My New Dockers - Apache-PHP and Enhanced Calibre Server

Hey everyone. I was wondering if anyone has experienced something like what is happening to me. The other day we had a power outage and my server went down. When it came back up my MineOS docker's data was all gone. As sad as I was to loose all the progress my wife and I had made, we hadn't done much so I made a new server and we went on our way. Unfortunately we lost power again and all the data was wiped again...

I decided to do some testing. If I create server(s) and force stop and start the docker. The data remains, some of the time. If I restart the docker, the data gets wiped every time.

At this point I am looking to buy a UPS just to prevent power loss. I've also started to create backups of the entire MineOS to one of my unRAID shares. So if I do loose the data, I don't have to re-download and recreate everything.

I made a post, here, in unRAID general support if you want to look at the logs. 

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
3 hours ago, remati said:

I can't seem to get photos to show in the PhotosPrism container. Using the console and navigating to /originals brings up 0 photos while my host path in unraid has photos.

I think this is a nice app.

I changed the variables and the path a little bit and now it save the data.

Photos take a lot of space so it is maybe better to put originals not on the cache drive.

I got variables from: https://github.com/photoprism/photoprism/blob/develop/docker-compose.yml

Screenshot_2020-07-21.png

2 hours ago, ben-nl said:

I think this is a nice app.

I changed the variables and the path a little bit and now it save the data.

Photos take a lot of space so it is maybe better to put originals not on the cache drive.

I got variables from: https://github.com/photoprism/photoprism/blob/develop/docker-compose.yml

Screenshot_2020-07-21.png

I tried these settings and no luck, but after investigation I found the following to work for me. So everything that is in /mnt/user/myphotos/ is being indexed properly right now.

image.thumb.png.e8a6eb2444a9a87170b298e7248f6761.png

5 hours ago, ghzgod said:

I tried these settings and no luck, but after investigation I found the following to work for me. So everything that is in /mnt/user/myphotos/ is being indexed properly right now.

image.thumb.png.e8a6eb2444a9a87170b298e7248f6761.png

I've been messing with PP for a couple of months now (off and on) using a self-made container. Now I see the "official" docker is in CA. That being said, your screen shot gave me some insight to a few more variables, though I'm confused between the differences between Host Path 1, photoprim_originals_path and photoprism_storage_path.

Ideally, because of the potential number of imaes, I can't have the images saved in my normal /cache/appdata/ path. I'd probably set up a stand alone Unassigned device just for PP. Any suggestions there?

52 minutes ago, jorge16 said:

I don't think the photoprism container is configured correctly. Maybe orginals should be in /photoprism/originals and not in /originals?

Yep, that is the issue. I went command line and symlinked the directory and it started to import my pictures.

54 minutes ago, ich777 said:

@ben-nl & @ghzgod & @jpotrz & @jorge16 & @SpyKiIIer Created a working template, it is available in the CA App.

I saw this and hoped it was from someone in this forum.  Thank you!!!  I need to learn how to create these templates.  I have so many projects that I've home grown that I would like to share.

I think it should be mentioned that upon import my docker log for photoprism says "killed" after a few seconds of the nasnet classifier running.

Edited by ghzgod
  • Thanks 1
14 minutes ago, ghzgod said:

I saw this and hoped it was from someone in this forum.  Thank you!!!  I need to learn how to create these templates.  I have so many projects that I've home grown that I would like to share.

I would advice you to make a request on the apropriate subforum so that everyone can use it. ;)

Also I advice to make your own containers from the preferred application and not to only make a template from someone elses container since you also have to support it here in the forums and making changes (it is not possible to change anything to the container itself if you take a container from someone else and there is a problem or recommendation since you don't created it initally).

For this container it's a little bit of a different stroy because this application is only available in a container. :D

I will point out that one big bummer for me is that the program currently does not allow you to actually DELETE photos. To delete, you need to physically delete the .jpgs from your server, then re-index. 

I was/am hoping to use this as a self-hosted method of sharing photos with family and friends. I have 10s of thousands of photos taken over the years, and have a curated/edited set I share online so friends and family can view them.  They;ve implemented the share feature which obviously allows that, but it would be nice to have more direct control over things as well. 

Still developing it for sure... hopefully it matures more over time.

1 minute ago, jpotrz said:

I will point out that one big bummer for me is that the program currently does not allow you to actually DELETE photos. To delete, you need to physically delete the .jpgs from your server, then re-index. 

I was/am hoping to use this as a self-hosted method of sharing photos with family and friends. I have 10s of thousands of photos taken over the years, and have a curated/edited set I share online so friends and family can view them.  They;ve implemented the share feature which obviously allows that, but it would be nice to have more direct control over things as well. 

Still developing it for sure... hopefully it matures more over time.

The developer also points out that he needs donations to keep this project alive and if you want to have extra features or requests to join his patriot and request them there.

Also please note that this project is in really early stages and will probably support this feature in the future.

I can recommend you Nextcloud for that and the Gallery app and if you don't want to have it in the database itself you can also use the External Sources app in Nextcloud.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, ich777 said:

@ben-nl & @ghzgod & @jpotrz & @jorge16 & @SpyKiIIer Created a working template, it is available in the CA App.

Not sure if this is a docker issue or what, but I don't have rights to the folders via SMB share once created.

I set up the docker. Added some pictures and everything works fine from the frontend stand point. Went to Windows and navigated to the share that has all the .jpgs and tried to delete them and it will not allow me. I can't seem to delete in Krusader either.

3 minutes ago, ich777 said:

The developer also points out that he needs donations to keep this project alive and if you want to have extra features or requests to join his patriot and request them there.

Also please note that this project is in really early stages and will probably support this feature in the future.

I can recommend you Nextcloud for that and the Gallery app and if you don't want to have it in the database itself you can also use the External Sources app in Nextcloud.

Yeap. I planned on donating for sure. I just wanted to get acquainted with the program a little more to start.

1 minute ago, jpotrz said:

Not sure if this is a docker issue or what, but I don't have rights to the folders via SMB share once created.

I set up the docker. Added some pictures and everything works fine from the frontend stand point. Went to Windows and navigated to the share that has all the .jpgs and tried to delete them and it will not allow me. I can't seem to delete in Krusader either.

It looks that the structure that it creates is owned by root. So try to chown some file to nobody:users and see if you can delete it?