GIGABYTE GA-MA74GM-S2 - Level 1 Tested

I built an unRAID server for my son using the the above motherboard & the following parts:

* OCZ DDR2 PC2-6400 Fatal1ty Edition Dual Channel 2x2G (he already bought these, I would recommend a lesser performing model)

* AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200 Brisbane 2.7GHz 2 x 512KB L2 Cache Socket AM2 65W Dual-Core Processor

* Corsair TX650 Power Supply

* 6 Seagate ST31500341AS 1.5 TB SATA Barracuda 7200.11 Internal Hard Drives

* Ultra M923 ATX Black Full Tower Case (he already bought this; not a bad case) http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3319620&Sku=ULT40125

* unRAID Server Pro 4.5b6

He orginally bought an XFX MDA72P7509 AM2+/AM2 NVIDIA nForce 750a SLI HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard which would boot unRAID but unRAID could not see the drives though the bios did. The motherboard was not installed correctly as I discovered when I replace the XFX with the Gigabyte (no standoffs) which may have caused the problem (thus the reason I built the unRAID server for him). I have not taken the time to see if the XFX motherboard will work if installed correctly (I don't have enough spare parts lying around yet) but I would not rule it out yet.