[Plugin] IPMI for unRAID 6.1+

Sorry, now I'm getting this:

/bin/bash: line 34: [: too many arguments
/bin/bash: line 34: [: missing ']'

I uninstalled / rebooted / reinstalled / rebooted to confirm it was the ipmi plugin that was throwing the error.

Thanks. I pushed the wrong plg file. Updated again.

Perfect!  Thanks, the VM boots without errors on the console now :)

After the server start today my server is full of these error messages:

x86/PAT: ipmi-raw:14244 map pfn expected mapping type uncached-minus for [mem 0xdd4ef000-0xdd4effff], got write-back

A delete / reinstall didn't fixed the issue: http://pastebin.com/kVfC9UV2

Does ipmi-sensors work from the command line without error?

Try setting up network connection instead of using local. Even though I replaced my C2750 board with a new one and rma'd the old, I'm still using network connection for ipmi.

Yes ilmi-sensors is working without any issue:

root@Tower:~# ipmi-sensors
Caching SDR repository information: /root/.freeipmi/sdr-cache/sdr-cache-Tower.localhost
Caching SDR record 21 of 21 (current record ID 21) 
ID | Name            | Type        | Reading    | Units | Event
3  | ATX+5VSB        | Voltage     | 5.01       | V     | 'OK'
4  | +3VSB           | Voltage     | 3.50       | V     | 'OK'
5  | Vcore           | Voltage     | 1.81       | V     | 'OK'
6  | VCCM            | Voltage     | 1.36       | V     | 'OK'
7  | +1.05           | Voltage     | 1.07       | V     | 'OK'
8  | VCCIO_OUT       | Voltage     | 1.01       | V     | 'OK'
9  | BAT             | Voltage     | 3.10       | V     | 'OK'
10 | +5.00V          | Voltage     | 5.01       | V     | 'OK'
11 | +3.30V          | Voltage     | 3.34       | V     | 'OK'
12 | +12.00V         | Voltage     | 12.30      | V     | 'OK'
13 | CPU_FAN1        | Fan         | 800.00     | RPM   | 'OK'
14 | FRNT_FAN1       | Fan         | 600.00     | RPM   | 'OK'
15 | FRNT_FAN2       | Fan         | 1400.00    | RPM   | 'OK'
16 | FRNT_FAN3       | Fan         | 1400.00    | RPM   | 'OK'
17 | FRNT_FAN4       | Fan         | N/A        | RPM   | N/A
18 | FRNT_FAN5       | Fan         | N/A        | RPM   | N/A
19 | M/B Temperature | Temperature | 56.00      | C     | 'OK'
21 | CPU Temperature | Temperature | 48.00      | C     | 'OK'

I activated "localhost" now and I see the sensors also in the webgui again but Fan Control is disabled.

[EDIT] I completely removed the plugin as it was preventing my OSX KVM from starting. The issues were showing up with the latest update.

Yes ilmi-sensors is working without any issue:

root@Tower:~# ipmi-sensors
Caching SDR repository information: /root/.freeipmi/sdr-cache/sdr-cache-Tower.localhost
Caching SDR record 21 of 21 (current record ID 21) 
ID | Name            | Type        | Reading    | Units | Event
3  | ATX+5VSB        | Voltage     | 5.01       | V     | 'OK'
4  | +3VSB           | Voltage     | 3.50       | V     | 'OK'
5  | Vcore           | Voltage     | 1.81       | V     | 'OK'
6  | VCCM            | Voltage     | 1.36       | V     | 'OK'
7  | +1.05           | Voltage     | 1.07       | V     | 'OK'
8  | VCCIO_OUT       | Voltage     | 1.01       | V     | 'OK'
9  | BAT             | Voltage     | 3.10       | V     | 'OK'
10 | +5.00V          | Voltage     | 5.01       | V     | 'OK'
11 | +3.30V          | Voltage     | 3.34       | V     | 'OK'
12 | +12.00V         | Voltage     | 12.30      | V     | 'OK'
13 | CPU_FAN1        | Fan         | 800.00     | RPM   | 'OK'
14 | FRNT_FAN1       | Fan         | 600.00     | RPM   | 'OK'
15 | FRNT_FAN2       | Fan         | 1400.00    | RPM   | 'OK'
16 | FRNT_FAN3       | Fan         | 1400.00    | RPM   | 'OK'
17 | FRNT_FAN4       | Fan         | N/A        | RPM   | N/A
18 | FRNT_FAN5       | Fan         | N/A        | RPM   | N/A
19 | M/B Temperature | Temperature | 56.00      | C     | 'OK'
21 | CPU Temperature | Temperature | 48.00      | C     | 'OK'

I activated "localhost" now and I see the sensors also in the webgui again but Fan Control is disabled.

Were you using localhost or network when you got the error? What version of unRAID too?

Edit: Here's the previous version if you want to go back.

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/dmacias72/unRAID-plugins/5543a736bf35d7860ced2ebd8686dd7f1f30288b/plugins/ipmi.plg

Also I've gotten those errors before on the old motherboard when I was having trouble communicating with ipmi through localhost. I only use network now even on new board.

The unRAID version is 6.2.1 (see sig.). There was no difference in using localhost or the IP address.

Installier the old version and all is fine again (both localhost and network support "off").

Thanks a lot.

It should be fixed. There was a problem with the ipmi kernel driver loading. Shouldn't matter if your using network now anyway.

Thanks a lot dmacias. After the upgrade and a reboot all is well again. Even with "Enable Network Connection" switched off.

No problem. For Thanks testing it out.

Edit: Also since you're using a network connection, instead of ipmi-sensors you can use one of the scripts I made ipmisensors. There's also ipmifru, ipmisel and ipmiraw. They will use the network settings or not from the plugin, plus filter ignored and take any valid options too.

I have been using this plugin for nearly a year and it was running wonderfully after the last update I am having an issue. I can only see one sensor (a HDD temp). I can access all my sensor reading through the IPMI interface on the board but they won't load in the plugin either trying to access locally or over the network although it does return a positive login message. Anyone have any idea how to get it running again? Already tried deleting and reinstalling. The only thing in the logs that pops up is "Tower kernel: IPMI System Interface driver."

Thanks

I have been using this plugin for nearly a year and it was running wonderfully after the last update I am having an issue. I can only see one sensor (a HDD temp). I can access all my sensor reading through the IPMI interface on the board but they won't load in the plugin either trying to access locally or over the network although it does return a positive login message. Anyone have any idea how to get it running again? Already tried deleting and reinstalling. The only thing in the logs that pops up is "Tower kernel: IPMI System Interface driver."

Thanks

What version of unRAID?

Thanks

What version of unRAID?

I'm on 6.2.1

Thanks

What version of unRAID?

I'm on 6.2.1

Give me a min and I'll push an update.

Edit: should be fixed. Forgot the max on the 6.1 freeipmi so it was getting installed on 6.2

Not sure if this is worth noting on my end, however, I'm also experiencing the exact same issue after update 2016.10.17 with one major difference.  I'm running IPMI Tools in unRAID 6.2.1 on two servers but only one server is having the issue.

Server A with this board: SUPERMICRO MBD-X11SSL-F-O is having the issue and I keep getting this error in my syslog: Oct 19 22:54:17 Tower kernel: ipmi_si IPI0001:00: Error clearing flags: cc. Also, "IPMI-SENSORS" will not run from the command line.  There is an error that states that the ipmi.sensors.config file cannot be found.  I've attached the log for more details.

Server B with board: SUPERMICRO MBD-X10SLL-F-O is working just fine after update 2016.10.17. 

The SUPERMICRO IPMI admin tools shows all sensors green and active

tower-syslog-20161019-2336.zip

Not sure if this is worth noting on my end, however, I'm also experiencing the exact same issue after update 2016.10.17 with one major difference.  I'm running IPMI Tools in unRAID 6.2.1 on two servers but only one server is having the issue.

Server A with this board: SUPERMICRO MBD-X11SSL-F-O is having the issue and I keep getting this error in my syslog: Oct 19 22:54:17 Tower kernel: ipmi_si IPI0001:00: Error clearing flags: cc. Also, "IPMI-SENSORS" will not run from the command line.  There is an error that states that the ipmi.sensors.config file cannot be found.  I've attached the log for more details.

Server B with board: SUPERMICRO MBD-X10SLL-F-O is working just fine after update 2016.10.17. 

I was helping someone with 6.1 but initially set the Max for freeipmi to 6.1 which didn't work because it's 6.1.9. So I changed it to Min 6.1 but forgot the Max which then installed the wrong version on 6.2. I only updated the plg file. So it's possible depending when you updated one server got the broken 10.17 plg.

Anyway I pushed an update for the plugin and it should work now.

I was helping someone with 6.1 but initially set the Max for freeipmi to 6.1 which didn't work because it's 6.1.9. So I changed it to Min 6.1 but forgot the Max which then installed the wrong version on 6.2. I only updated the plg file. So it's possible depending when you updated one server got the broken 10.17 plg.

Anyway I pushed an update for the plugin and it should work now.

That fixed it. Thanks.

I removed the old install and re-downloaded the newest release of IPMI Tools, and I'm still getting only the one HDD sensor. I'm on Unraid 6.2.1. I'll update once a parity build I'm running is finished.

Is there any other info I can provide to help you troubleshoot?

Thanks!

Try running ipmisensors from the command line, see if there's errors.

Freeipmi package may not have installed.

Are you using local or network connection? Try switching to network.

You could also uninstall then rename the ipmi plugin folder or delete it. Then reinstall. Paste the plugin install log from the popup here. Also if you search your syslog for ipmi and any errors.