User Share issue

Hi,

i'm quite new to unRAID and i'm facing my first problem.

my current setup:

2 x WD 4TB Red hard disk (one for parity and one for data)

1 x 128GB SSD as cache drive.

Model: Custom

M/B: ASRock - C2750D4I

CPU: Intel® Atom™ CPU C2750 @ 2.40GHz

Cache: 448 kB, 4096 kB

Memory: 8192 MB (max. installable capacity 64 GB)

Network: eth0: 1000Mb/s - Full Duplex

eth1: not connected

Kernel: Linux 4.0.2-unRAID x86_64

i installed docker on the cache drive (/mnt/cache/docker) and installed plea media server as a docker app, also pointing to the cache drive.

So far everything was working.

Now i wanted to enable user shares to be able to add a second data disk for my Plex storage. my thought was now to have a share which will include for now disk1 and later also disk2. so i enabled the user shares.

when i was now starting to have some issues with my VM's, also installed on the cache drive, i noticed that even my folders on the cache drive got divided between disk1 and the cache drive  :-[

i guess this should not be the case, what did i wrong ?

thanks a lot to everyone for their help

regards

Matthias

thanks a lot for the quick reply.

i just did the same but now it seems that there is a problem with the docker image. i get the below "error message" on the unRaid guy.

Your existing Docker image file needs to be recreated due to an issue from an earlier beta of unRAID 6. Failure to do so may result in your docker image suffering corruption at a later time. Please do this NOW!

thanks a lot for the quick reply.

i just did the same but now it seems that there is a problem with the docker image. i get the below "error message" on the unRaid guy.

Your existing Docker image file needs to be recreated due to an issue from an earlier beta of unRAID 6. Failure to do so may result in your docker image suffering corruption at a later time. Please do this NOW!

Don't remember exactly when, but we all had to recreate docker img a few betas ago. Most likely this is a side effect of your letting it get moved. Just do it and then you can recreate any dockers you had from your templates and everything should pick up where you were.

so, after moving all directories, docker and cache, back to the cache drive, recreating the docker file and changing the permission of the application/docker folders back to what they have been the system is up and running again.

thanks again for all the quick replies and help.

Matt