Opinions/Input Appreciated - Music Streaming Docker

bungee91

I am wanting to be able to stream my local music to phones, etc... outside of my LAN.

I had tried LogitechMediaServer however it never quite worked right, or the clients for Android were few and far between, and/or I am an idiot and wasn't happy with it (one or a combination of those).

Now I see there are a couple of options in the docker repo such as Madsonic, CherryMusic, etc...

I am hoping to get some user input and experience with what we have available for Unraid, and general advice.

I would primarily want to stream music on Android so hopefully there is a good app to connect, a web based front end outside of the LAN would be cool to have also.

I don't know if it is necessarily the best option, but you could use Plex for this. Their focus is on TV and movies but music definitely works and they are pretty active with adding new features. They also have relatively easy instructions for streaming outside of your LAN with port forwarding. I have my library of FLAC files in Plex with album art and everything and I can stream from the road if I want to. Plex also has a web interface/app for accessing your media from a computer. The only negative is that the Android app is $5.

Thanks for the feedback, I have the Plex Android app available as Amazon has made it free a couple of times.

I think Plex has more going on then preferred, however a LOT of people use it for accessing video from a far, so I assume the music side of it should be pretty good.

I'll have to check it out, and will plan to setup a docker or two to see how others compare.