Feature Request - Ports Used

With the transmission webUI, it always seems to me that when you first set the port it uses it won't immediately report whether it is open or not, but then if you close the dialog and go back in it will report it correctly.

I am not using the default 54321 port and that's the way it worked for me, anyway.

That said, I am also not remapping the transmission ports to different host ports since they don't conflict with anything else I'm doing.

• 1 year later...

Was there ever anything written to help with this?  I am only a couple of days into using unRAID and I see how this could be an issue as I have had 2-3 dockers want to use port 8080.

Was sorted a long time ago.  Unraid tells you what ports are in use now.

Was there ever anything written to help with this?  I am only a couple of days into using unRAID and I see how this could be an issue as I have had 2-3 dockers want to use port 8080.

6.2.4+ on the bottom before you add / install there's text that when clicked shows you the ports already mapped.

Absolutely zero problem having multiple apps all wanting to use 8080.  Just change the host port and leave everything alone.  As far as the app is concerned its communicating on 8080, but when you try and access it you'll go to 8081 or whatever you've mapped it to.

6.2.4+ on the bottom before you add / install there's text that when clicked shows you the ports already mapped.
That does not appear to be a comprehensive list. For example, I have one of the Plex Media Servers installed. It doesn't list any ports in use on the show deployed ports. Surely it uses at least 32400 for the web UI and others for streaming. Same for the AirVideoHD docker, nothing listed but it uses several. 

Anything that runs in host mode is impossible to determine as they can decide at anytime what port to open.  For those the best resource that you have is the project page for the App itself.

Nothing anyone can do about it

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk