[SOLVED] Upgrade from 5.0RC12 to 5.0.6 - won't boot

Hey All -

Well it's been about 2-3 years of a perfect working system and the upgrade bug finally bit me. I wanted to upgrade to v6RC1, but figured I should get to 5.0.6 stable first as I've been riding 5rc12 for so long.

I followed the upgrade directions from the wiki:

5.0-rc9 through 5.0-rc16c

Prepare the flash: either shutdown your server and plug the flash into your PC or Stop the array and perform the following actions referencing the flash share on your network:

Copy the files bzimage, bzroot, and syslinux.cfg from the zip file to the root of your flash device, overwriting the same-named files already there.

Reboot your server. Once boot-up has completed, you should see "Stopped. Configuration valid." array status with all disks assigned correctly. Some users have reported having to re-run 'make_bootable' script on the flash.

I pulled my USB drive, plugged into Mac, copied over files, ran Make_bootable.

My array stops at a SYSLINUX prmopt after loading the SAS controller cards.

I confirmed that USB is set to boot and priority.

I removed all package/unmenu/etc from USB

What should I do? I did backup everything on my flash prior to playing around...

Thank you,

Mike

Somewhere back then, the syslinux files moved from the root to the syslinux folder.  Take a look at the folder layout in the v5.0.6 distro, and emulate that.  I think it means delete the current syslinux files, copy the syslinux folder, and run make_bootable_mac.

Easy fix...

I originally installed unRAID 5.0-beta using a PC. I tried to do the upgrade via osX and that was creating some weirdness on the previous formatting via PC. So I went and dusted my old XP box off and was able to upgrade to 5.0.6 and then to 6-rc1

Thank you.