unRAID Server Release 6.0-rc3-x86_64 Available

Since Xen has been dropped, it probably shouldn't show up on the boot menu.  I upgraded from 6b15 via the plugin update feature, but it's still showing on boot.

ditto.

Congrats to LT on the release, I'll be hammering my docker containers to ensure the issues from previous versions has been fixed with docker 1.6.1

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since Xen has been dropped, it probably shouldn't show up on the boot menu.  I upgraded from 6b15 via the plugin update feature, but it's still showing on boot.

ditto.

Congrats to LT on the release, I'll be hammering my docker containers to ensure the issues from previous versions has been fixed with docker 1.6.1

You have to manually change that.  Syslynix.cfg is not updated.

Just updated to rc-1. After updating, my graphics card is no longer showing as an available device to assign as a graphics card or sound card when updating a VM or trying to create a new VM. It was passing through fine before the upgrade.

lspci | grep AMD

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Curacao PRO [Radeon R9 270]

01:00.1 Audio device: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Cape Verde/Pitcairn HDMI Audio [Radeon HD 7700/7800 Series]

The only choice I have for Graphics Cards is VNC when editing or adding a VM.  I have a iGPU and a pass through AMD graphics card.  Neither one shows as a choice.

Regex parsing failure in the code for mainly AMD devices, I found and fixed the bug.

iGPUs are now hidden by design in rc1 -- technically these won't pass-through, probably ever.

Cant get VirtIO Drivers ISO stored, revert to blank after clicking update.

You may need to clear your browser cache and then retry picking/saving your VirtIO Drivers ISO path.

BIOS: is disabled, cant shift to seabios after selected OVMF

This is by design, once a VM is created its BIOS option cannot be changed... You'll have to create another VM and pick the same options w/ seabios to switch.

Don't show the passtrough GPU, only VNC are available.

I'm guessing you have a AMD video card or a integrated GPU?  If so, there was a bug preventing certain AMD video cards from showing up and iGPUs are no longer displayed because they have issues.

Cant shift between machines i440 & Q35, revert to i440 after clicking update.

Hyper-V: revert to no after clicking update.

Cache related?

the %'s when fetching dockers are no longer garbled, although it's now reporting total data pulled 2gb for a 900 or so mb container.

Which container did you try?  I'll give it a shot and see what the issue is.

P.S. I patched the garbled %'s and updated the total data counters for rc1  :D

the %'s when fetching dockers are no longer garbled, although it's now reporting total data pulled 2gb for a 900 or so mb container.

Which container did you try?  I'll give it a shot and see what the issue is.

P.S. I patched the garbled %'s and updated the total data counters for rc1  :D

a musicbrainz server container that i'm testing is the only one i've tried so far, it's in my private repo and (totally unrelated to unraid) can't get the mother loving thing to work.

Did Docker and Vms get moved later into the boot process so we dont have a race condition anymore to be able to auto mount unassigned devices via its plugin?

Myk

Yup, Docker and VMs start later in the boot process and shutdown earlier when stopping the array.  Should eliminate those race conditions now  8)

i'm trying it again, with an update, rather than an adding of a new container, because that's what i did with the musicbrainz container.

added a container of mine that showed 293mb data pulled when adding, when the build has finished i'll report back what it shows as data pulled then.

Is there a reason i can not get VM to function,  was working in beta 15 but i didnt have a use for it then so just played with a windows VM then removed it.

now when i goto Settings -> VM Manager to re-enable it as i now have a need for one  i get this

Your hardware does not have Intel VT-x or AMD-V capability. This is required to create VMs in KVM. Click here to see the unRAID Wiki for more information

But i know it was working in beta 15 and is enabled in dmesg

root@Tower:~# dmesg | grep AMD-Vi

AMD-Vi: Found IOMMU at 0000:00:00.2 cap 0x40

AMD-Vi: Interrupt remapping enabled

AMD-Vi: Lazy IO/TLB flushing enabled

am i missing something or is this what  eschultz was referring to

Regex parsing failure in the code for mainly AMD devices, I found and fixed the bug.

You may need to clear your browser cache and then retry picking/saving your VirtIO Drivers ISO path.

BIOS: is disabled, cant shift to seabios after selected OVMF

This is by design, once a VM is created its BIOS option cannot be changed... You'll have to create another VM and pick the same options w/ seabios to switch.

Don't show the passtrough GPU, only VNC are available.

I'm guessing you have a AMD video card or a integrated GPU?  If so, there was a bug preventing certain AMD video cards from showing up and iGPUs are no longer displayed because they have issues.

Cache related?

Cleared my  cache did not help ..... Maybe someone at LT can try create a new windows VM from scratch to verify if I'm the only one that see this behaviour ?

I'm experiencing the same behavior when trying to update a VM

I just upgraded my main server from 6beta12 to 6rc1. I stopped my 4 dockers before upgrading (not sure if I needed to, but made sense to do so) via the unRAID GUI. All seems to have gone well. Will upgrade my backup server next time I power it up.

I rebooted after the upgrade (like I was prompted to do). Under Settings, I went to start Docker and see this message "Your existing Docker image file needs to be recreated due to an issue from an earlier beta of unRAID 6. Failure to do so may result in your docker image suffering corruption at a later time." There is a checkbox to delete the docker image file, so I clicked it then apply. The message is still displayed... but I was able to start Docker and all my Docker Containers fine... and all are running like before. The warning message is still displayed. I suspect this may be covered elsewhere (perhaps would not have shown up if I had upgraded each time a new beta came out)? I will search for it later, but thought I would share that everything seems to be good.

Thanks for all the work that has gone into this!

I just upgraded my main server from 6beta12 to 6rc1. I stopped my 4 dockers before upgrading (not sure if I needed to, but made sense to do so) via the unRAID GUI. All seems to have gone well. Will upgrade my backup server next time I power it up.

I rebooted after the upgrade (like I was prompted to do). Under Settings, I went to start Docker and see this message "Your existing Docker image file needs to be recreated due to an issue from an earlier beta of unRAID 6. Failure to do so may result in your docker image suffering corruption at a later time." There is a checkbox to delete the docker image file, so I clicked it then apply. The message is still displayed... but I was able to start Docker and all my Docker Containers fine... and all are running like before. The warning message is still displayed. I suspect this may be covered elsewhere (perhaps would not have shown up if I had upgraded each time a new beta came out)? I will search for it later, but thought I would share that everything seems to be good.

Thanks for all the work that has gone into this!

See beta14 release announcement

i'm trying it again, with an update, rather than an adding of a new container, because that's what i did with the musicbrainz container.

added a container of mine that showed 293mb data pulled when adding, when the build has finished i'll report back what it shows as data pulled then.

container that was 293mb when adding it , triggered a new build on dockerhub and updated it in unraid docker webui

yTRy7Qr.png

so it's only when updating a container that the totals get screwy.

Is there a reason i can not get VM to function,  was working in beta 15 but i didnt have a use for it then so just played with a windows VM then removed it.

now when i goto Settings -> VM Manager to re-enable it as i now have a need for one  i get this

Your hardware does not have Intel VT-x or AMD-V capability. This is required to create VMs in KVM. Click here to see the unRAID Wiki for more information

But i know it was working in beta 15 and is enabled in dmesg

AMD-Vi: Lazy IO/TLB flushing enabled

am i missing something or is this what  eschultz was referring to

Do you get any errors back if you try to execute this command from the console?:

modprobe kvm_amd

Do you get any errors back if you try to execute this command from the console?:

modprobe kvm_amd

Since I'm having nearly the same problem (posted on page 1) my answer to this is, no, I get no errors.

root@Tower:~# modprobe kvm_amd
AMD-Vi: Initialized for Passthrough Mode

oops, still getting the same error with dockers that was introduced in b15.

you have to edit the docker and change the network type from bridge to host, save, then re-edit and change back from host to bridge to get any internet connectivity.

sickbeard, sabnzbd, headphones, couchpotato and kodi all exhibiting the same behaviour.

EDIT, disabled my VM's that are on br0 from autostarting, rebooted and my dockers have internet connectivity.

with my VM's on virbr0 they don't get a static ip from my router and i need them both to have that, but it seems putting them on br0 means they don't play nice with dockers.

modprobe kvm_amd

Since I'm having nearly the same problem (posted on page 1) my answer to this is, no, I get no errors.

Do you receive any errors when you try this?:

modprobe kvm_intel

If so, that's the issue.  My check for Intel VT-d and AMD-V support is a single check for errors back from

modprobe kvm_intel kvm_amd

Which doesn't error out on Intel CPUs.

Also something else,

in the VM manager if you click stop VM you have to refresh the page before it shows the VM as stopped, tried with the display updates set to regular and set to realtime, same with both settings.

clicking start on a vm and the icon refreshes, click force stop and it refreshes, however clicking stop it doesn't unless you physically refresh the page.

Cleared my  cache did not help ..... Maybe someone at LT can try create a new windows VM from scratch to verify if I'm the only one that see this behaviour ?

I see what the issues are with:

- VirtIO Drivers ISO selection

- Cant shift between machines i440 & Q35, revert to i440 after clicking update

- Hyper-V: revert to no after clicking update

Thanks for point that out, will have these patched soon

Updated both pro servers from previous beta. Was greeted with 5 drive slots and all drives empty on both of them. I freaked out but then noticed Slots was set to 5 even though I'm on Pro. I set that to 24, and it automatically re-assigned all the drives.

Just a heads up.

I experienced the same issue after downloading and updating.

I did the reboot and the system had no assigned drives, was set to 5 and was stopped.

I changed the drive count to 24 as I am also running Pro.

Resetting the drive count enabled the Start button and the system assigned the corrrect number of drives I have installed which is 11 and the system started.

A bit disconcerting and should be spelled out in the OP first page or corrected.

modprobe kvm_amd

Do you receive any errors when you try this?:

modprobe kvm_intel

If so, that's the issue.  My check for Intel VT-d and AMD-V support is a single check for errors back from

modprobe kvm_intel kvm_amd

Which doesn't error out on Intel CPUs.

No error there either.

root@Tower:~# modprobe kvm_intel kvm_amd
root@Tower:~#

This seems troubling.  I wonder if the new kernel doesn't play well as a Guest OS to VMware ESXi -- or maybe needs a kernel flag set.

I've got b15 (working fine) as a VMware ESXi 5.5 guest.  I probably won't get a chance to try booting to the unRAID RC until next weekend.

John

Running ESXi 6 I'm getting all sorts of USB resetting errors (browsing the USB device is slow as well), reverting to 6b15 makes them go away.  I"m testing remotely, so can't go bare metal presently.

I've tried 2 different USB devices, and mounting them via PLOP and VMDK - the issue is the same with both methods.

I've attached a syslog, the resetting is near the end, the important lines are:

May 16 06:01:37 phatstore kernel: usb 1-1: reset high-speed USB device number 2 using ehci-pci

May 16 06:01:37 phatstore kernel: sd 3:0:0:0: [sdj] 7831552 512-byte logical blocks: (4.00 GB/3.73 GiB)

May 16 06:02:21 phatstore kernel: usb 1-1: reset high-speed USB device number 2 using ehci-pci

May 16 06:02:21 phatstore kernel: sd 3:0:0:0: [sdj] 7831552 512-byte logical blocks: (4.00 GB/3.73 GiB)

May 16 06:03:12 phatstore kernel: usb 1-1: reset high-speed USB device number 2 using ehci-pci

May 16 06:03:12 phatstore kernel: sd 3:0:0:0: [sdj] 7831552 512-byte logical blocks: (4.00 GB/3.73 GiB)

May 16 06:03:48 phatstore kernel: usb 1-1: reset high-speed USB device number 2 using ehci-pci

May 16 06:03:48 phatstore kernel: sd 3:0:0:0: [sdj] 7831552 512-byte logical blocks: (4.00 GB/3.73 GiB)

May 16 06:04:24 phatstore kernel: usb 1-1: reset high-speed USB device number 2 using ehci-pci

May 16 06:04:24 phatstore kernel: sd 3:0:0:0: [sdj] 7831552 512-byte logical blocks: (4.00 GB/3.73 GiB)

May 16 06:05:00 phatstore kernel: usb 1-1: reset high-speed USB device number 2 using ehci-pci

May 16 06:05:00 phatstore kernel: sd 3:0:0:0: [sdj] 7831552 512-byte logical blocks: (4.00 GB/3.73 GiB)

May 16 06:05:51 phatstore kernel: usb 1-1: reset high-speed USB device number 2 using ehci-pci

May 16 06:05:51 phatstore kernel: sd 3:0:0:0: [sdj] 7831552 512-byte logical blocks: (4.00 GB/3.73 GiB)

This is the physical device mapped to the guest.  I've tried both usb types ehci+uhci and xhci. 

Also something else,

in the VM manager if you click stop VM you have to refresh the page before it shows the VM as stopped, tried with the display updates set to regular and set to realtime, same with both settings.

clicking start on a vm and the icon refreshes, click force stop and it refreshes, however clicking stop it doesn't unless you physically refresh the page.

Try waiting longer. Eric converted the page to ajax and it will auto update the VM icon / status when the shutdown completes.

On a side note. I've asked Eric in a future build to adjust how this works so that when you tell the VM to shutdown, the icon changes to show a shutdown in progress.