unRAID Server Release 6.0-rc3-x86_64 Available

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

odd thing i just noticed that doesn't look right.

all of a sudden my mac is showing unraid all in caps in the finder sidebar.

asKExov.png

reboot and it's still the same, flushdns on the mac, it's still the same.

this is what it should be, and used to show in my finder sidebar.

TezSaua.png

asKExov.png

TezSaua.png

Things that make you go "hmmm".

After upgrading from RC2 to RC3 my VMs tab now says "No Virtual Machines Installed". I had 1 ubuntu VM running before upgrade on RC2.

Corner case time...

If the very first time you created a VM was in 6.0-rc2, and then upgraded to 6.0-rc3, you will see this behavior where the VM will go missing (but not any vdisk(s) you might have associated).  The solution is to re-create the VM, hooking it up to your vdisk(s) again.  If you created a VM in a 6.0-beta, or 6.0-rc1, and/or then updated to -rc2, you won't see this problem.

The problem is in -rc2, so if the very first time you ever create a VM is in -rc2, then eventually whenever you update past -rc2 you will see this problem.

How did you figure that out by looking at my log.

You haven't been around here long, have you?  He's got eyes everywhere...

Just confused how he knew I created that VM in RC2. I did create it in RC2 so it makes perfect sense.

It's just Tom's magic  :)

... or perhaps a bit of logic:  Problem only exists in VM's created in RC2;  you have the problem;  ... therefore you must have created the VM in RC2  :)

asKExov.png

TezSaua.png

I just noticed the same thing.  I'm on Beta15.  The name was in mixed case until I changed it.  It actually showed in mixed case on my Macintosh for a couple of minutes (well, I looked once after I changed it, and then, 15 minutes later it was all upper case).

It remains in mixed case on the unRAID GUI.

John

There is a missing executable attribute on the script which reads the stored settings and initiates the UPS daemon upon system startup. Workaround for the moment is a manual start from the apcupsd settings page.

... and if we have two, or more, powercuts while I'm not home?  That's a not infrequent occurence here.

There is a missing executable attribute on the script which reads the stored settings and initiates the UPS daemon upon system startup. Workaround for the moment is a manual start from the apcupsd settings page.

... and if we have two, or more, powercuts while I'm not home?  That's a not infrequent occurence here.

You could stay with -rc2 until -rc4 is out, or you could add the line suggested here.

Warning: file_put_contents(/boot/config/domain.cfg): failed to open stream: Input/output error in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.vm.manager/classes/libvirt_helpers.php on line 28 Warning: parse_ini_file(/boot/config/domain.cfg): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.vm.manager/classes/libvirt_helpers.php on line 34 

Got the above error after "upgrading" to KVM from xen. This happened as soon as i did step 7 (deleted the second vdisk):

Step 7: Remove the temporary vdisk and start the VM
1 - Click to edit the VM using the form-based editor (the pencil symbol) 2 - Remove the secondary vdisk 3 - Ensure the primary vdisk is pointing to your original vdisk file (it may be pointing to the secondary vdisk, and if so, update it to point to your actual vdisk) 4 - When completed, click Update 5 - Start your VM 6 - Verify your device manager shows no warnings 7 - DONE!

From http://lime-technology.com/wiki/index.php/UnRAID_Manual_6#Converting_VMs_from_Xen_to_KVM

Also this made the VM i just created disappear. Rebooting now...

UPDATE:!!! FIXED with manual XML Editing.

ALSO--------------

When rebooting the UPS settings keep reverting back to "STATUS: Stopped" any i have to turn it off and on to fix it.

Upgraded from b15 directly to rc3 on my unRAID Guest OS on VMware ESXi 5.5.  Very simple system - no VMs, no dockers, and only Dynamix Cache Directories and Dynamix Active Streams as plug-ins.  Upgrade went smoothly.  Operations (so far) are going smoothly.  No unexpected log messages or console messages.

So far - SMB disk device continues to show correct mixed-case name on my Mac.

John

asKExov.png

TezSaua.png

I just noticed the same thing.  I'm on Beta15.  The name was in mixed case until I changed it.  It actually showed in mixed case on my Macintosh for a couple of minutes (well, I looked once after I changed it, and then, 15 minutes later it was all upper case).

John

Mine has been like this since the change from when they changed from "Tower-SMB" to just "Tower".....somewhere back in Unraid 6

asKExov.png

TezSaua.png

John

Mine has been like this since the change from when they changed from "Tower-SMB" to just "Tower".....somewhere back in Unraid 6

OK - After I wrote this note last night (while still on B15) I changed the name.  It came up as mixed case (as desired).  I upgraded to rc3.  Here we are, about 12 hours later, and it is staying mixed case.  Which is good.

Both Macs I checked are running Yosemite 10.10.3.

John

Has there been any change to SMB of which we should be aware?

I know that I could access my usb flash over SMB in b15.  In rc3 it's no longer possible.  I cannot recall whether it was working in rc1/2.

If I browse network from my Arch Linux desktop, among other entries I see 'Tower (File Sharing)'.  If I click on this I get the following error: 'Failed to open "Tower (File Sharing)".  Failed to retrieve share list from server: Connection refused.'  I have a shortcut to the /flash/ drive and clicking this also gives 'Connection refused'.

I have other machines which run SMB server - these are all still accessible from my desktop machine.

I attach a syslog for the current session.

I'm not a Microsoft fan and don't know a great deal about samba.  NFS is still working well.

syslog.zip