[Plugin] IPMI for unRAID 6.1+

I am keen to learn how to configure this plugin. 

Have installed a new AsRock Rack X570D4U w/ IPMI and connected several FANs. 

When I try to configure the plugin I receive following: 

Checking IPMI fan Locations...

Location 0-1: none
Location 0-2: none
Location 0-3: none
Location 0-4: none
Location 0-5: none
Location 0-6: none
Location 0-7: none
Location 0-8: none

Saving board configuration...

Any advise where I can start to trouble shoot? If helpful I can test & share certain configs to help to improve the plugin.

Edited by doesntaffect
  • Like 2
On 12/20/2020 at 2:39 PM, doesntaffect said:

I am keen to learn how to configure this plugin. 

Have installed a new AsRock Rack X570D4U w/ IPMI and connected several FANs. 

When I try to configure the plugin I receive following: 

Checking IPMI fan Locations...

Location 0-1: none
Location 0-2: none
Location 0-3: none
Location 0-4: none
Location 0-5: none
Location 0-6: none
Location 0-7: none
Location 0-8: none

Saving board configuration...

Any advise where I can start to trouble shoot? If helpful I can test & share certain configs to help to improve the plugin.

I'm right there with you with the X570D4U-2L2T. At least we can create fan curves inside the BMC. As for the IPMI plugin, I can kind of follow what @cakes044 did but I can't even get a config file to show up. 

189458711_ScreenShot2020-12-23at11_07_47PM.thumb.png.ed743a07153bc399e71808b6605aa5ed.png

After clicking OK and then hitting CONFIGURE, I get this:

1420703824_ScreenShot2020-12-23at11_08_05PM.thumb.png.5f1d710c70b31c430d3fdec78959e420.png

With these two motherboards becoming more popular, hopefully it'll get some special attention.

Edited by ramblinreck47
On 12/24/2020 at 6:10 AM, ramblinreck47 said:

I'm right there with you with the X570D4U-2L2T. At least we can create fan curves inside the BMC. As for the IPMI plugin, I can kind of follow what @cakes044 did but I can't even get a config file to show up. 

189458711_ScreenShot2020-12-23at11_07_47PM.thumb.png.ed743a07153bc399e71808b6605aa5ed.png

After clicking OK and then hitting CONFIGURE, I get this:

1420703824_ScreenShot2020-12-23at11_08_05PM.thumb.png.5f1d710c70b31c430d3fdec78959e420.png

With these two motherboards becoming more popular, hopefully it'll get some special attention.

That would definitely be nice, I have also tried to get it to work, but so far unsuccessfully.

Is there any way to separate SSD HDD temp readings from spinning disks? Because it seems 50C is hard-coded as a red-alert temperature on the footer and the dashboard page even though this is fine for SSDs.

At idle, my HDDs sit at about 47C and my SSD at about 55C. However, the only information I see on the dashboard and in the footer is the max temp (55C) which I'm not bothered about. I never get to see whether my max HDD temp has crept into the 50s.

8 hours ago, cinereus said:

Is there any way to separate SSD HDD temp readings from spinning disks? Because it seems 50C is hard-coded as a red-alert temperature on the footer and the dashboard page even though this is fine for SSDs.

At idle, my HDDs sit at about 47C and my SSD at about 55C. However, the only information I see on the dashboard and in the footer is the max temp (55C) which I'm not bothered about. I never get to see whether my max HDD temp has crept into the 50s.

image.png.9ffa99fe4987416d6045537a22ed29c5.png

you should be able to de-select the ssd's from the list here.

@doesntaffect @limes @ramblinreck47 the two files I needed to modify to get my asrock rack board to work are:
/usr/sbin/ipmifan
/usr/sbin/ipmi2json

My board is the EP2C612 WS, but I was getting the same issues you were getting as well, so my change may work for your model.

if you run

dmidecode -qt2|awk -F: '/^\tProduct Name:/ {print $2}'

that should give the motherboard model that dmi sees, you can then modify the script to key off of that model name like I did for "EP2C612 WS"

see the files I uploaded in this comment:

Just try replacing the text "EP2C612 WS" in those files with your motherboard model as outputted by that dmidecode command

If that doesn't work, make sure you are able to control your fans via IPMI commands outside of the plugin, ipmi-tool should be on the path on your unraid installation.  Then you can figure out how to make your motherboard work in those 2 files.

ipmifan is what actually controls the fan speed during production

ipmi2json is what the configure buttons runs to build up json files stored in.

This is the details for the ipmi command for my motherboard model, they may work for you:

Edited by Gunny
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry if this has been explained elsewhere and if it has I would appreciate a link.  My config is in my signature but its a SuperMicro X11SCZ-F motherboard with four Noctua NF-P14s redux-1500 PWM fans connected to FAN1 and FAN4.  I have these fans set to poll the hard drives for temperatures.  The trouble is that they are running too fast most of the time and not as fast as I'd like them to during a parity sync.

I just switched to "Fan to PUE2 (Power Utilization Effectiveness) Speed" but it seems identical to "Fan to Optimal Speed." 

With my high temperature threshold set to 50 degrees the fans usually run at around 1100 RPM with hard drive temperatures around 34 degrees (normal temps in my system).  I'd like to try and get this down to around 900 RPM as the fans are much quieter here and the fans spinning at 1100 RPM isn't really lowering the temperatures anyway.  What I would like is for the fan speeds to exponentially increase with respect to temperature such that at 45 degrees the fans run at their full 1500 RPM.  The trouble with the top end is that I have never seen the fans go above 1300 RPM even when the hard drives are above 45 degrees (and even if they actually hit 50 degrees) which can happen during parity syncs in Summer.

I can get the fans to run slower by raising the high temperature threshold, but then of course they don't run fast enough when the hard drives get hot.  Is there any way to have my cake and eat it too?

Thanks for any help,

craigr

1 minute ago, craigr said:

Sorry if this has been explained elsewhere and if it has I would appreciate a link.  My config is in my signature but its a SuperMicro X11SCZ-F motherboard with four Noctua NF-P14s redux-1500 PWM fans connected to FAN1 and FAN4.  I have these fans set to poll the hard drives for temperatures.  The trouble is that they are running too fast most of the time and not as fast as I'd like them to during a parity sync.

I just switched to "Fan to PUE2 (Power Utilization Effectiveness) Speed" but it seems identical to "Fan to Optimal Speed." 

With my high temperature threshold set to 50 degrees the fans usually run at around 1100 RPM with hard drive temperatures around 34 degrees (normal temps in my system).  I'd like to try and get this down to around 900 RPM as the fans are much quieter here and the fans spinning at 1100 RPM isn't really lowering the temperatures anyway.  What I would like is for the fan speeds to exponentially increase with respect to temperature such that at 45 degrees the fans run at their full 1500 RPM.  The trouble with the top end is that I have never seen the fans go above 1300 RPM even when the hard drives are above 45 degrees (and even if they actually hit 50 degrees) which can happen during parity syncs in Summer.

I can get the fans to run slower by raising the high temperature threshold, but then of course they don't run fast enough when the hard drives get hot.  Is there any way to have my cake and eat it too?

Thanks for any help,

craigr

Try reducing fan speed minimum and or increasing low temperature threshold.

• Thanks 1

So that does it and I was able to reduce my high temperature threshold down to 45 degrees where I want it.  Will this make the fans run at 100% when the hard drives hit 45 degrees?

What exactly is low temperature threshold?  It seems counterintuitive to me that raising it will reduce fan speed, but it did.

Thanks,

craigr

20 hours ago, craigr said:

So that does it and I was able to reduce my high temperature threshold down to 45 degrees where I want it.  Will this make the fans run at 100% when the hard drives hit 45 degrees?

What exactly is low temperature threshold?  It seems counterintuitive to me that raising it will reduce fan speed, but it did.

Thanks,

craigr

So there are 4 settings, max fan speed, min fan speed, high temp threshold, low temp threshold.  If the temp drops below the low temp threshold, the fan will always be the min fan speed setting.  If the temp goes above the high temp threshold then the fan will be stuck at the max fan speed setting.  In between is basically a straight line if you were to plot temp on the x axis of a graph and fan speed on the y axis of the graph.

So if your min temp is 30 and max temp is 50, if the temp is actually 40, then the fan speed should be halfway between your max and min speeds in terms of pwm percentage.

So to finally answer your question, if your max temp is set to 45, and your max fan speed is 100%, then at 45 and any temp above, the fan will be at 100%.

15 hours ago, Gunny said:

So there are 4 settings, max fan speed, min fan speed, high temp threshold, low temp threshold.  If the temp drops below the low temp threshold, the fan will always be the min fan speed setting.  If the temp goes above the high temp threshold then the fan will be stuck at the max fan speed setting.  In between is basically a straight line if you were to plot temp on the x axis of a graph and fan speed on the y axis of the graph.

So if your min temp is 30 and max temp is 50, if the temp is actually 40, then the fan speed should be halfway between your max and min speeds in terms of pwm percentage.

So to finally answer your question, if your max temp is set to 45, and your max fan speed is 100%, then at 45 and any temp above, the fan will be at 100%.

Well that sure makes it easy.  Thanks!

Last night I rebooted the server though and the fans refused to go below their max speeds.  It sounded like I was sitting next to a jet airplane about to take off.  I tried so many setting and the fans would just sometimes slow down for an instant.  Finally had to reboot the BMC and then it was fine.  The settings in the BMC for fan mode keep changing themselves though and I don't understand how that can happen.  My choices are:

Set Fan to Standard Speed

Set Fan to Full Speed

Set Fan to Optimal Speed

Set Fan to PUE2 (Power Utilization Effectiveness) Speed

Set Fan to HeavyIO Speed

It used to be set on "optimized" but ever since I tried PUE2 now it seems to randomly be changing its self.  I tried setting back to optimized, but it still keeps changing its self and has now chosen full speed.  Fan Speed seems to override this regardless so maybe it doesn't matter?

I had my config modified for Fan Control to what seemed like good settings, but reverted it last night.  I may try putting that back in again so that the percentages aligh with what my fans can actually do.

Kind regards,

craigr

anyone know how to get this working on a Dell PowerEdge R710? i want to move over to UnRaid from Proxmox but fan control is a bit of a deal breaker for me as the server is currently in my room :D

all i want is it to automatically adjust the fans for me so it's quieter.

Edited by RazorX
19 hours ago, RazorX said:

anyone know how to get this working on a Dell PowerEdge R710? i want to move over to UnRaid from Proxmox but fan control is a bit of a deal breaker for me as the server is currently in my room :D

all i want is it to automatically adjust the fans for me so it's quieter.

Looks like you would need to update the scripts to support the Dell IPMI command setup,
https://github.com/NoLooseEnds/Scripts/tree/master/R710-IPMI-TEMP

11 hours ago, Gunny said:

Looks like you would need to update the scripts to support the Dell IPMI command setup,
https://github.com/NoLooseEnds/Scripts/tree/master/R710-IPMI-TEMP

where would i put those for this and currently it says i doesn't have ipmitool installed and i don't know how to install it, i'm very new too UnRaid.

nevermind i've figured out a way to do it thank you.

Edited by RazorX
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/30/2020 at 9:22 PM, Gunny said:

@doesntaffect @limes @ramblinreck47 the two files I needed to modify to get my asrock rack board to work are:
/usr/sbin/ipmifan
/usr/sbin/ipmi2json

My board is the EP2C612 WS, but I was getting the same issues you were getting as well, so my change may work for your model.

if you run

that should give the motherboard model that dmi sees, you can then modify the script to key off of that model name like I did for "EP2C612 WS"

see the files I uploaded in this comment:

Just try replacing the text "EP2C612 WS" in those files with your motherboard model as outputted by that dmidecode command

If that doesn't work, make sure you are able to control your fans via IPMI commands outside of the plugin, ipmi-tool should be on the path on your unraid installation.  Then you can figure out how to make your motherboard work in those 2 files.

ipmifan is what actually controls the fan speed during production

ipmi2json is what the configure buttons runs to build up json files stored in.

This is the details for the ipmi command for my motherboard model, they may work for you:

Thank you for trying to help!

I ran the dmidecode command and got the following result:

X570D4U-2L2T

So far so good, but I have never used ipmitool beforer and cannot for the life of me get a valid result:

ipmitool raw 0x3a 0x01 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x20 0x00 0x00 0x00
Unable to send RAW command (channel=0x0 netfn=0x3a lun=0x0 cmd=0x1 rsp=0xc1): Invalid command

When running ipmitool and checking the sensors I get the following result:

ipmitool sensor
12V              | 12.100     | Volts      | ok    | 10.200    | 10.800    | na        | na        | 13.200    | 13.800    
5V               | 5.010      | Volts      | ok    | 4.260     | 4.500     | na        | na        | 5.490     | 5.730     
5VSB             | 5.010      | Volts      | ok    | 4.260     | 4.500     | na        | na        | 5.490     | 5.730     
3V               | 3.320      | Volts      | ok    | 2.800     | 2.980     | na        | na        | 3.620     | 3.780     
3VSB             | 3.300      | Volts      | ok    | 2.880     | 3.040     | na        | na        | 3.700     | 3.880     
BAT              | 3.120      | Volts      | ok    | 2.000     | 2.700     | na        | na        | 3.400     | 3.560     
VCCM             | 1.210      | Volts      | ok    | 1.020     | 1.080     | na        | na        | 1.320     | 1.380     
APU_VDDP         | 0.910      | Volts      | ok    | 0.770     | 0.810     | na        | na        | 1.160     | 1.210     
PM_VDDCR_S5      | 1.010      | Volts      | ok    | 0.800     | 0.890     | na        | na        | 1.160     | 1.210     
PM_VDD_CLDO      | 1.190      | Volts      | ok    | 1.020     | 1.080     | na        | na        | 1.320     | 1.380     
VSOC             | 1.090      | Volts      | ok    | 0.340     | 0.360     | na        | na        | 1.540     | 1.610     
VCPU             | 0.950      | Volts      | ok    | na        | na        | na        | na        | 1.650     | 1.730     
PM_VDDCR         | 1.000      | Volts      | ok    | 0.800     | 0.890     | na        | na        | 1.160     | 1.210     
CPU Temp         | 45.000     | degrees C  | ok    | na        | na        | na        | 94.000    | 95.000    | na        
MB Temp          | 40.000     | degrees C  | ok    | na        | na        | na        | 55.000    | na        | na        
X570 Temp        | 48.000     | degrees C  | ok    | na        | na        | na        | 94.000    | na        | na        
Onboard LAN Temp | 39.000     | degrees C  | ok    | na        | na        | na        | 70.000    | na        | na        
Card Side Temp   | 39.000     | degrees C  | ok    | na        | na        | na        | 68.000    | na        | na        
TR1              | na         | degrees C  | na    | na        | na        | na        | 55.000    | na        | na        
DDR4_A1_Temp     | 34.000     | degrees C  | ok    | na        | na        | na        | 84.000    | 85.000    | na        
DDR4_A2_Temp     | na         | degrees C  | na    | na        | na        | na        | 84.000    | 85.000    | na        
DDR4_B1_Temp     | 35.000     | degrees C  | ok    | na        | na        | na        | 84.000    | 85.000    | na        
DDR4_B2_Temp     | na         | degrees C  | na    | na        | na        | na        | 84.000    | 85.000    | na        
PSU1 Temp        | na         | degrees C  | na    | na        | na        | na        | na        | na        | na        
PSU2 Temp        | na         | degrees C  | na    | na        | na        | na        | na        | na        | na        
FAN1             | 1000.000   | RPM        | ok    | na        | na        | 100.000   | na        | na        | na        
FAN2             | na         | RPM        | na    | na        | na        | 100.000   | na        | na        | na        
FAN3             | 600.000    | RPM        | ok    | na        | na        | 100.000   | na        | na        | na        
FAN4_1           | na         | RPM        | na    | na        | na        | 100.000   | na        | na        | na        
FAN4_2           | na         | RPM        | na    | na        | na        | 100.000   | na        | na        | na        
FAN5_1           | 700.000    | RPM        | ok    | na        | na        | 100.000   | na        | na        | na        
FAN5_2           | na         | RPM        | na    | na        | na        | 100.000   | na        | na        | na        
FAN6_1           | 2600.000   | RPM        | ok    | na        | na        | 100.000   | na        | na        | na        
FAN6_2           | na         | RPM        | na    | na        | na        | 100.000   | na        | na        | na        
PSU1 AC lost     | na         | discrete   | na    | na        | na        | na        | na        | na        | na        
PSU2 AC lost     | na         | discrete   | na    | na        | na        | na        | na        | na        | na        
PSU1 Status      | 0x0        | discrete   | 0x0080| na        | na        | na        | na        | na        | na        
PSU2 Status      | 0x0        | discrete   | 0x0080| na        | na        | na        | na        | na        | na        
PSU1 IOUT        | na         | Amps       | na    | na        | na        | na        | na        | na        | na        
PSU2 IOUT        | na         | Amps       | na    | na        | na        | na        | na        | na        | na        
PSU1 PIN         | na         | Watts      | na    | na        | na        | na        | na        | na        | na        
PSU2 PIN         | na         | Watts      | na    | na        | na        | na        | na        | na        | na        
PSU1 POUT        | na         | Watts      | na    | na        | na        | na        | na        | na        | na        
PSU2 POUT        | na         | Watts      | na    | na        | na        | na        | na        | na        | na        
PSU1 VIN         | na         | Volts      | na    | na        | na        | na        | na        | na        | na        
PSU2 VIN         | na         | Volts      | na    | na        | na        | na        | na        | na        | na        
ChassisIntr      | 0x0        | discrete   | 0x0080| na        | na        | na        | na        | na        | na        
CPU_THERMTRIP    | 0x0        | discrete   | 0x0080| na        | na        | na        | na        | na        | na        
CPU_PROCHOT      | 0x0        | discrete   | 0x0080| na        | na        | na        | na        | na        | na  

4 minutes ago, limes said:

So far so good, but I have never used ipmitool beforer and cannot for the life of me get a valid result:

Have you tried some of the commands that @cakes044 found?

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/38108-plugin-ipmi-for-unraid-61/?do=findComment&comment=903172

11 minutes ago, ramblinreck47 said:

I had not, but these are the results of the commands:

root@Tower:~# ipmi-raw 00 3a d8 01 01 01 01 01 01 01 01 01 01 01 01 01 01 01 01 2

rcvd: D8 C7 
root@Tower:~# ipmi-raw 00 3a d6 64 14 14 14 14 14 14 14 14 14 14 14 14 14 14 14
rcvd: D6 00 
root@Tower:~# ipmi-raw 00 3a d7
rcvd: D7 00 64 14 14 14 14 14 14 14 14 14 14 14 14 14 14 14 
root@Tower~# ipmi-raw 00 3a dc
rcvd: DC 00 
root@Tower:~# ipmi-raw 00 3a d7
rcvd: D7 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 

From what I can tell it works, but I have no Idea how I can use these results and the files uploaded by Gunny to make the IPMI plugin work. AFAIK the commands also reset my fans in the end, which is good, that way I don't end up cooking my drives.

Can someone give me a really dumbed down run through or link me to a post where it has a guide on this? 

I need to lower the threshold for the fans as they keep ramping up and down.

I have a Supermicro X10SRI-F motherboard.

I installed this pkg via community apps, and then in terminal ran ipmitool raw 0x30 0x45 0x00

But it doesnt understand. Guess I need to install ipmitool first? 

Can someone give me a run through of install ipmi and then run x command and then run y command?

I'd like to run lower the warning threshold for ALL fans if possible?

Edited by SavellM
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, i have a little problem with the plugin, any help appreciated.

I have noctua fans in the ports FAN1-4 and FANB

In the plugin settings in Unraid i can only configure FAN1234 (one config for all of them) but FANB does not show up there....

I have a Supermicro X11SCH-LN4F (same as X11SCH-F only with more LAN ports).

Would be great if i can find a solution to configure FANB and in the best case it would be great to control FANS 1-4 individually.... 

any help appreciated!

4 hours ago, Saeros said:

Hi, i have a little problem with the plugin, any help appreciated.

I have noctua fans in the ports FAN1-4 and FANB

In the plugin settings in Unraid i can only configure FAN1234 (one config for all of them) but FANB does not show up there....

I have a Supermicro X11SCH-LN4F (same as X11SCH-F only with more LAN ports).

Would be great if i can find a solution to configure FANB and in the best case it would be great to control FANS 1-4 individually.... 

any help appreciated!

So now i put my Fan which was in FAN B into FAN A and now it works. 

Can i control FAN A and FAN B independently? FAN 1-4 are one group, is it the same with A/B?

24 minutes ago, Saeros said:

So now i put my Fan which was in FAN B into FAN A and now it works. 

Can i control FAN A and FAN B independently? FAN 1-4 are one group, is it the same with A/B?

I may be wrong since it’s been a while since I setup my fans but at that time there was only Fan A and Fan 1-4.

Hello! I installed the plugin on my server, but it seems like it cannot retrieve the system temps of most sensors, only a few ambient and other that I do not care about. I have a Poweredge R510, no iDRAC enterprise, but I'm putting money aside for getting the module. I wanted to use

ipmitools

but I cannot figure out how to install the contents of the .txz file into unraid. Any help would be much useful, I have an intermediate experience with linux, but I'm new to server stuff and still figuring out how to do most things.

By the way, this is the output i get with ipmisensors, most of the entries are empty or not available :(

root@Gallu:~# ipmisensors
ID  | Name             | Type                     | Reading    | Units | Event
1   | Temp             | Temperature              | N/A        | C     | N/A
2   | Temp             | Temperature              | N/A        | C     | N/A
3   | Temp             | Temperature              | N/A        | C     | N/A
4   | Temp             | Temperature              | N/A        | C     | N/A
5   | Ambient Temp     | Temperature              | 23.00      | C     | 'OK'
6   | Planar Temp      | Temperature              | N/A        | C     | N/A
7   | CMOS Battery     | Battery                  | N/A        | N/A   | 'OK'
8   | VCORE PG         | Voltage                  | N/A        | N/A   | 'State Deasserted'
9   | VCORE PG         | Voltage                  | N/A        | N/A   | 'State Deasserted'
10  | 0.75 VTT PG      | Voltage                  | N/A        | N/A   | 'State Deasserted'
11  | 0.75 VTT PG      | Voltage                  | N/A        | N/A   | 'State Deasserted'
12  | CPU VTT PG       | Voltage                  | N/A        | N/A   | 'State Deasserted'
13  | 1.5V PG          | Voltage                  | N/A        | N/A   | 'State Deasserted'
14  | 1.8V PG          | Voltage                  | N/A        | N/A   | 'State Deasserted'
15  | 5V PG            | Voltage                  | N/A        | N/A   | 'State Deasserted'
16  | MEM CPU2 FAIL    | Voltage                  | N/A        | N/A   | 'State Deasserted'
17  | 5V Riser PG      | Voltage                  | N/A        | N/A   | 'State Deasserted'
18  | MEM CPU1 FAIL    | Voltage                  | N/A        | N/A   | 'State Deasserted'
19  | VTT CPU2 FAIL    | Voltage                  | N/A        | N/A   | 'State Deasserted'
20  | VTT CPU1 FAIL    | Voltage                  | N/A        | N/A   | 'State Deasserted'
21  | 0.9V PG          | Voltage                  | N/A        | N/A   | 'State Deasserted'
22  | CPU2 1.8 PLL PG  | Voltage                  | N/A        | N/A   | 'State Deasserted'
23  | CPU1 1.8 PLL PG  | Voltage                  | N/A        | N/A   | 'State Deasserted'
24  | 1.1 FAIL         | Voltage                  | N/A        | N/A   | 'State Deasserted'
25  | 1.0 LOM FAIL     | Voltage                  | N/A        | N/A   | 'State Deasserted'
26  | 1.0 AUX FAIL     | Voltage                  | N/A        | N/A   | 'State Deasserted'
27  | Heatsink Pres    | Entity Presence          | N/A        | N/A   | 'Entity Present'
28  | iDRAC6 Ent Pres  | Entity Presence          | N/A        | N/A   | 'Entity Absent'
29  | USB Cable Pres   | Entity Presence          | N/A        | N/A   | 'Entity Present'
30  | Stor Adapt Pres  | Entity Presence          | N/A        | N/A   | N/A
31  | Riser Presence   | Entity Presence          | N/A        | N/A   | 'Entity Present'
32  | FAN MOD 1A RPM   | Fan                      | 3360.00    | RPM   | 'OK'
33  | FAN MOD 1B RPM   | Fan                      | N/A        | RPM   | N/A
34  | FAN MOD 2A RPM   | Fan                      | 3360.00    | RPM   | 'OK'
35  | FAN MOD 2B RPM   | Fan                      | N/A        | RPM   | N/A
36  | FAN MOD 3A RPM   | Fan                      | 3360.00    | RPM   | 'OK'
37  | PFault Fail Safe | Voltage                  | N/A        | N/A   | N/A
38  | FAN MOD 3B RPM   | Fan                      | N/A        | RPM   | N/A
39  | FAN MOD 4A RPM   | Fan                      | 3360.00    | RPM   | 'OK'
40  | Presence         | Entity Presence          | N/A        | N/A   | 'Entity Present'
41  | Presence         | Entity Presence          | N/A        | N/A   | 'Entity Present'
42  | Presence         | Entity Presence          | N/A        | N/A   | 'Entity Absent'
43  | Presence         | Entity Presence          | N/A        | N/A   | 'Entity Present'
44  | Presence         | Entity Presence          | N/A        | N/A   | 'Entity Present'
45  | Status           | Processor                | N/A        | N/A   | 'Processor Presence detected'
46  | Status           | Processor                | N/A        | N/A   | 'Processor Presence detected'
47  | Status           | Power Supply             | N/A        | N/A   | N/A
48  | Current          | Current                  | N/A        | A     | N/A
49  | Current          | Current                  | 0.60       | A     | 'OK'
50  | Voltage          | Voltage                  | N/A        | V     | N/A
51  | Voltage          | Voltage                  | 228.00     | V     | 'OK'
52  | Status           | Power Supply             | N/A        | N/A   | 'Presence detected'
53  | Status           | Cable/Interconnect       | N/A        | N/A   | 'Cable/Interconnect is connected'
54  | OS Watchdog      | Watchdog 2               | N/A        | N/A   | 'OK'
55  | SEL              | Event Logging Disabled   | N/A        | N/A   | N/A
56  | Intrusion        | Physical Security        | N/A        | N/A   | 'OK'
57  | PS Redundancy    | Power Supply             | N/A        | N/A   | N/A
58  | Fan Redundancy   | Fan                      | N/A        | N/A   | 'Fully Redundant'
59  | CPU Temp IF      | Temperature              | N/A        | N/A   | N/A
60  | System Level     | Current                  | 154.00     | W     | 'OK'
61  | Power Optimized  | OEM Reserved             | N/A        | N/A   | 'OEM Event = 0001h'
62  | Drive            | Drive Slot               | N/A        | N/A   | 'Drive Presence'
63  | Drive A          | Drive Slot               | N/A        | N/A   | N/A
64  | Drive B          | Drive Slot               | N/A        | N/A   | N/A
65  | Cable SAS A      | Cable/Interconnect       | N/A        | N/A   | 'Cable/Interconnect is connected'
66  | Cable SAS B      | Cable/Interconnect       | N/A        | N/A   | 'Cable/Interconnect is connected'
76  | ECC Corr Err     | Memory                   | N/A        | N/A   | N/A
77  | ECC Uncorr Err   | Memory                   | N/A        | N/A   | N/A
78  | I/O Channel Chk  | Critical Interrupt       | N/A        | N/A   | N/A
79  | PCI Parity Err   | Critical Interrupt       | N/A        | N/A   | N/A
80  | PCI System Err   | Critical Interrupt       | N/A        | N/A   | N/A
81  | SBE Log Disabled | Event Logging Disabled   | N/A        | N/A   | N/A
82  | Logging Disabled | Event Logging Disabled   | N/A        | N/A   | N/A
83  | Unknown          | System Event             | N/A        | N/A   | N/A
84  | CPU Protocol Err | Processor                | N/A        | N/A   | N/A
85  | CPU Bus PERR     | Processor                | N/A        | N/A   | N/A
86  | CPU Init Err     | Processor                | N/A        | N/A   | N/A
87  | CPU Machine Chk  | Processor                | N/A        | N/A   | N/A
88  | Memory Spared    | Memory                   | N/A        | N/A   | N/A
89  | Memory Mirrored  | Memory                   | N/A        | N/A   | N/A
90  | Memory RAID      | Memory                   | N/A        | N/A   | N/A
91  | Memory Added     | Memory                   | N/A        | N/A   | N/A
92  | Memory Removed   | Memory                   | N/A        | N/A   | N/A
93  | Memory Cfg Err   | Memory                   | N/A        | N/A   | N/A
94  | Mem Redun Gain   | Memory                   | N/A        | N/A   | N/A
95  | PCIE Fatal Err   | Critical Interrupt       | N/A        | N/A   | N/A
96  | Chipset Err      | Critical Interrupt       | N/A        | N/A   | N/A
97  | Err Reg Pointer  | OEM Reserved             | N/A        | N/A   | N/A
98  | Mem ECC Warning  | Memory                   | N/A        | N/A   | N/A
99  | Mem CRC Err      | Memory                   | N/A        | N/A   | N/A
100 | USB Over-current | Memory                   | N/A        | N/A   | N/A
101 | POST Err         | System Firmware Progress | N/A        | N/A   | N/A
102 | Hdwr version err | Version Change           | N/A        | N/A   | N/A
103 | Mem Overtemp     | Memory                   | N/A        | N/A   | N/A
104 | Mem Fatal SB CRC | Memory                   | N/A        | N/A   | N/A
105 | Mem Fatal NB CRC | Memory                   | N/A        | N/A   | N/A
106 | OS Watchdog Time | Watchdog 1               | N/A        | N/A   | N/A
107 | Non Fatal PCI Er | Memory                   | N/A        | N/A   | N/A
108 | Fatal IO Error   | Memory                   | N/A        | N/A   | N/A
109 | MSR Info Log     | Memory                   | N/A        | N/A   | N/A
110 | Temp             | Temperature              | N/A        | C     | N/A
111 | Temp             | Temperature              | N/A        | C     | N/A
112 | Temp             | Temperature              | N/A        | C     | N/A
114 | ROMB Battery     | Battery                  | N/A        | N/A   | N/A
116 | FAN MOD 4B RPM   | Fan                      | N/A        | RPM   | N/A
117 | FAN MOD 5B RPM   | Fan                      | N/A        | RPM   | N/A
118 | FAN MOD 5A RPM   | Fan                      | 3360.00    | RPM   | 'OK'
119 | Ambient Temp     | Temperature              | N/A        | C     | N/A
120 | Ambient Temp     | Temperature              | N/A        | C     | N/A
121 | vFlash           | Module/Board             | N/A        | N/A   | N/A
122 | iDRAC6 Upgrade   | OEM Reserved             | N/A        | N/A   | N/A

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/28/2021 at 1:01 PM, limes said:

sorry about the delay, if you want to modify the live files the IPMI plugin uses, they are stored in /usr/sbin/

The two I had to modify were ipmi2json and ipmifan.  The former is the thing that scans the motherboard to see what fans are plugged in, the latter is the service that runs that actually controls your fans based on temperature.

If you do a diff of the files in your system to the ones I uploaded, you can see my changes and hopefully figure out how to get the commands that work for you into your local files.  The files in /usr/sbin get reset every time you restart so make sure you save the final versions somewhere permanent then move them back on server restart.