unRAID Server Release 6.0-rc3-x86_64 Available

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has there been any change to SMB of which we should be aware?

I know that I could access my usb flash over SMB in b15.  In rc3 it's no longer possible.  I cannot recall whether it was working in rc1/2.

SMB Access to the boot flash from my Macs is working the same in rc3 as it did for me in b15.

I know that I could access my usb flash over SMB in b15.  In rc3 it's no longer possible.  I cannot recall whether it was working in rc1/2.

SMB Access to the boot flash from my Macs is working the same in rc3 as it did for me in b15.

Working for me (Windows) too.

Go to Main - Boot Device, click on Flash and check your SMB Security Settings

plugin: updating: unRAIDServer.plg

plugin: downloading: /tmp/unRAIDServer.zip ... done

wrong md5

plugin: run failed: /bin/bash retval: 1

?

I'm seeing this as well....

Just a thought, do you happen to have RC1 running, but RC2 waiting for a reboot? I do, wonder if it has something to do with it...

wrong md5

?

Just a thought, do you happen to have RC1 running, but RC2 waiting for a reboot? I do, wonder if it has something to do with it...

CONFIRMED. I rebooted my server to load up RC2 for the first time and the update for RC3 is working fine.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Install RC1.

2. Check for updates, finds RC2 and installs. System tells you to reboot

3. LT releases RC3 before reboot required in step 2.

4. RC3 download fails md5 check.

5. Reboot RC1 to activate RC2. RC3 downloads fine.

Well you should shrink them down of course  ;D I am just saying that OSX shouldn't be a penguin and pfSense is OK as freeBSD but those logo's would be soooo much nicer! yeah... I am meticulous.

Capture.PNG

i read on another thread that user definable icons are coming.

You two and your bling lol

I want it!

Is there a guide to install pfsense on unraid? I know few people who have asked for this and would be interested myself.

Well you should shrink them down of course  ;D I am just saying that OSX shouldn't be a penguin and pfSense is OK as freeBSD but those logo's would be soooo much nicer! yeah... I am meticulous.

Capture.PNG

Working for me (Windows) too.

Go to Main - Boot Device, click on Flash and check your SMB Security Settings

Name: Flash

Export: Yes

Security: Public

But it's not just the flash drive that I can't access.  I have a couple of user shares which are set similarly, and those are not accessible either.  More than that, as I said in my original post, browsing to the server reports 'Failed to retrieve share list from server'.

In settings -> SMB I have:

Enable SMB:  Yes (Workgroup)

Workgroup: earley

Local master: Yes

What is a 'Workgroup'  and what is a 'Local Master'?  Do I have these settings wrong - not that I've changed them recently.

All I know is that I could access my flash drive a couple of weeks ago, and now I can't.  I've not, knowingly, changed any settings related to shares and network.

Edit:

Is it significant that the following message appears on the console when I stop the array:?

"smbd: no process found"

Edit2:

That message also appears on startup, immediately after the 'Tower login:2 prompt.

I have booted in 'Safe' mode and SMB shares are still not accessible.

Capture.PNG

Definitely will add the pfSense logo at some point soon.  Never will happen with OS X unless Apple changes their policy on licensing OS X to be run in a VM on non Mac hardware.

Is there a guide to install pfsense on unraid? I know few people who have asked for this and would be interested myself.

Not that I have noticed. It should be fairly straightforward as far as installing the VM goes with the newer VM manager. The hardest part would be getting pfsense setup after its installed but there are plenty of guides in the web.

wrong md5

?

CONFIRMED. I rebooted my server to load up RC2 for the first time and the update for RC3 is working fine.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Install RC1.

2. Check for updates, finds RC2 and installs. System tells you to reboot

3. LT releases RC3 before reboot required in step 2.

4. RC3 download fails md5 check.

5. Reboot RC1 to activate RC2. RC3 downloads fine.

Same situation Here  i had the RC2 update downloaded but not rebooted and than tried to download RC3 update ontop.

Will try your fix

Definitely will add the pfSense logo at some point soon.  Never will happen with OS X unless Apple changes their policy on licensing OS X to be run in a VM on non Mac hardware.

IIRC apple allow OSX in a VM on Mac hardware don't they? And so having the appropriate logo available for that eventuality is perfectly acceptable.

IIRC apple allow OSX in a VM on Mac hardware don't they? And so having the appropriate logo available for that eventuality is perfectly acceptable.

I guess that's true. Hmm, maybe we need to try installing unraid on a Mac.

If I browse network from my Arch Linux desktop, among other entries I see 'Tower (File Sharing)'.  If I click on this I get the following error: 'Failed to open "Tower (File Sharing)".  Failed to retrieve share list from server: Connection refused.'  I have a shortcut to the /flash/ drive and clicking this also gives 'Connection refused'.

I have other machines which run SMB server - these are all still accessible from my desktop machine.

Just a comment, seems like it might be better to start a support thread first, then if more users have the same issue, post something here.  Perhaps this should be split off?

May 21 01:21:01 Tower emhttp: shcmd (66): echo '"/mnt/user/xbmc" -async,no_subtree_check,fsid=107 *(sec=sys,rw,insecure,anongid=100,anonuid=99,all_squash)' >>/etc/exports

May 21 01:21:01 Tower emhttp: Restart SMB...

May 21 01:21:01 Tower emhttp: shcmd (67): killall -HUP smbd

May 21 01:21:01 Tower emhttp: shcmd: shcmd (67): exit status: 1

As you can see above, once Samba was setup, with all the share exports, it attempts to start smb but fails.  I don't know why.  No further attempts were made.  Have any changes to the User Shares been made in your system?  It might be useful to compare with the 6.0-beta15 syslog, could you find and attach a copy?

If I browse network from my Arch Linux desktop, among other entries I see 'Tower (File Sharing)'.  If I click on this I get the following error: 'Failed to open "Tower (File Sharing)".  Failed to retrieve share list from server: Connection refused.'  I have a shortcut to the /flash/ drive and clicking this also gives 'Connection refused'.

I have other machines which run SMB server - these are all still accessible from my desktop machine.

Just a comment, seems like it might be better to start a support thread first, then if more users have the same issue, post something here.  Perhaps this should be split off?

As you can see above, once Samba was setup, with all the share exports, it attempts to start smb but fails.  I don't know why.  No further attempts were made.  Have any changes to the User Shares been made in your system?  It might be useful to compare with the 6.0-beta15 syslog, could you find and attach a copy?

Indeed, I will post in a new topic - I asked here first in case there was some upgrade instruction/caveat/known issue which I had overlooked.

IIRC apple allow OSX in a VM on Mac hardware don't they?

They do.  I use it to test software in a fresh environment.

Experienced a hard reboot last night, woke to an e-mail that a parity check started (also some SMART e-mails, uptime is in agreement).

Was solid prior with beta 15, upgraded from 15 to RC3.

Could certainly be a plugin or docker (if that is possible), however other than safe mode (process of elimination), is there a way I can log this in order to troubleshoot?

It is my assumption that the system log is gone after a reboot, so no way for me to see what caused it.