[REQUEST] Preclear container

I don't have that tab. Wonder why!

Do you have any unassigned devices?  If not, that's why it doesn't show up.

I have 6...

preclear_progress.PNG

Hmm, that's weird. I have unassigned devices on a stock beta 15 and they all show up under that section for me just fine.

I don't have any unassigned devices, but I do have the plugin, and I have the tab. I use the plugin with USB devices (I used to use SNAP), but it does work with SATA devices too.

In order to see the tabs, in Settings . Display Preferences you have to set Page view: Tabbed.

I am curretnly in the middle of a preclear using the preclear_bjp.sh fast pre-clear script... and on hovering on the drive, I do not see any status.

I don't have any unassigned devices, but I do have the plugin, and I have the tab. I use the plugin with USB devices (I used to use SNAP), but it does work with SATA devices too.

In order to see the tabs, in Settings . Display Preferences you have to set Page view: Tabbed.

I am curretnly in the middle of a preclear using the preclear_bjp.sh fast pre-clear script... and on hovering on the drive, I do not see any status.

I just ran preclear_bjp.sh the other day, and next to the drive (no hovering required) in the unassigned devices tab I saw its progress.

I haven't got anything in my array, at all as I nuked the config with my partition tables got trashed.

Perhaps a weird idiosyncrasy (bug) I've found?  8)

The section (tab) Unassigned Devices will only show once the array is started. At that point unRAID makes a difference between disks in the array and disks outside of the array.

The progress of preclear can then be viewed under the Unassigned Devices section. Since you don't have any devices in the array at all, you need to follow the preclear script itself instead.

The plugin you are referring too, actually replaces the default Unassigned Devices page. I haven't tested if preclear progress is shown in this case, but maybe gfjardim knows ?

I haven't got anything in my array, at all as I nuked the config with my partition tables got trashed.

Perhaps a weird idiosyncrasy (bug) I've found?  8)

The section (tab) Unassigned Devices will only show once the array is started. At that point unRAID makes a difference between disks in the array and disks outside of the array.

The progress of preclear can then be viewed under the Unassigned Devices section. Since you don't have any devices in the array at all, you need to follow the preclear script itself instead.

so then, not a bug. cool, everyone can put down their pitchforks and torches....

I just ran preclear_bjp.sh the other day, and next to the drive (no hovering required) in the unassigned devices tab I saw its progress.

Weird, I am not seeing it... and the USB section is also displaying the wrong size for the drive. I am pre-clearing a 4TB. This ranks very low on my list. I always have a spare pre-cleared hard drive in case of failure. A couple weeks ago I had a failure and the spare saved me.

You don't want to run preclear in docker (or kvm?) that depends on the array running. You may need to stop the array and the long preclear operation may hinder it, or you may need to sacrifice that preclear process and have to restart.

Weird, I am not seeing it... and the USB section is also displaying the wrong size for the drive. I am pre-clearing a 4TB. This ranks very low on my list. I always have a spare pre-cleared hard drive in case of failure. A couple weeks ago I had a failure and the spare saved me.

The preclear progress is shown in the default Unassigned Devices page which comes with the webGUI itself.

The plugin overwrites this standard page (and makes it permanently visible too), but apparently does not support the preclear progress status (haven't tested this, myself).

I do not have the unassigned devices plugin installed.

My answer was more towards hernandito ...

Are you saying, it doesn't work for you with the "standard" Unassigned Devices page ?

My answer was more towards hernandito ...

Are you saying, it doesn't work for you with the "standard" Unassigned Devices page ?

Nope.  I'm saying it does

As you all said, I needed the array to be running in order for this to work.

I cancelled the clearing on one of my older drives that I know is fine and added it to the array and the unassigned drives showed up, including preclear progress. Bit annoying but I suspect probably an edge case problem.

preclear.png

You don't want to run preclear in docker (or kvm?) that depends on the array running. You may need to stop the array and the long preclear operation may hinder it, or you may need to sacrifice that preclear process and have to restart.

Unless the docker container telnets into the unraid terminal, opens up a screen session and runs the preclear in there. . .

Just like in Inception how they go into a dream state within a dream. . .

Whoaa. . . mind blown  :o