added a disk

Running 5R16C.  After adding a new disk the global share is not writing to it.  Allocation is "most free" so that new disk should be the default to be written to.  I have one disk excluded and the included disks is empty so should be all.  I did notice the new disk was formatted as "4k aligned" where all of my other disks are unaligned.  I would be grateful for any assistance.

I'm not sure what you mean by 5R16C. Do you mean unRAID version 5 release candidate 16? You have posted this in version 6 support.

4K aligned is not relevant.

By global share I assume you really mean user share. Global share has to do with which disks should be included or excluded in user shares. You might check that setting to make sure all disks are included.

In addition to allocation method, unRAID considers split level, minimum free space, included / excluded disks when deciding where to write. What do you have for these settings for the user share you are trying to write to?

Sorry I wasn't paying attention like i shoulda been and  didn't notice I was in the 6 forums. 

I didn't think it would, but it was the only difference I could find in the disk.

In global share I have both included and excluded disks as empty, so that should make all available and none excluded.  The specific user share I'm looking at has included disks as blank, so that should be all disks.  Excluded disk is only disk5.  min free is at the default 0 and split level is at the default 1.

Thank you

In global share I have both included and excluded disks as empty, so that should make all available and none excluded.  The specific user share I'm looking at has included disks as blank, so that should be all disks.  Excluded disk is only disk5.  min free is at the default 0 and split level is at the default 1.

I am reasonably sure that the default for Split Level is not 1 as that is very restrictive and almost certainly explains your problem.  I am not sure but I think the default for Split Level is blank (i.e. not set) which means that folders within a share can reside on any disk and files are placed according to Allocation method.

Split level over-rides allocation method when choosing where a new file should be placed and setting to strict a value for Split Level often has the sort of effect that you describe.  With a split level of 1 only the top level folder corresponding to the share name can be replicated across disks.  The moment you create a folder under that share, then all files for that folder (and sub-folders) are constrained to be on the disk where the folder is first created.