beta 15 [smbd: no process found]

well it is something in my configs folder, I reformated and beta 15 boots fine on its own but when i copy over my configs folder i get the smbd thing.

Did you just copy over the whole of the config folder, or did you do a selective copy of the configuration files?  If you copied over the whole folder you may well have copied items like plugins that are not v6 compatible.

Providing a syslog would probably allow us to verify if this is the case.

well it is something in my configs folder, I reformated and beta 15 boots fine on its own but when i copy over my configs folder i get the smbd thing.

There's something on your config that is killing the Samba daemon, and your best chance is to verify/remove  the /boot/config/smb-extra.conf file.

There's something on your config that is killing the Samba daemon, and your best chance is to verify/remove  the /boot/config/smb-extra.conf file.

I looked for that file but I don't have it.

Ok, I'm starting to think we should approach this by process of elimination. Can you try doing a stock flash device (none of your old settings), then try adding files to the config folder one at a time?  Specifically the shares.cfg and the shares sub folder off of the config folder...

• 3 weeks later...

I believe that's the samba password data store.

If that's correct, you shouldn't need it -- it will be recreated when needed if you set passwords.

there is also a smbpasswd file and a passwd file wouldn't the smbpasswd file be the password for that? It says its a created file I just don't want it to mess up anything in my array.