[DOCKER] kodi isengard headless

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Isengard headless is also using Myvideos92 and the Kodi log file says that it is running beta 1 which would make sense for beta 1. I just clean installed it yesterday on my server from your repo.  Is there another way to see what version of Kodi I am running other then what Kodi log or is that accurate?

My Isengard headless is also using Myvideos92 and the Kodi log file says that it is running beta 1 which would make sense for beta 1. I just clean installed it yesterday on my server from your repo.  Is there another way to see what version of Kodi I am running other then what Kodi log or is that accurate?

Oh yeah, I missed that bit...  ::)

bumped to beta 2

You sure?  ;D

Tried rebuilding this on my github for s**ts & giggles, as I love to tinker..

Docker build fails now as the patch from Celedhrim no longer can be applied. I assume when Sparkly built the container there have been subsequent commits on the kodi github that have meant the Celedhrim patch which I think enables headless functionality can no longer be applied. But I'm sure Sparkly will come along and tell me I'm wrong.

[91mChecking out files: 100% (10077/10077), done.
[0m
[91mNote: checking out '15.0b2-Isengard'.

You are in 'detached HEAD' state. You can look around, make experimental
changes and commit them, and you can discard any commits you make in this
state without impacting any branches by performing another checkout.

If you want to create a new branch to retain commits you create, you may
do so (now or later) by using -b with the checkout command again. Example:

git checkout -b new_branch_name

[0m
[91mHEAD is now at daedd5f... Merge pull request #7277 from FernetMenta/subs
[0m
[91merror: patch failed: xbmc/Application.h:500
error: xbmc/Application.h: patch does not apply
[0m

All very clever stuff and interesting reading (the bits I understand) But for the moment, probably best for people who are relying on the BETA software to stop on Beta 1 for the time being.

Marks out of 10 Sparkly for interpretation of results??  ;D

Tried rebuilding this on my github for s**ts & giggles, as I love to tinker..

Docker build fails now as the patch from Celedhrim no longer can be applied. I assume when Sparkly built the container there have been subsequent commits on the kodi github that have meant the Celedhrim patch which I think enables headless functionality can no longer be applied. But I'm sure Sparkly will come along and tell me I'm wrong.

[91mChecking out files: 100% (10077/10077), done.
[0m
[91mNote: checking out '15.0b2-Isengard'.

You are in 'detached HEAD' state. You can look around, make experimental
changes and commit them, and you can discard any commits you make in this
state without impacting any branches by performing another checkout.

If you want to create a new branch to retain commits you create, you may
do so (now or later) by using -b with the checkout command again. Example:

git checkout -b new_branch_name

[0m
[91mHEAD is now at daedd5f... Merge pull request #7277 from FernetMenta/subs
[0m
[91merror: patch failed: xbmc/Application.h:500
error: xbmc/Application.h: patch does not apply
[0m

All very clever stuff and interesting reading (the bits I understand) But for the moment, probably best for people who are relying on the BETA software to stop on Beta 1 for the time being.

Marks out of 10 Sparkly for interpretation of results??  ;D

spot on for interpretation , when i got the beta2 , on the day it was released and tagged , they snuck in a fix the day after (i thought tagged builds were final to that tag, oh well) and now the patch doesn't work anymore.....

i'm going to roll back to beta1 anyways because of this db error....

i'm running a test build against master with the patch to see what happens.

Go me!

Yeah I thought once a build was released it was final and subsequent commits went into the next build as well.

also because i built using a script rather than a straight docker file for this, the fail on the patch was ignored and it carried on building....

another reason i don't particularly like the scripting method of making dockers, i'll only do it that way if i have to from now on.

Go me!

Yeah I thought once a build was released it was final and subsequent commits went into the next build as well.

also because i built using a script rather than a straight docker file for this, the fail on the patch was ignored and it carried on building....

another reason i don't particularly like the scripting method of making dockers, i'll only do it that way if i have to from now on.

Ahh, now it makes perfect sense, hadn't quite got my head around why you hadn't got an error on build either..

not here to poo poo on anything, just general questioning.  I used to run the headless kodi with DB and it was good.  Worked perfect and as expected, so from that aspect I was all in.  However, since then I made the switch to Emby.  My only justification is that I can better manage the metadata.

In kodi headless, the data required a little more massaging, the nfo, etc, in emby it is all gui driven and a little easier in my opinion.  It is still a central DB and kodi pulls the db local, so I look at it as very similar to headless with mysql.  Unlike plex where it is a entire bolt on...

Emby has developed quickly in the last several weeks/ 2 months, so I was curious why how headless could be better.  I am not running it, but I believe it is fully compatible with beta 2 too, but I cannot verify this claim.  It seems to remove the complexity of the headless kodi install is how I see it.  I call it a best of both worlds.

not here to poo poo on anything, just general questioning.  I used to run the headless kodi with DB and it was good.  Worked perfect and as expected, so from that aspect I was all in.  However, since then I made the switch to Emby.  My only justification is that I can better manage the metadata.

In kodi headless, the data required a little more massaging, the nfo, etc, in emby it is all gui driven and a little easier in my opinion.  It is still a central DB and kodi pulls the db local, so I look at it as very similar to headless with mysql.  Unlike plex where it is a entire bolt on...

Emby has developed quickly in the last several weeks/ 2 months, so I was curious why how headless could be better.  I am not running it, but I believe it is fully compatible with beta 2 too, but I cannot verify this claim.  It seems to remove the complexity of the headless kodi install is how I see it.  I call it a best of both worlds.

I've tried the Emby addon myself but have switched back to MySQL for now, I don't think it's quite ready myself, got some glitches in the display and it certainly didn't pass the WAF test, which is an absolute prerequisite for me.

Really? I would be curious what didn't work.  To me it functions the exact same as kodi or kodi with mysql... No added gui like plex does,  so the in kodi experience should be the same.

But,  who knows,  maybe I'm not doing things the same,  but still I like opinions and examples so I know of what to look for.

I got an intermittant weird high frequency flickering some boots but not others, that was the main issue.

There was only one other skin than Confluence available.

Perhaps I was downloading it from the wrong repo and I'm happy to try again.  Which repo did you use?

I got an intermittant weird high frequency flickering some boots but not others, that was the main issue.

Perhaps I was downloading it from the wrong repo and I'm happy to try again.  Which repo did you use?

From the sound of it, you were using emby before it got good and I did the opposite, getting in when it got good, like beta 0.0.3

If I understand, the old version was MB Server and it required its own app, had very specific skins, etc.

Now, think kodi as kodi.  Think aeon nox, amber, etc skins.  Now, think plex type web interface where you can manage the metadata, media library, etc.  A bunch more, but I'll spare you.  Now, think about kodi with the mysql DB, add config file, media is there.  With emby, you install the plugin and it syncs the db to the local kodi db.  From there everything is kodi as kodi.

I look at the old MB Server like plexbmc, a complete bolt on app that takes you away from the real kodi experience.  With Emby, at least to me, it is exactly the same (super close) to kodi with headless, but with a web interface to manage stuff.  If anything,  it is actually a little easier as headless takes some messing to make work while emby is a released docker container out of the box, no extra messing.

They have stable and beta releases, depending where you want to be.  On the beta side, my experience has been that any issue is often fixed quite quickly.  I have been quite satisfied with it thus far.  Give it a go.

From the sound of it, you were using emby before it got good and I did the opposite, getting in when it got good, like beta 0.0.3

If I understand, the old version was MB Server and it required its own app, had very specific skins, etc.

Now, think kodi as kodi.  Think aeon nox, amber, etc skins.  Now, think plex type web interface where you can manage the metadata, media library, etc.  A bunch more, but I'll spare you.  Now, think about kodi with the mysql DB, add config file, media is there.  With emby, you install the plugin and it syncs the db to the local kodi db.  From there everything is kodi as kodi.

I look at the old MB Server like plexbmc, a complete bolt on app that takes you away from the real kodi experience.  With Emby, at least to me, it is exactly the same (super close) to kodi with headless, but with a web interface to manage stuff.  If anything,  it is actually a little easier as headless takes some messing to make work while emby is a released docker container out of the box, no extra messing.

They have stable and beta releases, depending where you want to be.  On the beta side, my experience has been that any issue is often fixed quite quickly.  I have been quite satisfied with it thus far.  Give it a go.

I get the concept and I too have been very disappointed by plexbmc, although I know Sparkly loves Plex  ;D

Do you have the links to the Emby plugins handy?

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/21888-emby-for-kodi-10-liv/

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/19739-emby-for-kodi-beta/

If they are working, those should be the add-on repos you need.  Youll also need to install the emby server and hurricane has it in his repo for unraid.  Let me know if you need anything else.

No worries.  Like I said, I think I got in when you got out.  If it was the old way, I never would have stuck around either.

For all those who are interested in centralised databases containing their libraries with Isengard (and perhaps openelec as this is the distro I use to run Isengard).

In order for your client to connect to the database you MUST select the "Wait for Network" variable in OpenElec Settings (to something like 10s or similar) OR if you are using another distro that doesn't have those settings get them into your kodi.conf.

I just spent hours debugging this sucker! I have been using Openelec for yeeeeeears with Mysql and Kodi/XBMC even longer and never had this issue!

Save yourself time!

Sorry for the short post - but felt like sharing / venting straight away! If anyone wants more details let me know!

grrrr!!!

For all those who are interested in centralised databases containing their libraries with Isengard (and perhaps openelec as this is the distort I use to run Isengard).

In order for your client to connect to the database you MUST select the "Wait for Network" variable in OpenElec Settings (to something like 10s or similar) OR if you are using another distro that doesn't have those settings get them into your kodi.conf.

I just spent hours debugging this sucker! I have been using Openelec for yeeeeeears with Mysql and Kodi/XBMC even longer and never had this issue!

Save yourself time!

Sorry for the short post - but felt like sharing / venting straight away! If anyone wants more details let me know!

grrrr!!!

Should have asked me, I knew that  ;D

For all those who are interested in centralised databases containing their libraries with Isengard (and perhaps openelec as this is the distort I use to run Isengard).

Save yourself time!

grrrr!!!

For that comment right there - I am pouring myself a scotch!! ;)

Save yourself time!

grrrr!!!

For that comment right there - I am pouring myself a scotch!! ;)

kicking him in the manfruit / pouring a scotch, we all have our different ways of coping....