[DOCKER] Handbrake GUI + Automation via CLI

I had been using Handbrake Docker for months with No issues then one day it stopped working, So I removed it and the img.

I have gone onto apps and re added it, Now once I set the location etc and I click WEBUI it opens a webpage but says "Safari can't connect to server 10.0.1.13 if I click the address bar it has http://10.0.1.13:8080/#/client/c/HandBrake.

Its really pi55ing me off I can't get this to work as its a major tool in my work :(

willing to pay in beer :)

Thanks

Lee

Tried a different browser or a browser cookie/cache clear?

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had been using Handbrake Docker for months with No issues then one day it stopped working, So I removed it and the img.

I have gone onto apps and re added it, Now once I set the location etc and I click WEBUI it opens a webpage but says "Safari can't connect to server 10.0.1.13 if I click the address bar it has http://10.0.1.13:8080/#/client/c/HandBrake.

Its really pi55ing me off I can't get this to work as its a major tool in my work :(

willing to pay in beer :)

Thanks

Lee

Since you had different people trying to help you in different threads I have merged these posts into this thread.

Please don't crosspost. This rule of internet etiquette predates the world wide web. ;)

It just makes everyone waste their time giving you the same answers someone else already gave you in another thread.

• 1 month later...

When I attempt to run the convert.sh script I get the following error

ls: cannot access '/nobody/.config/ghb/Watch-Folder': No such file or directory
root@Tower:/mnt/cache/HandBrake/Convert-Script#

Yes I did set the path of "'/nobody/.config/ghb/Watch-Folder'" in my container to the following

/mnt/cache/Handbrake/dump/

Also when I move a file into my Watch folder it well doesn't appear to do anything. I can run HandBrake from the GUI just not via the Watch folder or manually running the conver.sh file. 

When I check the Nerdpack Plugin I don't see inotify installed so I wonder........ Then again inotify isn't listed in the Nerdpack either. 

2 hours ago, trurl said:

inotify is built-in now.

Interesting. I did a search for it and it never showed up on my machine. Doesn't mean I didn't do it right, but Handbrake never activated the Watch folder and I still got that odd error I posted when I tried to run the convert.sh script. 

34 minutes ago, kizer said:

Interesting. I did a search for it and it never showed up on my machine. Doesn't mean I didn't do it right, but Handbrake never activated the Watch folder and I still got that odd error I posted when I tried to run the convert.sh script. 

If the script runs within the container itself, then inotifytools has to be installed within the container.  A container has no access (unless you explicitly give it) to any commands on the host OS

2 hours ago, Squid said:

If the script runs within the container itself, then inotifytools has to be installed within the container.  A container has no access (unless you explicitly give it) to any commands on the host OS

I overlooked the subject of the thread and was just responding to kizer's single post. Duh!

Thanks guys. I'm just stumped why this Watcher Folder isn't working. cron says its running 17min after the hour, but the logs aren't showing any errors and my test file is still sitting in the folder. I mapped it when I set it up, but so far nada. Of course looking in cron.hourly there isn't anything in the folder to run. Lol Stupid HandBrake Logs. Lol

After I possed the question to why I coudn't find inotify it dawned me it was in the container. Lol

Typo when I run the code :$

When I run it manually within the container with the following

HandBrakeGLI -i /Movies/MovieTitlteHere.mkv -o /Output/Movie.TittleHere.mp4 Ipad

I'm getting an Error 3 which looks to me like a permissions error. Hmmmm

When I run convert.sh within the container I get

chown: cannot access '/Output/MovieTitleHere.mp4' : No such file or directory

Anybody throw me a Bone here to what I'm missing?

3 hours ago, kizer said:

Thanks guys. I'm just stumped why this Watcher Folder isn't working. cron says its running 17min after the hour, but the logs aren't showing any errors and my test file is still sitting in the folder. I mapped it when I set it up, but so far nada. Of course looking in cron.hourly there isn't anything in the folder to run. Lol Stupid HandBrake Logs. Lol

After I possed the question to why I coudn't find inotify it dawned me it was in the container. Lol

Typo when I run the code :$

When I run it manually within the container with the following

HandBrakeGLI -i /Movies/MovieTitlteHere.mkv -o /Output/Movie.TittleHere.mp4 Ipad

I'm getting an Error 3 which looks to me like a permissions error. Hmmmm

When I run convert.sh within the container I get

chown: cannot access '/Output/MovieTitleHere.mp4' : No such file or directory

Anybody throw me a Bone here to what I'm missing?

I think I vaguely remember having that issue. For me the folders created by the docker weren't marked as RW so I wasn't able to ever edit or create files in any of the folders such as Output or Convert. I changed the permissions to have write and everything worked for me.

Thanks for the reply. Its odd no matter where I point the Output in the Container it tells me the same chown error message. Heck I even pointed it at the Watch Folder since it can obviously read from it. I made sure everything is read/write for everybody. Just boggles my mind lol 

• 4 weeks later...

Hey sparkly,

I noticed a couple of things with the inotify folder watcher:

1) If I add another file while the first one is being converted, the 2nd file doesn't get converted. I think the notification message is being lost.

2) If I add another file after the first one is done being converted, it starts re-converting the first, then works on the second.

I'm thinking about working on this, integrating some of the work I did for FileBot's watch folders. Some details are here: https://github.com/coppit/docker-inotify-command. (Now that I think about it, my code might be susceptible to issue #1 as well, so I'll fix that too.) For issue #2, I was thinking about creating a file that "remembers" the files that have already been processed.

How does all that sound? If it's good, I'll work on it and send you some pull requests.

• 1 month later...

Good day Crew,

I save all of my Movies to DVD.ISO (movie only)

I save all of my TV Series to DVD.ISO (clone disk -> adverts, menus, all episodes).

Playback of the TV shows has become problematic under newer flavors of KODI.

1 - Can handbrake consume a DVD.ISO and export the 3 to 4 episodes into separate containers by episode?

2 - If so... can I supply a Parent folder and automate this process for all Child folders.

• Share Media
  • Parent folder Media/Tv/
    • Under TV...
      • Show1
      • Show2
      • etc
    • Under Media/Tv/Show1
      • Season1
      • Season2
      • Etc
    • Under Media/Tv/Show1/Season1
      • 01.iso  (disk 1)
      • 02.iso  (disk 2) 
      • etc

What I want is to create 01_01.mkv, 01_02.mkv, 01_03.mkv, etc from 01.iso per episode (or whatever container is recommended). 

3 - If so... anyone willing to help with the script for a beer or two? 

Thanks folks! 

6 hours ago, landS said:

Good day Crew,

I save all of my Movies to DVD.ISO (movie only)

I save all of my TV Series to DVD.ISO (clone disk -> adverts, menus, all episodes).

Playback of the TV shows has become problematic under newer flavors of KODI.

1 - Can handbrake consume a DVD.ISO and export the 3 to 4 episodes into separate containers by episode?

2 - If so... can I supply a Parent folder and automate this process for all Child folders.

• Share Media
  • Parent folder Media/Tv/
    • Under TV...
      • Show1
      • Show2
      • etc
    • Under Media/Tv/Show1
      • Season1
      • Season2
      • Etc
    • Under Media/Tv/Show1/Season1
      • 01.iso  (disk 1)
      • 02.iso  (disk 2) 
      • etc

What I want is to create 01_01.mkv, 01_02.mkv, 01_03.mkv, etc from 01.iso per episode (or whatever container is recommended). 

3 - If so... anyone willing to help with the script for a beer or two? 

Thanks folks! 

As there are so many variables when it comes to which track is which episode, it's an impossible task to write a script for it. Some disc even have a couple hundred of titles with the same length just to make it hard. I assume you use blu-ray or its only DVD?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Hey guys first post!

And I hope I'm not necroing, I realize it's been a while since this post was utilized, but this seems like the right place. Anyway, I was hoping someone could help me with an automation issue that I'm having with the Handbrake container that I haven't had luck finding elsewhere in the forums.

I use JRiver Media Center to make movie ISOs. By default, JRiver will make a folder in its rip directory (which I've made be an Unraid share) with the title of the move like this: NAS/Watch Folder/[title of movie]/[iso files]. The watch folder does nothing with the ISO in its movie sub folder. However, if I take out the ISO and place it directly in the watch folder, or change the Handbrake container's watch directory to include the movies folder, it will then see the iso and start the auto encode. Obviously it doesn't get the title of the movie this way, I would have a library full of movies called "VIDEO". Any idea why it isn't including children subfolders in its watch folder scan? Everything else works great, it outputs fine, I can manually find and run encodes from these movie subfolders in the Handbrake container, its just that the automation doesn't see them.

I'm pretty new with Unraid, this feels like a 101 level thing that I'm just not seeing. 

Thanks and I have beers chilling.

• 2 years later...

what is the preset EDIT section to add the optional Sub titles to a video

so when I copy the movie and srt file...  it will automaiclly start processing and add the srt file as a optional sub title  into  video

is there a list  what to do  as I only can see the gui side  but I don't see one for for it running in the background