unRAID Server Release 6.0-rc3-x86_64 Available

Download

Clicking 'Check for Updates' on the Plugins page is the preferred way to upgrade.

Major highlights of this release:

* We're finally at -rc baby!

* New licensing.  Please refer to this post for more information.

* VM Manager: with special thanks to eschultz and jonp this component is quickly becoming the premiere tool for VM management on any platform.

* We're finally at -rc

* Xen: has been dropped.  Please migrate your Xen VM's to KVM.

* More kernel changes: update to 4.x linux kernel and changed the tick frequency from 100Hz to 1000Hz.  This appears to smooth out video playback and reduce RCU Timeout errors further.  Please report your experiences in these areas.

Again, I want to extend a special Thanks to bonienl for his continued improvements to dynamix.

Keep an eye on this post for further information.

Did I mention we're now at -rc?

Post-release notes:

[fixed in -rc2]

An issue has been reported where, with some configurations, after booting -rc1 the number of array slots is set to 5 and number of cache slots is set to 1, and this is different from what you had before (which was 24 and 1).  The workaround is to set the number of slots manually on the Main page and then everything will be ok.

The problem is that "default" values for number of array and cache slots was 24 and 1.  These valued are stored in a config file but only if you modify them off their default values.  In -rc1 we changed the defaults to 5 and 1 in order to improve the appearance of the Main page for those starting out with Trial.

[apcupsd note for -rc3]

Upon booting -rc3, apcupsd will be "Off".  If using apcupsd, please turn back "On" and Apply Settings.  This is due to change in where settings file is stored.

Changes
=======

Version 6.0-rc3
---------------
- emhttp: fix Maintenance-mode array Start
- emhttp: properly output 'progress' strings echo'ed by emhttp_event scripts
- emhttp: let Pro start regardless of attached device count
- linux: update to 4.0.4 (btrfs fix from 4.0.3, spinlock fix from 4.0.4, btrfs balance patch)
- webGui: VM Manager bug fixes
- webGui: integrated improvements to apcupsd component

Version 6.0-rc2
---------------
- emhttp: restore default number of array slots to 24 (from 5 introduced in -rc1)
- slack: add package: patch version 2.7.4
- webGui: expunge all Xen "hooks"
- webGui: VM Manager bug fixes (refer to commit history on github)

Version 6.0-rc1
---------------
- docker: update to 1.6.2
- webGui: support replacement keys
- webGui: must be Stopped to change Identifcation settings

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Updated both pro servers from previous beta. Was greeted with 5 drive slots and all drives empty on both of them. I freaked out but then noticed Slots was set to 5 even though I'm on Pro. I set that to 24, and it automatically re-assigned all the drives.

Just a heads up.

Updated both pro servers from previous beta. Was greeted with 5 drive slots and all drives empty on both of them. I freaked out but then noticed Slots was set to 5 even though I'm on Pro. I set that to 24, and it automatically re-assigned all the drives.

Just a heads up.

Had the exact same thing.  And the recycle bin plugin or vmware tools plugin was causing repeating emhttp issues (I think - have to restart to double check)

Not sure I like the new layout of the VM's tab.    I found it much easier to use when all the buttons were showing.  Having to click on a icon to get a menu of options is much slower and more error prone, and also feels less intuitive.

Sort of related, does anyone know if VNC viewer that gives allows multiple VNC servers to be viewed at the same time (rather like Remote Desktop Connection Manager).  I find that the NoVNC option in unRAID often does not seem to connect to the VM, whereas if I use a VNC Viewer (e.g. TightVNC) and type in the port number it does connect.  If I have to do that it would be more convenient to have a list of servers that I can select from to view.

Running ESXi 6 I'm getting all sorts of USB resetting errors (browsing the USB device is slow as well), reverting to 6b15 makes them go away.  I"m testing remotely, so can't go bare metal presently.

I've tried 2 different USB devices, and mounting them via PLOP and VMDK - the issue is the same with both methods.

I've attached a syslog, the resetting is near the end, the important lines are:

May 16 06:01:37 phatstore kernel: usb 1-1: reset high-speed USB device number 2 using ehci-pci

May 16 06:01:37 phatstore kernel: sd 3:0:0:0: [sdj] 7831552 512-byte logical blocks: (4.00 GB/3.73 GiB)

May 16 06:02:21 phatstore kernel: usb 1-1: reset high-speed USB device number 2 using ehci-pci

May 16 06:02:21 phatstore kernel: sd 3:0:0:0: [sdj] 7831552 512-byte logical blocks: (4.00 GB/3.73 GiB)

May 16 06:03:12 phatstore kernel: usb 1-1: reset high-speed USB device number 2 using ehci-pci

May 16 06:03:12 phatstore kernel: sd 3:0:0:0: [sdj] 7831552 512-byte logical blocks: (4.00 GB/3.73 GiB)

May 16 06:03:48 phatstore kernel: usb 1-1: reset high-speed USB device number 2 using ehci-pci

May 16 06:03:48 phatstore kernel: sd 3:0:0:0: [sdj] 7831552 512-byte logical blocks: (4.00 GB/3.73 GiB)

May 16 06:04:24 phatstore kernel: usb 1-1: reset high-speed USB device number 2 using ehci-pci

May 16 06:04:24 phatstore kernel: sd 3:0:0:0: [sdj] 7831552 512-byte logical blocks: (4.00 GB/3.73 GiB)

May 16 06:05:00 phatstore kernel: usb 1-1: reset high-speed USB device number 2 using ehci-pci

May 16 06:05:00 phatstore kernel: sd 3:0:0:0: [sdj] 7831552 512-byte logical blocks: (4.00 GB/3.73 GiB)

May 16 06:05:51 phatstore kernel: usb 1-1: reset high-speed USB device number 2 using ehci-pci

May 16 06:05:51 phatstore kernel: sd 3:0:0:0: [sdj] 7831552 512-byte logical blocks: (4.00 GB/3.73 GiB)

This is the physical device mapped to the guest.  I've tried both usb types ehci+uhci and xhci. 

I do have one question, why is this being released as an RC considering there's a very different kernel than has been used on any of the previous betas? 

I did find this regarding usb power settings for Arch, but have no idea if it is in any way responsible for the issue I'm encountering:

https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/139009/usb-error-110-power-exceeded-but-works-when-reconnecting

I just checked, Kernel 4.02 was released on May 7, 2015.  Including it in the RC doesn't make a lot of sense.

syslog-unraid.txt

Just updated to rc-1. After updating, my graphics card is no longer showing as an available device to assign as a graphics card or sound card when updating a VM or trying to create a new VM. It was passing through fine before the upgrade.

lspci | grep AMD

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Curacao PRO [Radeon R9 270]

01:00.1 Audio device: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Cape Verde/Pitcairn HDMI Audio [Radeon HD 7700/7800 Series]

syslog.zip

For those version 5 users interested in upgrading to version 6, there is an upgrade guide for you:

Upgrading to UnRAID v6

Also, there is considerable information included that may be helpful to those upgrading from previous v6 betas.

Like unRAID v6.0-*, it is in beta too, so suggestions and corrections are welcome.  Please post all feedback here.

It needs upgrading to beta16, but I don't have time today...

Update went smooth so far with on hiccup to note ... mea culpa, i know its really my fault but worth noting. If your syslinux still defaults to booting Xen, it will fail and loop on the boot screen. Choose standard during one of the loops and all is good. Then go into your syslinux and change default.

LT, might be worth noting that syslinux isn't set to default boot away from the no defunct Xen option. That could get annoying for headless folks who then have to pull their flash vice making the change prior to reboot.

Just updated to rc-1. After updating, my graphics card is no longer showing as an available device to assign as a graphics card or sound card when updating a VM or trying to create a new VM. It was passing through fine before the upgrade.

lspci | grep AMD

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Curacao PRO [Radeon R9 270]

01:00.1 Audio device: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Cape Verde/Pitcairn HDMI Audio [Radeon HD 7700/7800 Series]

The only choice I have for Graphics Cards is VNC when editing or adding a VM.  I have a iGPU and a pass through AMD graphics card.  Neither one shows as a choice.

Upgrade went smooth.

Congrats to the LT Team and the community members that continue to work on the webGUI and their plugins! Thank You!

It's great to have made it to RC and I'm sure you guys are as thrilled as the rest of us. unRAID is really such a great product and the amount of work put into really shows. Thanks again.

Gary

I'm once again getting kernel panics and failure to boot if I do not include iommu=pt in syslinux. Unfortunately if I include that I'm being told my system doesn't support VM's because,

Your hardware does not have Intel VT-x or AMD-V capability. This is required to create VMs in KVM
which I'm fairly certain it does based on my Xen experience and system specs.

When last discussed there was mention of possibly missing drivers in the beta15 build.

PS I'd include a log from that failed boot but it isn't being captured. Anything I can do to get it?

EDIT1: I am seeing this with iommu=pt appended yet VM Manger still says I don't support AMD-V. Attached is the syslog for that boot.

root@Tower:~# dmesg | grep AMD-Vi
AMD-Vi: Found IOMMU at 0000:00:00.2 cap 0x40
AMD-Vi: Interrupt remapping enabled
AMD-Vi: Initialized for Passthrough Mode

I tried also appending iommu=1 per this page http://www.linux-kvm.org/page/How_to_assign_devices_with_VT-d_in_KVM and got the same results. That boot log is attached as well.

Here are the results of System Devices

PCI Devices

00:00.0 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] RD890 PCI to PCI bridge (external gfx0 port B) (rev 02)
00:00.2 IOMMU: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] RD990 I/O Memory Management Unit (IOMMU)
00:02.0 PCI bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] RD890 PCI to PCI bridge (PCI express gpp port B)
00:04.0 PCI bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] RD890 PCI to PCI bridge (PCI express gpp port D)
00:09.0 PCI bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] RD890 PCI to PCI bridge (PCI express gpp port H)
00:11.0 SATA controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] SB7x0/SB8x0/SB9x0 SATA Controller [AHCI mode] (rev 40)
00:12.0 USB controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] SB7x0/SB8x0/SB9x0 USB OHCI0 Controller
00:12.2 USB controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] SB7x0/SB8x0/SB9x0 USB EHCI Controller
00:13.0 USB controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] SB7x0/SB8x0/SB9x0 USB OHCI0 Controller
00:13.2 USB controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] SB7x0/SB8x0/SB9x0 USB EHCI Controller
00:14.0 SMBus: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] SBx00 SMBus Controller (rev 42)
00:14.3 ISA bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] SB7x0/SB8x0/SB9x0 LPC host controller (rev 40)
00:14.4 PCI bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] SBx00 PCI to PCI Bridge (rev 40)
00:14.5 USB controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] SB7x0/SB8x0/SB9x0 USB OHCI2 Controller
00:16.0 USB controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] SB7x0/SB8x0/SB9x0 USB OHCI0 Controller
00:16.2 USB controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] SB7x0/SB8x0/SB9x0 USB EHCI Controller
00:18.0 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Family 15h Processor Function 0
00:18.1 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Family 15h Processor Function 1
00:18.2 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Family 15h Processor Function 2
00:18.3 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Family 15h Processor Function 3
00:18.4 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Family 15h Processor Function 4
00:18.5 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Family 15h Processor Function 5
02:00.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller (rev 09)
03:00.0 SATA controller: Marvell Technology Group Ltd. 88SE9120 SATA 6Gb/s Controller (rev 12)
03:00.1 IDE interface: Marvell Technology Group Ltd. 88SE912x IDE Controller (rev 12)
04:06.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Rage XL PCI (rev 27)

Checked for BIOS updates and would you believe, my MB got an update 4 days ago for "stability improvements" which can mean anything. Sadly, it made no difference. Unraid still claims I don't support VM, evidence to the contrary.

syslog_iommu_pt.zip

syslog_iommu-pt_iommu-1.zip

Big issue in the new VM manager.

When try to set up a new Windows VM from scratch......

I see this issues ....

Cant get VirtIO Drivers ISO stored, revert to blank after clicking update.

BIOS: is disabled, cant shift to seabios after selected OVMF

Don't show the passtrough GPU, only VNC are available.

Cant shift between machines i440 & Q35, revert to i440 after clicking update.

Hyper-V: revert to no after clicking update.

Maybe it's more .......

EDIT

Yes, one more thing for the VM manager, I'm missing a OSX icon  ;)

my syslinux

kernel /bzimage
  append pcie_acs_override=downstream pci-stub.ids=8086:1e31 initrd=/bzroot

EDIT 2

I like the new style of the VM manager! Great work on that !  8)

//Peter