[DOCKER] Filezilla Client

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi, I'm new to unraid and downloaded Filezilla for it. It is working great but I do not know where my downloaded files are getting saved. Please help.

Probably inside the container, where it will eventually fill up and corrupt docker.img.

Post your volume mappings.

/Local-Src: /mnt/disk1/apps/filezilla/SRC

/Fetched-Files: /mnt/disk1/apps/filezilla/FETCHD

/nobody/.config/filezilla: /mnt/disk1/apps/filezilla/CONFIG

I think you're right. "/mnt" makes sense now. I do not know how to point it to another folder outside docker though. I'll read more about it, maybe start the docker newbies post :)

EDIT: after reading the forums it all makes sense now. Here are the tips I got that helped me may help other newbies too.

*do not use /mnt/disk1/ as it may lead to issues

*add folders (containers) in the plexmediaserver settings, otherwise the app cant access it

*use /mnt/user/ (again not /mnt/disk1)

Thanks @trurl for your quick responses

/Local-Src: /mnt/disk1/apps/filezilla/SRC

/Fetched-Files: /mnt/disk1/apps/filezilla/FETCHD

/nobody/.config/filezilla: /mnt/disk1/apps/filezilla/CONFIG

I think you're right. "/mnt" makes sense now. I do not know how to point it to another folder outside docker though. I'll read more about it, maybe start the docker newbies post :)

I don't use this docker, but if you are telling the application to put something in /mnt that is definitely going to be inside. The container volumes are what the application uses. With your mappings, if you tell the application to put something in /Fetched-Files, then from the host you would find it at /mnt/disk1/apps/filezilla/FETCHD.
  • 3 months later...

Hate to bring up an issue as I really like this docker but for me (seemingly similar to the others on the previous pages) the download speeds in the docker during my initial testing was significantly slower than using filezilla outside of an unraid docker

First ftp tested:  linux iso ftp (anonymous, non TLS connection)

Docker ftp transfer speed 1.7mb/s sustained maximum (however I can have concurrent download transfers of 1.7mb/s each, I tried 5 successfully at the same time

Window 10 Laptop / Filezilla 3.18 : 19mb/s single file transfer

2nd private  Ftp tested: (password, TLS connection)

Docker: 5.5mb/s sustained maximum (however again I can have concurrent downloads all maxed out at 5.5mb/s each, again I tried 5 successfully at the same time

Windows 10 Laptop /Filezilla 3.18: 25mb/s single file transfer

I have been through all the settings to ensure duplication between the filezillas - not that much was changed and to also observe that there was no cap in place per transfer or overall, so I'm stumped!

Is anyone getting the issue where you can't click inside the filezilla interface?  I can click on the initial "OK" Button, but when filezilla GUI starts, nothing responds.

Edit: Submitted too early.

I suspect it has something to do with the update filezilla dialog box.  If I keep reloading the page, after a long time, I might get the update filezilla dialog box to show up inside the docker.  Most of the time, it doesn't appear.  And then I can click "no don't update" and go on as normal.

I hope that wasn't too confusing

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Probably not as sparky devotes his time to developing foor. linuxserver io

I'll have to take a look at these docker containers and how they are created.. maybe I can create a new one that I will keep updated..

I've updated the Dockerfile and sent Sparklyballs a PR, which if he accepts and triggers a new build should update this.

Out of curiosity, what fix does this update bring as I've been using the bundled version with no issues.

Or is it just a need to have the latest?

Probably not as sparky devotes his time to developing foor. linuxserver io

I'll have to take a look at these docker containers and how they are created.. maybe I can create a new one that I will keep updated..

I've updated the Dockerfile and sent Sparklyballs a PR, which if he accepts and triggers a new build should update this.

Out of curiosity, what fix does this update bring as I've been using the bundled version with no issues.

Or is it just a need to have the latest?

The update popup is just annoying thats all :)

Can you point me in the right direction on how someone would update/build these dockerfiles?

Cheers!

You need a github account, a docker account and basically some understanding of Linux, it's not difficult, but there is differences depending on which app it is, hence the need to kind of understand what the dockerfile is doing.  For instance ls.io uses customised Xenial or Alpine base images, and they're very different in approach, binhex uses Arch and the AUR I believe.

I struggle making containers from scratch, although I'm learning a little every day, but I can usually follow a dockerfile, well the bulk of it, some stuff still confuses the hell out of me, especially on the gui apps.

You need a github account, a docker account and basically some understanding of Linux, it's not difficult, but there is differences depending on which app it is, hence the need to kind of understand what the dockerfile is doing.  For instance ls.io uses customised Xenial or Alpine base images, and they're very different in approach, binhex uses Arch and the AUR I believe.

I struggle making containers from scratch, although I'm learning a little every day, but I can usually follow a dockerfile, well the bulk of it, some stuff still confuses the hell out of me, especially on the gui apps.

Thanks for the info, I have a github account and get get around in linux fairly well.. I'll check into getting a docker account and will start playing around :)

• 2 months later...