Replacing Drive now Server wont start

I'm at a loss here. I followed the instructions below.....

You must replace a failed disk with a disk which is as big or bigger than the original and not bigger than the parity disk. If the replacement disk is larger than your parity disk, then the system permits a special configuration change called swap-disable.

For swap-disable, you use your existing parity disk to replace the failed disk, and you install your new big disk as the parity disk:

Stop the array.

Power down the unit.

Replace the parity hard disk with a new bigger one.

Replace the failed hard disk with you old parity disk.

Power up the unit.

Start the array.

When you start the array, the system will first copy the parity information to the new parity disk, and then reconstruct the contents of the failed disk.

After that when I powered the server back on it wouldn't connect to the network at all. It no longer shows as a client under my router's GUI. I changed the drives back but still the same issue. This is a headless server that has been up and running great for years. I thought I was in for a simple replacement of a failed drive and bigger parity.

Let me know what you guys recommend.

Thanks,

Brandon

I'm at a loss here. I followed the instructions below.....

You must replace a failed disk with a disk which is as big or bigger than the original and not bigger than the parity disk. If the replacement disk is larger than your parity disk, then the system permits a special configuration change called swap-disable.

For swap-disable, you use your existing parity disk to replace the failed disk, and you install your new big disk as the parity disk:

Stop the array.

Power down the unit.

Replace the parity hard disk with a new bigger one.

Replace the failed hard disk with you old parity disk.

Power up the unit.

Start the array.

When you start the array, the system will first copy the parity information to the new parity disk, and then reconstruct the contents of the failed disk.

After that when I powered the server back on it wouldn't connect to the network at all. It no longer shows as a client under my router's GUI. I changed the drives back but still the same issue. This is a headless server that has been up and running great for years. I thought I was in for a simple replacement of a failed drive and bigger parity.

Let me know what you guys recommend.

Thanks,

Brandon

First thing to check would be the ethernet cables.  (and if there are multiple ethernet ports, try the other one) 

After that, you really are going to need a monitor / keyboard on the server so that you can see if its even booting.  Some BIOS's will change the boot order when hard drives change.

If it is booting, then you're going to want to post a syslog (http://lime-technology.com/wiki/index.php/Troubleshooting#Capturing_your_syslog) and post the output of

ifconfig

and

ethtool eth0

Archived