Wanted: Ventrilo Server Docker

Hello.

Looking for a Docker for a Ventrilo Server. Would be nice if it was a community Docker that was maintained for unRaid.

Thanks, Kenny.  :D

it would also be a minor miracle, ventrilo unfortunately is 32 bit and there are no 32 bit libraries in the unraid host.

nobody has found a way as yet of getting around this.

Yeah, I spent a good many hours on that thing.

It did work in an ubuntu vm, by installing the 32bit libraries, but no luck in docker

i had it running in a docker on my docker server VM, i build on there before testing them out in unraid proper.

but the 32 bit docker doesn't work on unraid, because it needs the host machine to be multiarch and unraid isn't.

I suggest not tweaking at all, ever, for 32bit binaries. It's not worth the effort of going through multilib setup not to mention the complexity added in support headaches when attempting to do updates.

i still hold out hope we can tweak a docker image to run 32 bit but convince the host it's 64 bit, seen a few threads on the docker github claiming it's possible.

that wouldn't involve doing anything to unraid base at all.

the upshot seems to be going at it the other way around, instead of installing 32 bit libraries into a 64 bit docker, you start with a 32 bit docker that you (and this the bit they don't elaborate on the how to on, inject the 64 bit loader libraries into the image) the host thinks it 64 bit and the docker runs the 32 bit app(s)