[Solved] Access Plex Install Location (Docker)

Hello guys!

Thanks for the help (in advanced).

Where is the actual install location of Plex on Docker?  I need to access the resources folder as I have custom .xml files (lets me direct stream to Chromecast, iPad, and other devices without transcoding).  I thought they were in the docker image, and if that's true, how would I access them?  Thanks guys!

If you go into the docker's edit page there is a link that will take you to needo's code.

Haven't used a plugin for this since before VMs were introduced in early v6 betas, which was before dockers were introduced.

Not clear exactly what you are trying to do. Is there some plex-related web page that you could direct me to?

Hello guys!

Where is the actual install location of Plex on Docker?  I need to access the resources folder as I have custom .xml files (lets me direct stream to Chromecast, iPad, and other devices without transcoding).  I thought they were in the docker image, and if that's true, how would I access them?  Thanks guys!

if you are about Plex profiles, then you need to create folder Profiles on plex settings folder and then put these xml files in it.

mine looks like /mnt/disk1/appdata/plexmediaserver/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Profiles

i have one profile in it called WDTVLive.xml

Hello guys!

if you are about Plex profiles, then you need to create folder Profiles on plex settings folder and then put these xml files in it.

mine looks like /mnt/disk1/appdata/plexmediaserver/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Profiles

i have one profile in it called WDTVLive.xml

If that's where it goes then of course this is a subfolder of the config volume mapping.

Ahh exactly what I want to do!  The profiles.  My Plex config is in the Library/Application Support folder.  And for some reason I have no access to that folder.  But if I moved it, I would just add the profiles folder and it would override the default .xml profile?

Thanks for all the help!

Ahh exactly what I want to do!  The profiles.  My Plex config is in the Library/Application Support folder.  And for some reason I have no access to that folder.  But if I moved it, I would just add the profiles folder and it would override the default .xml profile?

Thanks for all the help!

Yes, i think so, just put those xml in Profiles folder, and then try to play something :)

mine WDC media player started to work after that..

Thank you so much!  Thats all I need.  Gonna reformat my drives (cause for some reason I can't delete folders in the Library user share).  I am new to unRaid, so I'm just trying to get used to it lol.

Thanks!

Gonna reformat your drives?!

That sounds extremely drastic, totally unnecessary for almost any problem, and will not help for this problem anyway. The problem is that Plex owns those files, so only Plex (or root) can do anything to them. You will probably have to go to the command line for what you want to do.