• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

is your appdata share cache only ?

if it is, change the mapping to

/mnt/cache/appadata/FileZilla

Not sure how to answer your question.

I did however try to map as suggested and still no go.

dunno then, works fine here.

stop any other dockers and see if it works on it's own. could be a port mapping issue with some of the behind the scenes ports for this container.

sparkly's suggestion contains a typo. It should be /mnt/cache/appdata/FileZilla.

You must go to the Shares page, click on the appdata share, and set it to Use cache disk: Only or mover will move it to the array.

Also, if you followed sparkly's typo, then you have created another share named appadata which you should clean up.

sparkly's suggestion contains a typo. It should be /mnt/cache/appdata/FileZilla.

You must go to the Shares page, click on the appdata share, and set it to Use cache disk: Only or mover will move it to the array.

Also, if you followed sparkly's typo, then you have created another share named appadata which you should clean up.

yeah my bad,,,,

zappa the appadata

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I would like to know about the update process as well.

I also have another issue. Currently I can access the WebUI and connect to the Filezilla client, but it will not respond to any commands. It did this once before and the only fix I had was to clean out the files from the config folder and restart the Docker.

• 4 weeks later...

First off thank you sparklyballs for setting up a repository for Filzezilla!!

I have it installed and I am able to login to my ftp server however the speed seems to be capped at 1.5 MB/s which is significantly slower than transfer the same file via filezilla on my windows machine.  I have checked that there are no speed limits enabled. 

My unraid server is wired into the same router as my windows machine and I have 150/20mbps internet and can usually get around 4-8 MB/s on windows with filezilla.  Over Ethernet I can get write speeds up to 100MB/s so I know its my Ethernet port on the server. 

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I might be able to change in either the Docker/container or unraid to increase my download speeds?

Thanks!!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hiya Sparklyballs!

Question - if there is a FileZilla update... can I do the update (and if so, how?), or is it best that I wait for the docker maintainer to do the update?

Thanks in advance!

I would like to know the answer to this as well.

Kevin.

Sparky has to update the docker, otherwise it will break if you update it

• 1 month later...

I have it installed and I am able to login to my ftp server however the speed seems to be capped at 1.5 MB/s which is significantly slower than transfer the same file via filezilla on my windows machine.  I have checked that there are no speed limits enabled. 

My unraid server is wired into the same router as my windows machine and I have 150/20mbps internet and can usually get around 4-8 MB/s on windows with filezilla.  Over Ethernet I can get write speeds up to 100MB/s so I know its my Ethernet port on the server. 

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I might be able to change in either the Docker/container or unraid to increase my download speeds?

Thanks!!

I notice the same thing.  will not download any faster than 1.5 MB/s

Thanks!!

Works for me.. currently downloading at 2.4 MB/s

Thanks!!

Works for me.. currently downloading at 2.4 MB/s

It is just weird,  single file is capped at 1.5 MB/s  but i can download multiple files and each one will cap at 1.5 MB/s 

It is just weird,  single file is capped at 1.5 MB/s  but i can download multiple files and each one will cap at 1.5 MB/s

I havent tried/seen the max speed for a single file.. I have it set to do 4 files at once and the combined total is def. more than 1.5 MB/s

Yup,  but for me, each file will max out at 1.5 MB/s

as I simply want to grasp the theory of this.  This container is filezilla running as a desktop (gui) app.  I can RDP via windows RDP or the web RDP.

Perfect, so far everything makes sense...

Then, since it is only a client (it is not hosting ftp since you mention that is windows based), I can send files from my source folder (or fetched folder if I wish) and pull files from any source via ftp...

I know, this is silly, it makes perfect sense.  So, long story short, instead of having to rely on my normal computer as an FTP client, I can push and pull files via this simple docker container and turn off my regular machine as it is no longer needed..........

this is awesome.

• 1 month later...

Just curious if people are beyond the 1.5mb/sec cap with this container?

Could be a limit of the FTP site you are connecting to.

I've seen peak downloads of 34+ mb/sec using this container, and that with 10 concurrent sessions (the other ones vary from 600kb/sec to 4 mb/sec)

I don't think it's the container.

Still an issue for me,  I can download 10 files at a time or just a single file, NO FILE WILL GO FASTER THAN 1.5.  It is not the site i download from as i can easily get over 20 on a single file with filezilla on my imac

Still an issue for me,  I can download 10 files at a time or just a single file, NO FILE WILL GO FASTER THAN 1.5.  It is not the site i download from as i can easily get over 20 on a single file with filezilla on my imac

Thanks Scott , I would like to integrate an FTP client into my unraid system but I have the same issue as you but on WIN10. I bet your on comcast as i am?

I have since moved onto a different FTP client that will allow multiple connections to a single file, segmented downloading, Cuteftp 9 and Free download manager do this perfectly and i am not limited to 1.5mbps per file. I have also created a topic on filezillas site as other peeps have and the admin / team have ignored the fact that people want multipart/segemented downloads. 

Maybe i should recommend FDM as a docker to be created, Cuteftp 9 is not free... unlike FDM or Filezilla.

Good Luck

AJ

I looked at this as a faster alternative to import data from my QNAP NAS devices.. but seeing that this only hits 1.5MB/s .. f*** :-[

Unraid really needs a "Unraid data import" plugin/docker provided by Lime Technology.. people (new customers / newbee's like me!) have terrabytes of data and want the fastest way to move it. So far my best guess is a CP (its faster) and a RSYNC afterwards to make sure i didn't miss anything. But resuming the CP is hard, i still really dont know what it'll do when it encounters an already existing file..

I look into using FTP because RSYNC is to slow, CP cant resume, and mapping via SMB is another performance hit. Also, all attempts to disable RSYNC encryption made no difference.

Also, i once found that unencrypted FTP is the fastest transfer to/from my QNAP devices.

• 4 weeks later...

Newish to Docker.

FileZilla WebUI keeps firing sabNZB, even though their ports are different.  FileZilla is set to 3389/tcp>192.168.1.111:3389 and sab is set to 8080/tcp>192.168.1.111:8080.

I've restarted Docker by stopping and starting the array, but it still fires sab.

Any tips would be most welcome.  Thanks!!!