unRAID Server Release 6.0-rc3-x86_64 Available

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If you have powerdown 2.14 and the unassigned_devices plugin, there is a problem that I am working on.

Is this on my side or on yours?

I got it.  Powerdown should handle this no matter what is thrown at it.  No worries on your end.

I have a Windows 10 VM working with the .103 virtio drivers (latest).  I am not passing through any hardware.  There is an issue with Windows 10 recognizing all the network devices.  i.e. the Windows 10 VM does not see my unRAID server.  I believe this is a Windows 10 issue based on what I've seen on the Internet.

Do you have the link for the .103 virtio drivers?  All I can find is .100 and .96.  The .100 worked previously, but perhaps that was just luck.  I'm not passing any hardware either.

https://fedorapeople.org/groups/virt/virtio-win/direct-downloads/

Use the Windows 8.1 drivers from the .103 driver package.  Load the net, disk, and baloon drivers before you load Windows 10.

I would like to express my deep appreciation to the LimeTech team for all the hard work accomplished so far in v6.0.  It's outstanding work, a product to be proud of!

I really hope to see us all once again as a team behind them, providing only constructive feedback, all helping to push the bus in the same direction.

I would like to express my deep appreciation to the LimeTech team for all the hard work accomplished so far in v6.0.  It's outstanding work, a product to be proud of!

I really hope to see us all once again as a team behind them, providing only constructive feedback, all helping to push the bus in the same direction.

i prefer a bus with an engine, lol.

but yes, it's a great product.

... It is a lesson we seem never to learn and very frustrating.

Agree.    And you very clearly warned LT several times about the need for another Beta cycle to test the large # of changes that were incorporated after Beta 15.

It's one thing to have a Beta that needs a very quick "a" release to resolve something that's been overlooked.    An RC, by definition, should be stable enough that it doesn't need a new release on the SAME DAY it was released !!

This is being greatly exaggerated.  The issues that were present in RC1 were faulty webGui code only and were not issues with the more fundamental mechanics of the operating system.

And as far as why we so quickly put out an RC2 is because we are going through an accelerated RC phase.  Bug squashing is top priority now as we are on feature freeze.  We are already working to generate an RC3 as we progress towards final.

Please stop the nonconstructive back and forth posts for a few bugs that were resolved in < 24 hours from posting.  That doesn't lead to productive conversation or help us squash other bugs.  If you wish to discuss this, please take it to the lounge.

RC1 doesn't mean bug free, it means stable.  It means your data is safe.  It doesn't mean every application feature is bug free yet.  We are still squashing bugs on those features as we progress our way to final.

For the future there is another way to think about beta/RC.

Just as your RC is a version you are proposing for stable your last beta should be the version you are proposing for RC.

I take no credit here for being a fortune teller or having some amazing incite I am just relying on the methodology the rest of the planet use for this.

Upgrade to rc1 and then rc2 from Beta15 worked perfectly.

Kernal Clock change from 100Hz to 1000Hz

Ever since I started using KVM I have been struggling with Plex audio sync issues when playing content in 24P in my Win8.1 VM using Plex server on unRaid (plex pass) and Plex HT (plex pass) on the Win8.1 VM. The Win8.1 has GPU and audio passthrough to my AV receiver using a MSI GTX 970.

I had tried everything suggested on Plex forums and basically given up. Playing content in 60P worked perfectly and so that is what I ended up using.

After upgrading to rc1 and reading the change notes regarding tick frequency I again tried playing content in 24P. So far everything that I have thrown at it plays perfectly. Audio sync is working great.

Many thanks rc1/rc2 is awesome!

My Windows 10 box doesn't see the unraid box by name, but works fine by IP address.  Not a VM though, it's on bare metal.

I have a Windows 10 VM working with the .103 virtio drivers (latest).  I am not passing through any hardware.  There is an issue with Windows 10 recognizing all the network devices.  i.e. the Windows 10 VM does not see my unRAID server.  I believe this is a Windows 10 issue based on what I've seen on the Internet.

Do you have the link for the .103 virtio drivers?  All I can find is .100 and .96.  The .100 worked previously, but perhaps that was just luck.  I'm not passing any hardware either.

https://fedorapeople.org/groups/virt/virtio-win/direct-downloads/

Use the Windows 8.1 drivers from the .103 driver package.  Load the net, disk, and baloon drivers before you load Windows 10.

Anyone know why i'm getting these errors in my console?  I think it's been doing it since b15 or so..  Server is working fine though.

Boot in SAFE mode

Sorry, I had to step away. How do I do it? Is safe mode the same thing as the maintenance mode option?  Thanks.

Sorry, I had to step away. How do I do it? Is safe mode the same thing as the maintenance mode option? 

No.  Safe mode is an option on the boot menu and means that unRAID loads without non-standard plugins but starts as normal.  Maintenance mode is when the array is started but the array disks are not mounted and is typically used to check for or recover from file system corruption..

If you run headless you can edit the syslinux/sylinux.cfg on the USB drive and move the default entry to the Safe Boot section and then reboot the server.

Sorry, I had to step away. How do I do it? Is safe mode the same thing as the maintenance mode option? 

No.  Safe mode is an option on the boot menu and means that unRAID loads without non-standard plugins but starts as normal.  Maintenance mode is when the array is started but the array disks are not mounted and is typically used to check for or recover from file system corruption..

If you run headless you can edit the syslinux/sylinux.cfg on the USB drive and move the default entry to the Safe Boot section and then reboot the server.

Thanks.  I am running headless but with kvm support.  I rebooted unraid in safe mode(without plugins) but there's no indication that i'm actually in safe mode. Everything looks normal and i'm still having those eof errors in the console.

What I think i'm going to do is wait for the final release to come out and then if it's still happening I will switch to a totally fresh usb stick with the final version on it.

Thanks.  I am running headless but with kvm support.  I rebooted unraid in safe mode(without plugins) but there's no indication that i'm actually in safe mode. Everything looks normal and i'm still having those eof errors in the console.

What I think i'm going to do is wait for the final release to come out and then if it's still happening I will switch to a totally fresh usb stick with the final version on it.

If this is not on limetech's radar then I doubt you will see it fixed with the final version. Attach a syslog. See v6 help in my sig.

If this is not on limetech's radar then I doubt you will see it fixed with the final version. Attach a syslog. See v6 help in my sig.

Thanks. I'll read it over and try and send them a syslog this evening.

Anyone know why i'm getting these errors in my console?  I think it's been doing it since b15 or so..  Server is working fine though.

This is probably a problem on a plugin. Which plugins are you running?

So far i'm still running stock unraid, even have docker turned off.  The only thing I have installed is unmenu and the preclear script.