#xD;
   MineOS is an easy to manage Minecraft Server. It has its on web interface to manage all aspects of the server.[br][br]&#xD;
    [b][span style='color: #E80000;']Directions:[/span][/b][br]&#xD;
    [b]/var/games/minecraft[/b] : set this path to where you wish all the Minecraft Server items to be stored. Should be you app folder.[br][br]&#xD;
    [b][span style='color: #E80000;']IMPORTANT - Open Advanced View to Set your PASSWORD!!![/b][/span][br][br]&#xD;
  </Overview>
  <Category>MediaServer:Other</Category>
  <WebUI>https://[IP]:[PORT:8444]</WebUI>
  <TemplateURL/>
  <Icon>http://i.imgur.com/P6RRtHH.png</Icon>
  <ExtraParams/>
  <DateInstalled>1485459269</DateInstalled>
  <Description>&#xD;
   MineOS is an easy to manage Minecraft Server. It has its on web interface to manage all aspects of the server.[br][br]&#xD;
    [b][span style='color: #E80000;']Directions:[/span][/b][br]&#xD;
    [b]/var/games/minecraft[/b] : set this path to where you wish all the Minecraft Server items to be stored. Should be you app folder.[br][br]&#xD;
    [b][span style='color: #E80000;']IMPORTANT - Open Advanced View to Set your PASSWORD!!![/b][/span][br][br]&#xD;
  </Description>
  <Networking>
    <Mode>bridge</Mode>
    <Publish>
      <Port>
        <HostPort>8444</HostPort>
        <ContainerPort>8443</ContainerPort>
        <Protocol>tcp</Protocol>
      </Port>
      <Port>
        <HostPort>25565</HostPort>
        <ContainerPort>25565</ContainerPort>
        <Protocol>tcp</Protocol>
      </Port>
    </Publish>
  </Networking>
  <Data>
    <Volume>
      <HostDir>/mnt/cache/appdata/minecraftos4/</HostDir>
      <ContainerDir>/var/games/minecraft</ContainerDir>
      <Mode>rw</Mode>
    </Volume>
  </Data>
  <Environment>
    <Variable>
      <Value>XXXXX</Value>
      <Name>PASSWORD</Name>
      <Mode/>
    </Variable>
  </Environment>
  <Config Name="Host Port 1" Target="8443" Default="8443" Mode="tcp" Description="Container Port: 8443" Type="Port" Display="always" Required="true" Mask="false">8444</Config>
  <Config Name="Host Port 2" Target="25565" Default="25565" Mode="tcp" Description="Container Port: 25565" Type="Port" Display="always" Required="true" Mask="false">25565</Config>
  <Config Name="Host Path 1" Target="/var/games/minecraft" Default="/mnt/appdata/minecraftos/" Mode="rw" Description="Container Path: /var/games/minecraft" Type="Path" Display="always" Required="true" Mask="false">/mnt/cache/appdata/minecraftos4/</Config>
  <Config Name="Key 1" Target="PASSWORD" Default="minecraft" Mode="" Description="Container Variable: PASSWORD" Type="Variable" Display="always" Required="false" Mask="false">XXXXX</Config>
</Container>

Problem solved.  I joined the mineos forums and hexparrot, the mineos creator, has updated all his dockers:

For clarification for all future readers:

https://hub.docker.com/r/yujiod/minecraft-mineos/ -> Non-official docker build. Doesn't seem problematic and doesn't seem to be set up wrongly...but it is set to a commit from May 17, 2016, just a few commits behind the head of the older, PYTHON webui.

Newer commits mean 1.11 is already listed in the webui by default. Soon, somebody will probably add 1.12 but it still won't show up in your UI unless yujiod re-runs the docker file build (last time was a year ago or so).

https://hub.docker.com/r/hexparrot/mineos/ -> Official docker build, managed by me. This is up-to-date and the webui I actively still develop. No, you don't have to switch to this from the Python one, but there are so many improvements, I believe the merits should compel one to use this NodeJS-version instead.

I updated it yesterday, by chance.

https://hub.docker.com/r/hexparrot/mineos-docker -> Official docker build, managed by me. I just learned yesterday how to do automated builds of docker images after each commit. This docker, which is not yet widely known of because of its newness, will always, 100% be the most recent commit I've made.

I just installed https://hub.docker.com/r/hexparrot/mineos-docker via CA and it worked perfectly - I just added another variable for USER_PASSWORD.

I'd recommend switching to the official docker

Edited by DZMM
  • Upvote 1
2 hours ago, DZMM said:

Problem solved.  I joined the mineos forums and hexparrot, the mineos creator, has updated all his dockers:

I just installed https://hub.docker.com/r/hexparrot/mineos-docker via CA and it worked perfectly - I just added another variable for USER_PASSWORD.

Fantastic! I didn't even think about looking for another MineOS docker.

16 minutes ago, SelfSD said:

Fantastic! I didn't even think about looking for another MineOS docker.

I ended up setting up my own Automated docker build of HexParrots dockerfile as he rarely updated his Dockers on Docker-Hub!! I see now he has his own Automated Build!!

Edited by clowrym
On 6/9/2017 at 11:47 AM, DZMM said:

Hi everyone, fantastic you have it working!  Can someone help a noob?   Right now I have the MineOS docker. @DZMM or anyone, Do I uninstall my current docker and is it simple enough to install the one referenced above via community applications (CA)?  If I open CA and search for Minecraft I'm not sure what to pick?  Or where to put in that link above?  Would it be under "docker" tab then "add container" and if so I'm not clear how to move forward.  I would greatly appreciate any help.

Can someone give a noob a step-by-step.  You may safely assume my maps are backed up and safe already.  Or... will there shortly be an update to this MineOS docker to fix things?  I'd like some direction please :)  My kids want to use the new color features of 1.12. 

10 minutes ago, dyker said:

If I open CA and search for Minecraft I'm not sure what to pick?

Settings - Community Applications General Settings.  Enable Additional results from dockerHub

Then search for hexparrot and click get more results from dockerhub

2 hours ago, Squid said:

Settings - Community Applications General Settings.  Enable Additional results from dockerHub

Then search for hexparrot and click get more results from dockerhub

Hi Squid, thanks for your help.  I'm still having trouble:

1.  I uninstalled my existing Mine OS docker.

2.  Followed your instructions getting additional results and searched hexparrot and get more results from dockerhub.

3.  Picked hexparrot's mineos-docker

Note:  I couldn't create it at first because I needed a "Host Path 1" (it was blank) so I put in /var/games/minecraft as the text suggested.  Then it loaded up but wouldn't  start saying it needed a password (according to log). 

4.  So I edited the docker and added a variable USER_PASSWORD and gave it a password.  Now under my Unraid server "dashboard" I have "mineos-docker with a green run arrow so I assume it is running. 

5.  But when I go to the WebUI and it tries to open the minecraft port on my unraid IP I get "this page isn't working.  192.168.x.x:XXXX didn't send any data.  ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE.

Note:  I can start and stop the docker just fine.  Just can't get to the WebUI.  Not sure what to do next.  Or is that a separate docker?

Log:

Created user: mc (uid: 1000)
Generating Self-Signed SSL...
Generating a 1024 bit RSA private key
.......++++++
.++++++
writing new private key to '.tmpkey.pem'
-----
writing RSA key
2017-06-10 18:11:13,131 CRIT Supervisor running as root (no user in config file)
2017-06-10 18:11:13,131 WARN Included extra file "/etc/supervisor/conf.d/mineos.conf" during parsing
2017-06-10 18:11:13,137 INFO RPC interface 'supervisor' initialized
2017-06-10 18:11:13,137 CRIT Server 'unix_http_server' running without any HTTP authentication checking
2017-06-10 18:11:13,138 INFO supervisord started with pid 1
2017-06-10 18:11:14,139 INFO spawned: 'mineos' with pid 31
2017-06-10 18:11:15,518 INFO success: mineos entered RUNNING state, process has stayed up for > than 1 seconds (startsecs)
2017-06-10 18:11:20,716 WARN received SIGTERM indicating exit request
2017-06-10 18:11:20,716 INFO waiting for mineos to die
2017-06-10 18:11:20,718 INFO stopped: mineos (terminated by SIGTERM)
mc already exists.
2017-06-10 18:11:21,264 CRIT Supervisor running as root (no user in config file)
2017-06-10 18:11:21,264 WARN Included extra file "/etc/supervisor/conf.d/mineos.conf" during parsing
2017-06-10 18:11:21,270 INFO RPC interface 'supervisor' initialized
2017-06-10 18:11:21,271 CRIT Server 'unix_http_server' running without any HTTP authentication checking
2017-06-10 18:11:21,271 INFO supervisord started with pid 1
2017-06-10 18:11:22,274 INFO spawned: 'mineos' with pid 9
2017-06-10 18:11:23,616 INFO success: mineos entered RUNNING state, process has stayed up for > than 1 seconds (startsecs)

Edited by dyker
26 minutes ago, dyker said:

Hi Squid, thanks for your help.  I'm still having trouble:

1.  I uninstalled my existing Mine OS docker.

2.  Followed your instructions getting additional results and searched hexparrot and get more results from dockerhub.

3.  Picked hexparrot's mineos-docker

Note:  I couldn't create it at first because I needed a "Host Path 1" (it was blank) so I put in /var/games/minecraft as the text suggested.  Then it loaded up but wouldn't  start saying it needed a password (according to log). 

4.  So I edited the docker and added a variable USER_PASSWORD and gave it a password.  Now under my Unraid server "dashboard" I have "mineos-docker with a green run arrow so I assume it is running. 

5.  But when I go to the WebUI and it tries to open the minecraft port on my unraid IP I get "this page isn't working.  192.168.x.x:XXXX didn't send any data.  ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE.

Note:  I can start and stop the docker just fine.  Just can't get to the WebUI.  Not sure what to do next.  Or is that a separate docker?

Log:

Created user: mc (uid: 1000)
Generating Self-Signed SSL...
Generating a 1024 bit RSA private key
.......++++++
.++++++
writing new private key to '.tmpkey.pem'
-----
writing RSA key
2017-06-10 18:11:13,131 CRIT Supervisor running as root (no user in config file)
2017-06-10 18:11:13,131 WARN Included extra file "/etc/supervisor/conf.d/mineos.conf" during parsing
2017-06-10 18:11:13,137 INFO RPC interface 'supervisor' initialized
2017-06-10 18:11:13,137 CRIT Server 'unix_http_server' running without any HTTP authentication checking
2017-06-10 18:11:13,138 INFO supervisord started with pid 1
2017-06-10 18:11:14,139 INFO spawned: 'mineos' with pid 31
2017-06-10 18:11:15,518 INFO success: mineos entered RUNNING state, process has stayed up for > than 1 seconds (startsecs)
2017-06-10 18:11:20,716 WARN received SIGTERM indicating exit request
2017-06-10 18:11:20,716 INFO waiting for mineos to die
2017-06-10 18:11:20,718 INFO stopped: mineos (terminated by SIGTERM)
mc already exists.
2017-06-10 18:11:21,264 CRIT Supervisor running as root (no user in config file)
2017-06-10 18:11:21,264 WARN Included extra file "/etc/supervisor/conf.d/mineos.conf" during parsing
2017-06-10 18:11:21,270 INFO RPC interface 'supervisor' initialized
2017-06-10 18:11:21,271 CRIT Server 'unix_http_server' running without any HTTP authentication checking
2017-06-10 18:11:21,271 INFO supervisord started with pid 1
2017-06-10 18:11:22,274 INFO spawned: 'mineos' with pid 9
2017-06-10 18:11:23,616 INFO success: mineos entered RUNNING state, process has stayed up for > than 1 seconds (startsecs)

here are my docker settings.  I changed the host port to 8444 as I have another docker on 8443

Remember username is mc with this docker

minecraft.thumb.png.dc3e265342d4441fae6de4ee19911dee.png

Thanks for your help everyone!!

@DZMM Your screen print definitely helped me.  I think I had two issues:

1.  I had the host path 1 = /var/games/minecraft.  I replaced that with your text:  mnt/cache/appdata/minecraft  <--(I think this was a big deal, right?)

2.  I had the port 8443.  I changed to 8444 like yours. <--does this really make a difference?

After clicking webui after making these changes, I still couldn't access. However, this time when I physically add https:// then it give me an except saying "not safe" which I ignore, and after ignoring it starts mineOS (yay!!).

Is there a way that I can have it automatically go to https:// when I click on  webui because when it simply opens up 192.168.1.99:8444 it doesn't work at all.  when I manually ad https://192.168.1.99:8444 in front I get "insecure site" and I can bypass and it works.

Or... am I missing something?  I think I'm working now but I want to understand, and I want it set up right :)

OK I'm really sorry to bug everyone again, but I have it sort of working I think.  I can run MineOS, create a new world just fine.  Kids can connect to a new 1.12 world.  I've copied my worlds (1.11.2 GZ archives) in the import directory using windows 10 and they show up under "Import a server" in the MineOS docker.

BUT!! When I click "create server from Archive" on one of the imports, it asks for the world name and I've put the original name,  and then... nothing happens.  The worlds are not being created.  No servers actually are created.  Help!

I can create a brand new server fine, but the imports are not importing.  I'm stuck!  At your mercy.  If anyone knows how I can proceed to get my archives imported please advise.

It feels like a "rights" or user ID issue.  But I'm not sure.

Edited by dyker

OK I am posting further here in the hopes of helping someone someday avoid what I went through.

My server was backing up automatically to archives under a *.GZ file.  I was loading those *.GZ files to the import directory.  They all showed up, but I couldn't actually load the worlds.  Spent several hours screwing around trying to figure out why etc.  Finally loaded my worlds on a windows machine unzipping them using 7zip.  They all worked from windows.

So I re-zipped them using 7-zip to a *.ZIP file (not GZ) and placed in the import directory and the newly zipped files were able to import fine. :/   I'm running now AFAICT.  Not sure why I needed to un-zip and re-zip but that's what I needed to do in order to get the world importable.

• 4 weeks later...

On my Unraid server, on the docker tab, The mineos-docker says "update ready"....  But when I hit the link to update I get:

Pulling image: hexparrot/mineos-docker:latest

TOTAL DATA PULLED: 0 B

Error: Error: image hexparrot/mineos-docker:latest not found

Is the problem on my server, or something else?

Did the docker get renamed so it no longer pulls from hexparrot/mineos-docker but instead is just hexparrot/mineos (remove -docker)

Edited by dyker
  • 2 weeks later...