Moving Drives to different Sata Port/Cards?.?.

Hello,

Does Unraid 6.0b15 allow you to move disks (including parity) to different Sata ports on the motherboard or a PCIe card?  If I move say the parity disk from sata 6port on the motherboard to Sata1 port on a PCIe card while powered down, when I reboot the array will it come back online to Normal Status? Will any configuration have to be changed in the WebGui? 

Thanks,

Great to know! New to Unraid installed 6.0b15 last week. Filled up 3 4TB drives Copied data from a Synology. Was waiting to assign my parity drive as I'm planning on running the party drive on SD-PEX50055, but I wont have it till next week. All go ahead and assign the parity drive now attached to the motherboard sataII and let the parity sink. Then next week when I install the Syba Card I'll move the parity drive over to the sataIII ports on the add-on card. 

Great to know! New to Unraid installed 6.0b15 last week. Filled up 3 4TB drives Copied data from a Synology. Was waiting to assign my party drive as I'm planning on running the party drive on SD-PEX50055, but I wont have it till next week. All go ahead and assign the party drive now attached to the motherboard sataII and let the party sink. Then next week when I install the Syba Card I'll move the party drive over to the sataIII ports on the add-on card.

You can even switch data disk positions (if you care about where files are on each disk) and parity won't have to be rebuild.

Ps: i think it would be more fun to have party drives instead ;)

• 1 year later...