Status of NFS in 6b15

A while back there was a discussion about the possibility of dropping NFS v3. I like to know what the situation is now.

Is v3 still working or is it v4 only?

I need to add a v3 NFS share for my networked BluRay player which is NFS only to get stutter free playback.

I also need to set some parameters like rsize=4096 or rsize=8192. Where do I set this in such a way that it survives a reboot? 

A while back there was a discussion about the possibility of dropping NFS v3. I like to know what the situation is now.

I need to add a v3 NFS share for my networked BluRay player which is NFS only to get stutter free playback.

I also need to set some parameters like rsize=4096 or rsize=8192. Where do I set this in such a way that it survives a reboot?

Are your issues with SMB similar to what is described in this thread?  If they are, please post your experience and hardware configuration.  (I can tell you that NFS is almost as bad as SMB on my hardware!)

Are your issues with SMB similar to what is described in this thread?  If they are, please post your experience and hardware configuration.  (I can tell you that NFS is almost as bad as SMB on my hardware!)

I Don't know how and which NFS is implemented in unraid 6. I have a Dune mediaplayer connected over NFS to my server which play high bitrate movies stutter free and without sound breakups. On SMB sound breakups occur.

The other players needs works best with an rsize=4096 on a QNAP NAS, so I like experiment with this parameter. I don't know how and where to set it though.

I am one Dumb @$$!!!  The link to the other thread is as follows:

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=39350.0

Have you actually tested SMB in 6b15?  I don't know if you will have an issue or not.  It would be nice to know if you have any issues or not.  My testing indicates that stuttering  with SMB, in 6b15 (not with 6b14b and earlier), results in the same problem with NFS.  (To be fair, earlier versions of SMB would stutter in cases where NFS did not but there has been a lot of work done on SMB as (apparently) as organizations are trying to get to a single easy-to-use protocol. 

6b15 for my regular dune media connected over smb works great without hiccups and sound break ups. On my blurayplayer smb is trouble and nfs is a lot better but not perfect. I still see hiccups and hear sound breakups. Therefor I like to experiment with the rsize value.