unRAID Server Release 6.0-rc3-x86_64 Available

RC3 and i'm still having the same network issues with docker that were introduced with b15

i still have to switch docker network type to host, save, then switch back to bridge to get any internet connectivity with dockers.

it's making testing dockers on my unraid box near impossible, because i can't tell whether it's issue with unraid itself or the docker if the docker doesn't get network connectivity.

Is this the DNS issue I've posted a reply about in another thread?

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RC3 and i'm still having the same network issues with docker that were introduced with b15

i still have to switch docker network type to host, save, then switch back to bridge to get any internet connectivity with dockers.

it's making testing dockers on my unraid box near impossible, because i can't tell whether it's issue with unraid itself or the docker if the docker doesn't get network connectivity.

Is this the DNS issue I've posted a reply about in another thread?

what thread ?

I accepted the update to rc3, received the instruction to reboot and now I get a kernel panic after loading bzimage and bzroot - as in the attached image.

I guess that I'm going to have to open the box to get the usb out and investigate from there ...

Might be a corrupted download.  Try downloading the full -rc3 and upgrading the old-fashioned way.

I accepted the update to rc3, received the instruction to reboot and now I get a kernel panic after loading bzimage and bzroot - as in the attached image.

I guess that I'm going to have to open the box to get the usb out and investigate from there ...

That looks like my iommu problem. I see you are intel so you might need to append this in your syslinux: "intel_iommu=on"

I had to do the same thing but for my AMD processor. As in I had to add "iommu=pt iommu=1"

Sauce:http://www.linux-kvm.org/page/How_to_assign_devices_with_VT-d_in_KVM

Okay, system coming up now.  Turns out that the usb flash was full - shouldn't the upgrade procedure protect against this and/or issue a warning rather than simply saying 'reboot required'?

Updated to rc3 without any issues.

A few things I noticed:

1. Docker DNS issue - seems like this is a known issue but thought I would say it anyways

2. I did not receive a plugin update notification for rc3 or any new plugins for that matter, only using the agents for plugin notifications but it was working with rc15. Sending a test through agents works and gets received on my phone.

Okay, system coming up now.  Turns out that the usb flash was full - shouldn't the upgrade procedure protect against this and/or issue a warning rather than simply saying 'reboot required'?

Probably.  But you don't generally fix a problem until after it's discovered!  Both the upgrade procedure is new and it's rather unusual now a days to fill a flash drive.  Would you mind creating a Defect report?

Probably.  But you don't generally fix a problem until after it's discovered!  Both the upgrade procedure is new and it's rather unusual now a days to fill a flash drive.  Would you mind creating a Defect report?

Might be worthwhile to test the unzip return code and/or include md5sums file in the archive for the bzroot/bzimage and 'possibly' the syslinux modules that should not be subject to manual change.

root@unRAIDb:/boot# unzip -t unRAIDServer-6.0-rc3-x86_64.zip 
Archive:  unRAIDServer-6.0-rc3-x86_64.zip
    testing: bzimage                  OK
    testing: bzroot                   OK
    testing: config/                  OK
    testing: config/go                OK
    testing: config/network.cfg       OK
    testing: config/disk.cfg          OK
    testing: config/share.cfg         OK
    testing: config/ident.cfg         OK
    testing: config/plugins/          OK
    testing: license.txt              OK
    testing: make_bootable.bat        OK
    testing: make_bootable_mac        OK
    testing: memtest                  OK
    testing: readme.txt               OK
    testing: syslinux/                OK
    testing: syslinux/menu.c32        OK
    testing: syslinux/ldlinux.c32     OK
    testing: syslinux/syslinux.cfg-   OK
    testing: syslinux/mbr.bin         OK
    testing: syslinux/mboot.c32       OK
    testing: syslinux/syslinux.cfg    OK
    testing: syslinux/syslinux.exe    OK
    testing: syslinux/syslinux        OK
    testing: syslinux/libutil.c32     OK
    testing: syslinux/libcom32.c32    OK
    testing: syslinux/make_bootable_mac.sh   OK
No errors detected in compressed data of unRAIDServer-6.0-rc3-x86_64.zip.
root@unRAIDb:/boot# echo $?

root@unRAIDb:/boot# unzip -t unRAIDServer-6.0-rc3-x86_64.zip bzroot bzimage
Archive:  unRAIDServer-6.0-rc3-x86_64.zip
    testing: bzimage                  OK
    testing: bzroot                   OK
No errors detected in unRAIDServer-6.0-rc3-x86_64.zip for the 2 files tested.

root@unRAIDb:/boot# echo $?

While this checks the integrity of the zip archive, an included md5sums file can be utilized to check that the file was extracted correctly

Updated to RC3. APCUPSD doesn't autostart now. I've checked the settings and applied them, and then it runs. After a reboot though, it doesn't autostart. I confirmed that the dynamix.apcupsd folder and dynamix.apcupsd.cfg file is there on the flash drive. Syslog attached.

Gary

syslog.zip

Updated to RC3. APCUPSD doesn't autostart now. I've checked the settings and applied them, and then it runs. After a reboot though, it doesn't autostart. I confirmed that the dynamix.apcupsd folder and dynamix.apcupsd.cfg file is there on the flash drive. Syslog attached.

Gary

CONFIRMED!  I have found the same thing.  I had to first stop the UPS daemon and restart it to bring the UPS online.

EDIT: I upgrade to rc3 from rc2.  I am not sure what happens if one installs rc3 on a new flash drive.

apcupsd has gone awol here too.  Going to settings shows that all apcupsd settings have reverted to default.  Trying to access the flash drive remotely suggests that smb isn't active either.

Edit:

Reverting to rc2!

More testing on APCUPSD.  I reset several the parameters on the 'UpsSettings' page and applied the changes.  I then rebooted the server again.  This time, it came up running with the new settings in place.  Apparently, just starting the deamon does get saved when you click on the 'Apply' button. 

Perhaps,  a note should be added to the release notes indicating that you have to re-setup the UPS settings, changing at least one parameter and 'Apply' if you are upgrading. 

There's a note about that in the first announcement post -

[apcupsd note for -rc3]

Upon booting -rc3, apcupsd will be "Off".  If using apcupsd, please turn back "On" and Apply Settings.  This is due to change in where settings file is stored.

Unfortunately, most upgraders will use the new built in upgrade process, so won't see that note, and it's not in the Change notes either.  May have to add a mechanism to show special installation notes on first boot afterward, or messages immediately prior to the actual installation.

For now, I'll make it visible here!

[apcupsd note for -rc3]

Upon booting -rc3, apcupsd will be "Off".  If using apcupsd, please turn back "On" and Apply Settings.  This is due to change in where settings file is stored.

Users have found that you also have to change a setting (and change it back), to make it stick.

There's a note about that in the first announcement post -

[apcupsd note for -rc3]

Unfortunately, most upgraders will use the new built in upgrade process, so won't see that note, and it's not in the Change notes either.  May have to add a mechanism to show special installation notes on first boot afterward, or messages immediately prior to the actual installation.

For now, I'll make it visible here!

[apcupsd note for -rc3]

Changing from The Daemon Start setting from 'Off' to 'On' and then applying that alone did not result in that new setting being stored!  I actually had to change one of the other settings to make the Daemon change 'stick'!

2. I did not receive a plugin update notification for rc3 or any new plugins for that matter, only using the agents for plugin notifications but it was working with rc15. Sending a test through agents works and gets received on my phone.

I updated smoothly but I didn't receive any notification too