[Plugin] IPMI for unRAID 6.1+

14 hours ago, dmacias said:

I updated some of the screenshots in the original post. They were outdated. The current fan control does include a fan speed minimum and the ability to link a fan to a specific temperature sensor. The temperature regulation is based on a scale between the upper and lower temperature thresholds and the reading of the chosen sensor.

That sounds great. Can't wait for using that on my x11 board to get rid of my static speed hardware controller.

What I noticed is that having a polling time of some minutes is nice to control the temperature of HDDs but if the main CPU Fan is controlled by that, less than a few seconds will be a little so log to cool down a temperature spike based one spontaneous heavy processing of higher TDP CPUs?!

Correct me if I'm wrong with that.

Edited by Diggewuff

Hi dmacias, johnnie.black, may I know what command to execute and where?  5931f7436f148_ScreenShot2017-06-03at7_39_20AM.png.6a278c2a6be3d888b6506d97158d95d7.png  What numbers should I put on the command?  Does it persist even after restart?  

What do you mean by "I think the x9 would only allow fan control with all fans low, med, high."  May I know if not like that, how does the other newer boards handle fan control?

Thank you.

11 hours ago, jang430 said:

Hi dmacias, johnnie.black, may I know what command to execute and where?  5931f7436f148_ScreenShot2017-06-03at7_39_20AM.png.6a278c2a6be3d888b6506d97158d95d7.png  What numbers should I put on the command?  Does it persist even after restart?  

What do you mean by "I think the x9 would only allow fan control with all fans low, med, high."  May I know if not like that, how does the other newer boards handle fan control?

Thank you.

You just go edit the threshold in the configurator of the plugin and save it.

25 minutes ago, jang430 said:

In my case, what will be my threshold? What is the command line? Can you give a sample format?

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

There is no command line! Go to settings --> IPMI --> Sensors config and change the lower threshold for all used fans to something lower than current, save and then see if its still revving up.

Edited by saarg

Can you give an example how to do that? I already went into my bios and set it to quiet or something, but other than that, there is nothing else I can do. And yet, it keeps on revving up and down.

Can you give actual commands i can try? Will test it. Where did you execute the command?

to set a static fan speed log in to your unRaid box vie ssh:

On 31.5.2017 at 10:38 PM, dmacias said:

You can use the included ipmi-raw or ipmiraw (adds the network, ip , user and pass from ipmi settings)

ipmi-raw 00 30 70 66 01 00 64

00 - Get value

01 - Set value

00 - FAN 1/2/3/4

01 - FAN A

(possibly different groupings on some models)

00 to 64 - Speed (64 is max). 00 or 01 may set to auto if I remember

Remember these speeds are static and not affected by any temperatures.

5 minutes ago, Diggewuff said:

Try the commands, if it doesn't work, your board doesn't support fan speed control via IPMI and you have to chose a Mode in your Bios.

this command will set your main fan zone to full speed.

ipmi-raw 00 30 70 66 01 00 64

This only works on X10/X11, it won't work on the X9 series.

13 minutes ago, johnnie.black said:

Saarg already told you where to set them: settings -> ipmi - readings -> sensors config

When you go to settings click the "Readings" tab-

SafariScreenSnapz027.thumb.jpg.6c58b564123fbb442b79c68fdb4be673.jpg

Then select "Sensors Config"-

SafariScreenSnapz028.thumb.jpg.48c2b92701faeb0b33a89671d6fd834f.jpg

This will open a configuration text file that you can edit-

SafariScreenSnapz029.thumb.jpg.3f847e65787e5a27e80ae10af72e2d62.jpg

Just scroll down to the appropriate fan section, edit the threshold settings and save.

5 minutes ago, jang430 said:

So I need to put in values lower than those in thresholds to prevent it from shooting up once it hits the existing lower threshold right?

I believe just the "Lower Non-Critical". See if that helps after you save the settings.