unRAID Server Release 6.0-rc3-x86_64 Available

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure where to post it so please move if i am not correct.

I came across a issue that I would like to see if anyone else has any input on. 

I am currently running the latest rc3 version and attempted setup the APC settings in unraid.  In doing so I accidentally unplugged my usb adapter.  well hell i figure I would plug it back in and reboot.  Upon rebooting all of my docker apps had defaulted to the factory INI files.  My docker is set to disk 1 and the files are configured to run off my cache drive. I am not sure why disconnected the usb would cause the cache files to change.  But i did lose all of the config files on the cache drive.  The dockers all started correctly other than i had to re-setupp all of their settings.  plex, plexwatch, sabnzdb,sickbed...

Docker Images /mnt/disk1/docker.img

Cache drive /mnt/cache/apps/"docker folders'

thanks

Not sure where to post it so please move if i am not correct.

I came across a issue that I would like to see if anyone else has any input on. 

I am currently running the latest rc3 version and attempted setup the APC settings in unraid.  In doing so I accidentally unplugged my usb adapter.  well hell i figure I would plug it back in and reboot.  Upon rebooting all of my docker apps had defaulted to the factory INI files.  My docker is set to disk 1 and the files are configured to run off my cache drive. I am not sure why disconnected the usb would cause the cache files to change.  But i did lose all of the config files on the cache drive.  The dockers all started correctly other than i had to re-setupp all of their settings.  plex, plexwatch, sabnzdb,sickbed...

Docker Images /mnt/disk1/docker.img

Cache drive /mnt/cache/apps/"docker folders'

thanks

When you say "USB Adapter", I'm assuming you mean the unRAID USB flash device.  Dislodging this device while the system is running will result in an unclean shutdown being reported on next boot, and could put the device in a read-only state.  I would try shutting down the system, removing the device from your server, and inserting it into a Windows PC to perform a check disk, then try returning it to the server. 

I did have an unclean shutdown and had to fix the usb stick in windows.  That i pretty much knew would happen.  However my bigger concern is losing the config files on the cache file.  It seems that the combination of the two did something to the Docker config files stored. 

I did have an unclean shutdown and had to fix the usb stick in windows.  That i pretty much knew would happen.  However my bigger concern is losing the config files on the cache file.  It seems that the combination of the two did something to the Docker config files stored.

I can see how a problem with your flash might affect your docker templates. It shouldn't have any affect on files on the cache drive though. Is your apps share set to cache-only? If not then mover has moved them to the array.

I can see how a problem with your flash might affect your docker templates. It shouldn't have any affect on files on the cache drive though. Is your apps share set to cache-only? If not then mover has moved them to the array.

They are set to cache only..  It really made for a long Saturday as I have to go through all of the settings by hand to reconfigure them.  For example sickbeard lost all of the shows. 

Hi, i have been trying 6rc3 and so far so good. Only issue is I get this error:

Warning: libvirt_domain_get_block_info(): cannot stat file '/mnt/vm/w8/w8d11.qcow2': Bad file descriptor in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.vm.manager/classes/libvirt.php on line 981 Warning: libvirt_domain_get_block_info(): Cannot get domain block information in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.vm.manager/classes/libvirt.php on line 981

Basically it is happening because it looks for my /mnt/vm/w8/ folder which does not exist. I manually ammend my xml file (it should find my .qcow2 in /mnt/vm/) BUT after reboot the same error comes back.

Maybe it is easy to fix? Ask me for any other info you need.

Rgds.

Just upgraded from 5.0 to 6rc3 and so far it's been very smooth. Disk config and registration all came across and first boot the array started.

Setting up a few dockers now and converting my VM's over from virtualbox which hasn't quite gone as smooth but not a fault with unRAID.

New interface seems much quicker and easier to use and overall performance seems better as well. Keep up the good work  :)

Update went well.  I can't seem to find option to create snapshot of my VM which I could do in 15b.  Was this removed? My image is qcow2. I also noticed my image allocated size has doubled from 15b.

We removed it because it isn't fully supported yet and we decided it wasn't a crucial feature for the release of 6.0.  We will consider adding snapshot support as a future feature, but for now, I don't think it's a needed component to get us to a 6.0 release.

Haven't been using KVM yet (my VM's are all in VMware at the moment) ... but I'll note that Snapshots are a VERY nice feature => I use them all the time.  Makes testing anything a breeze ... create a "Before trying xx" snapshot;  do anything you want ... and then revert to where you were in a couple mouseclicks.

I assume there was some issue with them that caused you to remove them; but I certainly hope they re-appear in a not-too-distant release.

Agree ... but I hope it's not too distant.  For those of us who are accustomed to this, it's a truly compelling feature.    There's no way I'd move from VMware Workstation to KVM without it ... although I may have to try a couple VMs just to "play" a bit with your nifty VM Manager -- which is looking very nice these days  :)

Update went well.  I can't seem to find option to create snapshot of my VM which I could do in 15b.  Was this removed? My image is qcow2. I also noticed my image allocated size has doubled from 15b.

The original vm manager used libvirt snapshots which I found unreliable at times. The reason your image is doubled is because the snapshots are saved in it.  You can use qemu-img from the command line to list your current snapshots, restore, delete and create new.

It'd be nice if this feature is as simple & seamless as it is with VMware => 2 clicks to take a snapshot (plus typing the name) ... and just as easy to revert to any saved snapshot.

I've got about 70 VM's with virtually every version of Windows (both desktop & server OS's) in both x32 and x64 flavors, a bunch of earlier OS's, several Linux distros, etc. => and I use the snapshot feature ALL the time => anytime I want to try something I'll do a "Before Trying xxx" snapshot ... then I can freely do anything I want knowing it's trivial to be right back where I started.

Gary, I suspect you are merely making your life way more complicated than it needs to be having over 70 (!) VM's.

I also have a lot more DVDs and TV Shows than I'll ever watch (I suspect that's true of quite a few folks on this forum)  :)

The VM's have been built up over a period of about a decade ... although I do tend to keep them mostly up-to-date.    It really doesn't take much effort to create & load a new VM ... I NEVER actually handle a "real" DVD or CD => just mount the ISO to "load" a VM.    For example, it probably took 20 minutes to build two Windows 10 systems (one 32-bit; one 64-bit) for the latest build (10130).    Space isn't an issue either => I have a dedicated 3TB disk that I keep them all on =>  with backups on one of my UnRAID servers [which is, of course, also backed up  :) ]

I DO keep the most frequently used ones (about a dozen of them) on a spare 500GB SSD, so these boot quite rapidly.

Gary, I suspect you are merely making your life way more complicated than it needs to be having over 70 (!) VM's.

I also have a lot more DVDs and TV Shows than I'll ever watch (I suspect that's true of quite a few folks on this forum)  :)

The VM's have been built up over a period of about a decade ... although I do tend to keep them mostly up-to-date.    It really doesn't take much effort to create & load a new VM ... I NEVER actually handle a "real" DVD or CD => just mount the ISO to "load" a VM.    For example, it probably took 20 minutes to build two Windows 10 systems (one 32-bit; one 64-bit) for the latest build (10130).    Space isn't an issue either => I have a dedicated 3TB disk that I keep them all on =>  with backups on one of my UnRAID servers [which is, of course, also backed up  :) ]

I DO keep the most frequently used ones (about a dozen of them) on a spare 500GB SSD, so these boot quite rapidly.

Where do you get all the keys for the operating systems? Since Windows 7 and the elimination of TechNet subscriptions Microsoft has locked down their model. No more free 'testing' of an operating system unless you are in the MSDN program which cost a few thousand dollars I think.