unRAID Server Release 6.0-rc3-x86_64 Available

Thanks. I'll read it over and try and send them a syslog this evening.

Post the syslog in a new posting in this thread, quoting your original trouble report.  (It helps not to have to read twenty-hundred posts  ;D    to try to determine what the issue was.)

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My Windows 10 box doesn't see the unraid box by name, but works fine by IP address.  Not a VM though, it's on bare metal.

I have a Windows 10 VM working with the .103 virtio drivers (latest).  I am not passing through any hardware.  There is an issue with Windows 10 recognizing all the network devices.  i.e. the Windows 10 VM does not see my unRAID server.  I believe this is a Windows 10 issue based on what I've seen on the Internet.

Do you have the link for the .103 virtio drivers?  All I can find is .100 and .96.  The .100 worked previously, but perhaps that was just luck.  I'm not passing any hardware either.

https://fedorapeople.org/groups/virt/virtio-win/direct-downloads/

Use the Windows 8.1 drivers from the .103 driver package.  Load the net, disk, and baloon drivers before you load Windows 10.

Must have been a Windows 10 issue with one of the parameters I changed during install.  I tried with the .103 and got the same behavior, but when I chose "express settings" it works.  So definitely not an Unraid issue.

Thanks. I'll read it over and try and send them a syslog this evening.

Post the syslog in a new posting in this thread, quoting your original trouble report.  (It helps not to have to read twenty-hundred posts  ;D    to try to determine what the issue was.)

Will do. Thanks.

No rc2 thread?

Just updated from b15. I like the KVM icon additions to make them look and perform like the Docker icons!

The play/stop button is oddly placed though. Safari 8.0.6 on Mac. They look fine in Chrome on Mac.

Did you try clearing your browser cache on safari?  Or a shift + refresh?

No rc2 thread?

Just updated from b15. I like the KVM icon additions to make them look and perform like the Docker icons!

The play/stop button is oddly placed though. Safari 8.0.6 on Mac. They look fine in Chrome on Mac.

Did you try clearing your browser cache on safari?  Or a shift + refresh?

Clearing cache fixed it!

Jonp,

Where is the guide for moving from Xen to KVM with a NIC pass through?

I'm stuck at 6b15 until that one is solved...

The xen to kvm migration guide is in the manual in my signature.  NIC pass through is in a sticky post in the KVM sub forum.

Thanks,

I thought I was waiting for a PM back given our previous PMs, so I didn't even look.

But I'd like to say it is all now working on RC2, inc NIC passthrough.

Can't comment on long term issues, uptime is 12 minutes.

Jonp,

Where is the guide for moving from Xen to KVM with a NIC pass through?

I'm stuck at 6b15 until that one is solved...

The xen to kvm migration guide is in the manual in my signature.  NIC pass through is in a sticky post in the KVM sub forum.

Thanks,

I thought I was waiting for a PM back given our previous PMs, so I didn't even look.

But I'd like to say it is all now working on RC2, inc NIC passthrough.

Can't comment on long term issues, uptime is 12 minutes.

Sorry. Probably were and I just forgot. These last few weeks have had me running through a bit of a gauntlet.

I took the 6.0-rc2 dive from 6.0-beta14b and all went silky smooth! Had a couple of updates on docker images and checked connectivity to Plex and all is well. Looking forward to the final release of 6.0, but this looks very representative. It is very evident the changes from 5.0 to 6.0 are monumental for several reasons. Thanks goes out to the Lime Tech crew for all the hard and meticulous work that has gone into the 6.0 version! Thank you!  :D

I am noticing a strange behavior with rc2 for my Win 8.1 KVM. When the KVM is set to auto-start and/or a restart from within the windows, some usb devices are not functioning. For eg, my htpc keyboard keys are not working while the attached trackpad is working. If I 'destroy' and start the vm, all are working as expected. I have tested this twice for each scenario. I haven't encountered this issue for any of the previous releases :(

Would a log of the KVM provide information?

Sorry. Probably were and I just forgot. These last few weeks have had me running through a bit of a gauntlet.

I am noticing a strange behavior with rc2 for my Win 8.1 KVM. When the KVM is set to auto-start and/or a restart from within the windows, some usb devices are not functioning. For eg, my htpc keyboard keys are not working while the attached trackpad is working. If I 'destroy' and start the vm, all are working as expected. I have tested this twice for each scenario. I haven't encountered this issue for any of the previous releases :(

Would a log of the KVM provide information?

Post in general support sharing your XML and I will take a look.

VM's don't survive a reboot.

The img files are present on the disk but the cfg files are gone (edit: if they even existed in rc1) after a reboot.

I'm not sure to what you are referring. I don't see any issues with VM after reboot in rc1 or 2.

I have the same issues. I've never used the VM / KVM manager before so this is relatively 'fresh'.

I also had to enable the bridge interface in network settings before I could make any meaningful network setting in the VM manager. And then with br0 not virbr0 as the VM manager wants to default to (I don't have that interface).

Where should the VM guest config data live on disk to survive reboots?

I also had to enable the bridge interface in network settings before I could make any meaningful network setting in the VM manager. And then with br0 not virbr0 as the VM manager wants to default to (I don't have that interface).

virbr0 is a built-in NAT style bridge so you always have that bridge without doing any further setup.  You only need to set one upexplicitly under network settings if you want a VM to be visible with its own IP address on your home LAN.

virbr0 is a built-in NAT style bridge so you always have that bridge without doing any further setup.  You only need to set one upexplicitly under network settings if you want a VM to be visible with its own IP address on your home LAN.

I don't. VM manager couldn't bind guests to it as it wasn't there. Creating br0 and binding guests to that worked ok.

Is my RC2 installation just somehow very broken?

Working fine in all other regards.

VM's don't survive a reboot.

The img files are present on the disk but the cfg files are gone (edit: if they even existed in rc1) after a reboot.

I'm not sure to what you are referring. I don't see any issues with VM after reboot in rc1 or 2.

I have the same issues. I've never used the VM / KVM manager before so this is relatively 'fresh'.

Where should the VM guest config data live on disk to survive reboots?

This is a bug in RC2 and is fixed in RC3 ("soon" to be released)

This is a bug in RC2 and is fixed in RC3 ("soon" to be released)

Thanks. It did save in the end for some reason. Though I still don't have the bridge interface the VM manager looks for by default.

I found where you're saving the config settings on the flash (which is presumably the source image for the libvirt loopback mount) so I'm not sure if this is just a race condition etc.

I'll look forward to RC3! Thanks for acknowledging the issue.

RC3 and i'm still having the same network issues with docker that were introduced with b15

i still have to switch docker network type to host, save, then switch back to bridge to get any internet connectivity with dockers.

it's making testing dockers on my unraid box near impossible, because i can't tell whether it's issue with unraid itself or the docker if the docker doesn't get network connectivity.