Power down at a certain time?

One idea is to create a Cron Job that runs the Powerdown script at a specific time at specified intervals. Note that if you have other tasks running at this time like the Mover or any other activity these will be interrupted.

I haven’t tested this myself so let’s see if somebody else has some more ideas...

Gee, I have been reading about plugins/templeats/dockers all day looking for anything where I might be able to properly "Power Down" my system at a certain time like for example 02:00am. 

I would like to move to version 6 (which has a lot of great additions) but I like having my system automatically power-down at 2:00am.

Please somebody point me in the right directions that a advanced novice can understand..

thanks

Gee, I have been reading about plugins/templeats/dockers all day looking for anything where I might be able to properly "Power Down" my system at a certain time like for example 02:00am. 

I would like to move to version 6 (which has a lot of great additions) but I like having my system automatically power-down at 2:00am.

Please somebody point me in the right directions that a advanced novice can understand..

thanks

Pointing, but since I haven't done it myself I'll leave the research to you.

The powerdown plugin can be scripted, and you can use your go file to add a cron entry to schedule a script.

I will spell out some more details that I already know without doing any research. The powerdown plugin installs a script that you can call directly from the command line. I think if you just enter powerdown from the command line it will do it.

In the go file, you can put a line that will put this command into cron. I will let you research cron yourself since I don't know that part myself without doing some research.

... I think if you just enter powerdown from the command line it will do it.

That's correct.  If powerdown is installed, that's all you have to do to shut down the system => it's exactly the same as if you had a power failure and the UPS control software invoked that script.

So all you need for a timed shutdown is a Cron job that runs that command.

The potential problem I see with this is that if anything else is going on at that time [streaming a movie; mover running; etc.]  it would be interrupted by the shutdown.    It'd be nice if there was a simple script to test "Is anything going on right now?" ... but I'm not sure how complex that is in Linux.

... thinking a bit more about that, the more "stuff" you have in your system [Dockers, add-ons, etc.] the more likely it would seem that there may be activity going on that you may not want to be abruptly terminated.

So you clearly need to be judicious in setting the time you want the system to shut down; and be sure you don't have other timed activities that are likely to be ongoing at that time.

I found it, You need to download the Powerdown plugin package.  The next thing is put the below line in the "go file".

echo "/sbin/powerdown" | at 02:00

I found the plugin file here=https://github.com/dlandon/unraid-snap/raw/master/powerdown-x86_64.plg

Thanks dlandon

You need to download the Powerdown plugin package.  The next thing is put the below line in the "go file".

echo "/sbin/powerdown" | at 02:00

I found the plugin file here=https://github.com/dlandon/unraid-snap/raw/master/powerdown-x86_64.plg

Thanks dlandon

In unRAID v6, you don't actually download plugins, you install the plugin by inserting the URL of the '.plg' file into the box on the Install Plugins page.