[Request] Support SNMP

+1. I was just wondering the same thing as I noticed version 6 seems to scan ok through Spiceworks now, but version 5 did not. It is probably using SSH to do its inventory. But with this change I was hopeful SNMP would now be supported. I use cacti for pretty graphs of all our server utilization and would be nice to add unraid.  Would a plugin allow support for this?

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Look in plugins section. There is SNMP plugin I successfully use with Observium and Zabbix.

But at the same time I think SNMP should be included into unraid core.

Sweet - thanks for the pointer.  If not included with the core, it would be nice if the developers of unRAID were to chime in and suggest that the method used with this plug-in is acceptable to them, and not likely to break something (or be broken) in the next 24 month horizon.

• 2 weeks later...

Curious. Do you want just Linux SNMP or are you wanting a unRAID specific MIB ... or some combination of both?

It should be unRAID specific MIBs - adding MIBs for disk temperature, disk spinup/down status gives great history view on unraid machine. However, imho this is something that should be integrated into the core, as the information for the extgended agent functionality probably should be provided by emhttp to make sure it is consistant (and to avoid querying disks again?).

• 1 year later...