[Plugin] IPMI for unRAID 6.1+

39 minutes ago, Mr_Jay84 said:

Is the anyway of moving the IMPI summary to the lower part of the Dashboard page?

This has been requested by multiple people in this thread.

One user came up with a client side browser script and posted the recipe but of course that (and presumably the plugin to process it) would need to be installed on all browser clients that access the server to be effective on them.  I suppose making use of typical browser plugin syncing features would make copying the initial install to other clients using the same browser easy though.

Edited by dabl
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/11/2020 at 9:25 AM, cinereus said:

I just wrote a basic greasemonkey script to do this:

// ==UserScript==
// @name     Move IMPI elements to bottom of unRAID dashboard
// @include  http://YOURHOSTNAMEORIP/Dashboard
// @grant    none
// ==/UserScript==

var container = document.querySelector ("div.content.shift");
var title = container.querySelector ("div#title");
var table = container.querySelector ("table#tblIPMIDash");

//-- Move IMPI elements to bottom
container.appendChild (title);
container.appendChild (table);

I'll look forward to this being in the new release as I don't think it will work inside of Chrome?

Thanks for the effort, it is much appreciated.

craigr

Just a little tip here if you don't want to have to load Greasemonkey in all your browsers...

You can use Config File Editor from tools to add the script in automatically without the need for any browser addons.. just a little nicer way of doing it where you don't have to think about it.  You'll just have to most likely remember to change it every time Unraid is updated or the page gets reverted back to default.

Here's what I did........  edit the file  /usr/local/emhttp/webGui/include/DefaultPageLayout.php

All the way at the bottom before the closing </body> tag I added cinereus's script:

</script>

<script>
var container = document.querySelector ("div.content.shift");
var title = container.querySelector ("div#title");
var table = container.querySelector ("table#tblIPMIDash");

//-- Move IMPI elements to bottom
//-- container.appendChild (title);
//-- container.appendChild (table);
</script>
</body>
</html>

EDIT -- Actually modifying that page messed up the layout of the Apps page a little bit.. but it's a starting point.

Edited by Energen
  • Like 1

FYI the main plugin from CA for IPMI tool is pulling from a repository that only has the older versions of ipmitool/freeipmi/etc - looks like they're in a separate repository from the source, and for whatever reason, the source isn't updating the unRAID-plugins repository. I only figured it out after finding the (awesome) dell updates that were made earlier this year and wondering why I wasn't seeing that on the MB dropdown list.

Thanks for all you do!

EDIT: Might be this - looks like the libtool archive may've been corrupted in upload:

root:~# upgradepkg --install-new ./libtool-2.4.6-x86_64-13.txz

+==============================================================================
| Installing new package ./libtool-2.4.6-x86_64-13.txz
+==============================================================================

Verifying package libtool-2.4.6-x86_64-13.txz.
xz: (stdin): File format not recognized
Unable to install ./libtool-2.4.6-x86_64-13.txz:  tar archive is corrupt (tar returned error code 2)

Edited by BVD
possible cause found

Could we also possibly get a new update to the plugin, to reflect the Dell changes you'd made to the source several months back by chance? I'm using the source to compile my own (as soon as I get my vm relocated), but it'd be helpful to include it as part of the built in CA updates packages.

Thanks again!

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone gotten the fan control to work successfully with an X9 board?

I have an X9DRL-iF board w/ two Arctic 12 semi-passive coolers.

I updated the thresholds in the config for both FAN1 and FAN2 to 0, 75, 150, and set IPMI fan mode to "Standard", but since my fans intentionally stop spinning and hit 0 RPM, the IPMI causes the fans go back to 100% every time they stop spinning.

So, I tried to enabled fan control in the plugin. However, this just causes the IPMI fan mode setting to change to "Full", and the fans sit at full speed. I tried changing the fan control options, resetting BMC, shutdown with power cord pulled for a few minutes, etc.

Any thing else I can try?

image.thumb.png.549536149dbbca9be87405190e06dbfd.png

image.thumb.png.1cbce1e154b559fe63d24f8f42d35f13.png

19 hours ago, johnnie.black said:

I've now confirmed this plugin is interfering with pool device spin down, when possible please take a look at this:

https://forums.unraid.net/bug-reports/prereleases/690-beta22-no-spin-down-of-pool-hdds-r976/?do=findComment&comment=10202

I assume you're using the fancontrol script. It shouldn't spin up any drives. It only checks the temp on the drive if it's not in standy.  Do you have an idea how its affecting the spin down?

smartctl -A -n standby /dev/sdX 2>/dev/null| grep -m 1 -i Temperature_Cel | awk '{print $10}'

5 minutes ago, johnnie.black said:

and it immediately spun up

Correction, like mentioned in the other thread the disk doesn't spin up, but the GUI stops showing the correct status, and once it spins up due to being accessed this command does prevents the disk from spinning down again.

image.png.beda490dd96e0be728cab4660b81bcbf.png

12 hours ago, johnnie.black said:

Correction, like mentioned in the other thread the disk doesn't spin up, but the GUI stops showing the correct status, and once it spins up due to being accessed this command does prevents the disk from spinning down again.

OK thanks. I had used smartctl instead of hdparm because I seem to remember hdparm would spin up disks but after reading through the thread I see that it messes with kernel disk statistics too. Smartctl must do the same. I also see that disks are polled every second by emhttp which should be more than enough of an interval for fan control. So I'll use already parsed data from emhttp for array disks and smartcrl for unassigned. Should fix the problem. 

• Like 1
On 7/31/2020 at 4:28 AM, dmacias said:

OK thanks. I had used smartctl instead of hdparm because I seem to remember hdparm would spin up disks but after reading through the thread I see that it messes with kernel disk statistics too. Smartctl must do the same. I also see that disks are polled every second by emhttp which should be more than enough of an interval for fan control. So I'll use already parsed data from emhttp for array disks and smartcrl for unassigned. Should fix the problem. 

Hi, when the plugin will be updated to use the data from emhttp?

• 2 weeks later...

Howdy All,

Where do i start i have a super micro currently using IPMI  i had the fan speed control working then out of no were once i booted up the server the options have dissapeared and i can't control the fans and it's not showing my cpu temps, if anyone could assist would be great, Only sensor showing is HDD Temp2080822559_2020-08-1919_33_29-Tower_Dashboard.thumb.png.2bd6fd9320361420e6f7e3635f51be8a.png

2020-08-19 19_34_23-Tower_IPMI.png

2020-08-19 19_34_39-Tower_IPMI.png

2020-08-19 19_34_49-Tower_IPMI.png

2020-08-19 19_35_19-Tower_IPMI.png

Should be fixed now. Only none array or non ud disks are polled with smartctl
  • Thanks 1