My New Dockers - Apache-PHP and Enhanced Calibre Server

I'm not sure what version of Apache-PHP I need. I am trying to set up a testing server for Adobe Dreamweaver CS6. The DW guide indicates that I need a web server like Apache, something to handle the PHP code, and a database app like MySQL. Do I need Apache-PHP or Apache-PHP Adminer? Or, should I install separate Dockers (Apache, MySQL, and some Docker that does PHP)?

Apache supports php. My advice is to go with linuxserver.io's nginx-letsencryot docher, which should also support php.

for my sql, use their mariadb docker.

Never used dreaweaver, but when it asks for php, point it to you nginx ip address and port. Same for mariadb.

good luck. You have a lot to learn.

On 7/4/2017 at 10:10 AM, dyker said:

On my Unraid server, on the docker tab, The mineos-docker says "update ready"....  But when I hit the link to update I get:

Pulling image: hexparrot/mineos-docker:latest

TOTAL DATA PULLED: 0 B

Error: Error: image hexparrot/mineos-docker:latest not found

Is the problem on my server, or something else?

Did the docker get renamed so it no longer pulls from hexparrot/mineos-docker but instead is just hexparrot/mineos (remove -docker)

Anyone ever able to update this docker?  

Or, should I re-post this question to a new thread somewhere else?

Thanks.

9 hours ago, dyker said:

Anyone ever able to update this docker?  

Or, should I re-post this question to a new thread somewhere else?

Thanks.

Not that I have any clue about the app, but hexparrot/mineos-docker is no longer on dockerHub.  You're looking for hexparrot/mineos

Having an issue with Apache-PHP container. The below keeps repeating in the logs. I've also tried deleting the docker image and starting fresh. Still happening. What is the fix? I saw other users have the issue in this thread but no resolutions.

/usr/sbin/cron: can't lock /var/run/crond.pid, otherpid may be 99: Resource temporarily unavailable

Edited by spencers
  • 1 month later...
18 minutes ago, FrozenGamer said:

Is Mineos supposed to automatically save the server?  If not what specifically do i do on the scheduler?  

No, nothing is done automatically by default.

If you want to create a restore point every night, you can add a new schedule. The cron expression should be  "0 0 0 * * *" and the command should be "Create a new restore point" which ends up being "backup" in the list for some reason.

That will create a restore point at 00:00:00 (hours, minutes, seconds) every day of every month, every year.

Once you hit submit, you need to start it, otherwise the job will not be run at the desired time.

You can see my example below:

Capture.PNG

Edited by SelfSD
Forgot a word
  • 1 month later...
On 10/21/2017 at 10:20 PM, SelfSD said:

No, nothing is done automatically by default.

If you want to create a restore point every night, you can add a new schedule. The cron expression should be  "0 0 0 * * *" and the command should be "Create a new restore point" which ends up being "backup" in the list for some reason.

That will create a restore point at 00:00:00 (hours, minutes, seconds) every day of every month, every year.

Once you hit submit, you need to start it, otherwise the job will not be run at the desired time.

You can see my example below:

Capture.PNG

How do i restore now? i rebooted and mineos has no sign of any servers?  i did the cron job.  thanks in advance.

On 12/3/2017 at 6:20 PM, FrozenGamer said:

How do i restore now? i rebooted and mineos has no sign of any servers?  i did the cron job.  thanks in advance.

If you browse to /mnt/user/appdata/minecraft/servers, do you see the server folder and contents there? If you do it's a permission problem. I had to change the permissions on all the folders and files inside the minecraft folder to 0 for MineOS to be able to read from them.

• 3 months later...

i have this docker running successfully and can connect fine, after a server restart the servers I created do not show up for me to start, I have verified they are still in the config folder which is within an apps folder on the cache drive and set to cache only so they don't get moved to the array..

any ideas ?

6 minutes ago, loady said:

i have this docker running successfully and can connect fine, after a server restart the servers I created do not show up for me to start, I have verified they are still in the config folder which is within an apps folder on the cache drive and set to cache only so they don't get moved to the array..

any ideas ?

Most likely a permission problem like myself and FrozenGamer had.

See my post above:

On 12/6/2017 at 12:49 AM, SelfSD said:

If you browse to /mnt/user/appdata/minecraft/servers, do you see the server folder and contents there? If you do it's a permission problem. I had to change the permissions on all the folders and files inside the minecraft folder to 0 for MineOS to be able to read from them.

19 hours ago, SelfSD said:

Most likely a permission problem like myself and FrozenGamer had.

See my post above:

I can confirm the servers are in that folder, I have used filezilla to change every file permission to 0, still not seeing the servers

7 hours ago, loady said:

I can confirm the servers are in that folder, I have used filezilla to change every file permission to 0, still not seeing the servers

I think I miss worded permission with owner. My bad.

Try setting the owner and group to  root 0 and the permissions to 0777. I'm not too familiar with Filezilla but if you have the options to set permissions to subfolders recursively , check that so all the files inside the folder gets these permissions too.

5ab314f4ee403_unraidminecraft.jpg.b0bd14284ab1bbce7aa8787225e2ae04.jpg

6 hours ago, SelfSD said:

Try setting the owner and group to  root 0 and the permissions to 0777. I'm not too familiar with Filezilla but if you have the options to set permissions to subfolders recursively , check that so all the files inside the folder gets these permissions too.

Yes filezilla does do it recursively, however it doesnt seem to let me change ownership, how are doing so in that picture ? , im doing this remotely over VPN

Edited by loady
10 hours ago, SelfSD said:

I see you used winscp, I have just done exactly the same as your screenshot but still servers are not being read from folder..I also tried removing docker and adding again

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, SelfSD said:

That doesn't look right... It should be /mnt/user/appdata/minecraftos.

Didnt work for me, i changed the path and and created a new world and i can see that the server is created in /mnt/user/appdata/minecraftos/server, i can also see previous servers that were created, alas, upon reboot the servers dissapear from the GUI...might be worth a reinstall  ? im not holding my breath.

You mention you can see the servers in "/mnt/cache/appdata/minecraftos/servers". Is that the folder you changed the permission on? If so it may not have worked. The folder you need to edit permissions to would be "/mnt/user/appdata/minecraftos/".

If I remember correctly, dockers need to be set to "rw/slave" if you are using a disk share, (eg /mnt/disk1/ or /mnt/cache) which you preferably should not unless you purposely are splitting the appdata folder between the cache drive and array.

Edited by SelfSD
I may be wrong