[DOCKER] Pydio

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone have the desktop sync client working with this? Everything is working great through the webui.  I can install the desktop sync client and give it credentials. It is able to get to the server and read workspaces etc. Once it starts to sync there is a token error for me.

I have it going through the other Apache Reverse Proxy docker to get ssl if that makes any difference.

thanks

Does anyone have the desktop sync client working with this? Everything is working great through the webui.  I can install the desktop sync client and give it credentials. It is able to get to the server and read workspaces etc. Once it starts to sync there is a token error for me.

I have it going through the other Apache Reverse Proxy docker to get ssl if that makes any difference.

thanks

i don't have any experience with reverse proxies i'm afraid.

i've made some big changes to the container, added ssl which requires a port change, added a new folder mapping /UNRAID and bumped the version to 6.0.7

new users can just utilise the container straight away, existing users , hold fire, it is upgradeable, just need to thrash out the finer details of the where's and whyfore's.

I went ahead and deleted out the old installation of Pydio and then installed a new fresh copy. So far so good. I believe this will be very helpful for me going forward.

I was not able to get the email piece configured as I would want so have disabled it. I was able to get it to send emails through a gmail account but not through my Office 365 account (which matches my domain name). The emails that did go out from Pydio had a sender of "www-data" for the name regardless of what I put in the Pydio settings. That looks like the account that Pydio is running as so I might just be missing something in the configuration.  I can live with no emails and just let my friends/family know by regular email when there is something for them in their workspace.

thanks for this Docker!

I went ahead and deleted out the old installation of Pydio and then installed a new fresh copy. So far so good. I believe this will be very helpful for me going forward.

I was not able to get the email piece configured as I would want so have disabled it. I was able to get it to send emails through a gmail account but not through my Office 365 account (which matches my domain name). The emails that did go out from Pydio had a sender of "www-data" for the name regardless of what I put in the Pydio settings. That looks like the account that Pydio is running as so I might just be missing something in the configuration.  I can live with no emails and just let my friends/family know by regular email when there is something for them in their workspace.

thanks for this Docker!

in the ssmtp.conf file

#
# Config file for sSMTP sendmail
#
# The person who gets all mail for userids < 1000
# Make this empty to disable rewriting.

root=

# The place where the mail goes. The actual machine name is required no
# MX records are consulted. Commonly mailhosts are named mail.domain.com

mailhub=smtp.gmail.com:587
AuthUser=
AuthPass=
UseSTARTTLS=yes

# Where will the mail seem to come from?
#rewriteDomain=

# The full hostname
#hostname=

# Are users allowed to set their own From: address?
# YES - Allow the user to specify their own From: address
# NO - Use the system generated From: address
#FromLineOverride=YES

change

mailhub=smtp.gmail.com:587

to

mailhub=smtp.office365.com:587

as well as inputting your credentials.

and for the mail coming from www-data , put your email from address where it says "root=" in this block here

# The person who gets all mail for userids < 1000
# Make this empty to disable rewriting.

root=

Sparkly, I'm curious, finally decided to devote a bit of time to this and owncloud. 

What are the advantages of pydio over owncloud?  Seems to have loads more options, and as far as I can tell the main difference is to allow collaboration on shared files and spaces.  Am I missing any other features.

Sparkly, I'm curious, finally decided to devote a bit of time to this and owncloud. 

What are the advantages of pydio over owncloud?  Seems to have loads more options, and as far as I can tell the main difference is to allow collaboration on shared files and spaces.  Am I missing any other features.

honest answer, i don't know, i don't use either.

made this one, like several others i've done , on a request.

Sparklyballs, that sentence just underlines your altruism, now when are you going to get a donations button?  Think of the gallons of Appleton's you could get!

Sparklyballs, that sentence just underlines your altruism, no when are you going to get a donations button?  Think of the gallons of Appleton's you could get!

some fella on the kodi forum asked me to modify one of my dockers for synology , as apparently they've got docker recently.

NOX, can you post your reverse proxy configuration? I'm trying to get my pydio working with my apache reverse proxy and I'm just getting a blank page. Did you have to change any settings in pydio to get this working?

Here is what I have in my ReverseProxy Docker configuration.  10.0.1.15 is the IP of my unraid server. Port 443 forwards from the outside world to unraid ip 10.0.1.15. The ReverseProxy docker has a mapping app to host 443/443. 

---

VirtualHost *:443>

ServerName my.domain.com

ServerAlias domain.com

ServerAdmin webmaster@localhost

DocumentRoot /web

SSLEngine on

SSLProxyEngine On

SSLProxyVerify none

SSLProxyCheckPeerCN off

SSLProxyCheckPeerName off

SSLProxyCheckPeerExpire off

SSLProtocol all -SSLv2

SSLCipherSuite ALL:!ADH:!EXPORT:!SSLv2:RC4+RSA:+HIGH:+MEDIUM

SSLCertificateFile /config/ssl.crt

SSLCertificateKeyFile /config/decrypted.ssl.key

SSLCertificateChainFile /config/sub.class1.server.ca.pem

<Location />

ProxyPass https://10.0.1.15:6074/

ProxyPassReverse https://10.0.1.15:6074/

</Location>

</VirtualHost>

---

Within Pydio configuration I have

Application Core

Server URL: https://my.domain.com

Download URL: https://my.domain.com/data/public

I had the white screen as well and the above got it working.

Sparklyballs, that sentence just underlines your altruism, no when are you going to get a donations button?  Think of the gallons of Appleton's you could get!

some fella on the kodi forum asked me to modify one of my dockers for synology , as apparently they've got docker recently.

quisling
  • 3 weeks later...

I've setup the mysql container from a different repo and was able to connect to it via MySQLWorkbench; but I cannot connect using pydio; I get the following error:

Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2)

Could someone help me?  :(

I've setup the mysql container from a different repo and was able to connect to it via MySQLWorkbench; but I cannot connect using pydio; I get the following error:

Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2)

Could someone help me?  :(

what settings are you using to connect to the database docker ?

i can't remember whether you have to create a user firsthand as well or not.

In the mySQL container; I have created a username and database.

My mySQL docker is running with the following xml:

</Description>
  <Registry>https://registry.hub.docker.com/_/mysql/</Registry>
  <Repository>mysql</Repository>
  <BindTime>true</BindTime>
  <Privileged>false</Privileged>
  <Environment>
    <Variable>
      <Name>MYSQL_ROOT_PASSWORD</Name>
      <Value>(A chosen root password)</Value>
    </Variable>
    <Variable>
      <Name>MYSQL_DATABASE</Name>
      <Value>d_mysql</Value>
    </Variable>
    <Variable>
      <Name>MYSQL_USER</Name>
      <Value>d_mysql_user</Value>
    </Variable>
    <Variable>
      <Name>MYSQL_PASSWORD</Name>
      <Value>(Some Password)</Value>
    </Variable>
  </Environment>

I've also created the user d_mysql in unraid itself...

When you said 'database', did you mean I needed to explicitly create a table in the database first?

In the mySQL container; I have created a username and database.

My mySQL docker is running with the following xml:

</Description>
  <Registry>https://registry.hub.docker.com/_/mysql/</Registry>
  <Repository>mysql</Repository>
  <BindTime>true</BindTime>
  <Privileged>false</Privileged>
  <Environment>
    <Variable>
      <Name>MYSQL_ROOT_PASSWORD</Name>
      <Value>(A chosen root password)</Value>
    </Variable>
    <Variable>
      <Name>MYSQL_DATABASE</Name>
      <Value>d_mysql</Value>
    </Variable>
    <Variable>
      <Name>MYSQL_USER</Name>
      <Value>d_mysql_user</Value>
    </Variable>
    <Variable>
      <Name>MYSQL_PASSWORD</Name>
      <Value>(Some Password)</Value>
    </Variable>
  </Environment>

I've also created the user d_mysql in unraid itself...

When you said 'database', did you mean I needed to explicitly create a table in the database first?

i'm not familiar with that container, what ip address are you using in the pydio setup interface to connect with it ?