Wordpress

Haven't had a chance to look at this yet, but thought it might be interesting.

WordPress is mighty popular and a way to run it simply on Unraid I think would be a great idea, could have loads and loads of Unraid themed blogs and sites, help Sparkly on his way to world docker domination! lol

https://www.youtube.com/attribution_link?a=QHJc8nDHsqI&u=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D4Zc9LNuCsvI%26feature%3Dshare

Haven't had a chance to look at this yet, but thought it might be interesting.

WordPress is mighty popular and a way to run it simply on Unraid I think would be a great idea, could have loads and loads of Unraid themed blogs and sites, help Sparkly on his way to world docker domination! lol

https://www.youtube.com/attribution_link?a=QHJc8nDHsqI&u=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D4Zc9LNuCsvI%26feature%3Dshare

i'll have a look later.

i'll have a look later.

It wasn't a request Sparkly! I actually already have a WordPress site, password protected as a home server portal for my wife and I, I run it in the Apache PHP docker that smdion created.

Take a break, you work too hard!

i'll have a look later.

It wasn't a request Sparkly! I actually already have a WordPress site, password protected as a home server portal for my wife and I, I run it in the Apache PHP docker that smdion created.

Take a break, you work too hard!

lol, this isn't work, it's fun.

i'm not that good at scripts and things, i like figuring out and/or gathering little snippets from different sources and making them work together.

gonna look at feasibility of an nzb indexer at some stage too.

Sparkly, do you have any experience w/ nzb indexers?

nZEDb seems to be the most up-to date. Newznab development seems to be stagnant. THE real workhorse on these, is basically the script that scans for new stuff, tries to decode it, creates nzb, extracts image screen from video, reads the media encoding format, etc. And puts it all in a database to then be presented in a web user interface.

For both nZEDB (which is a spin-off of Newznab) and Newznab, they use what is called the tmux script. Here are screencaps of it running in tmux (a screen-like program in Linux). This is a collection of scripts that are perpetually running and working.

UA4RZ44.png

yNNuQeV.png

hPPtzIX.png

fLLIgZe.png

mDoXqAN.png

Setting up an indexer is no small feat... There are a TON of variables and settings within the software that takes a long time to figure out. Even if you are able to install the indexer, and all the dependencies and database connections; there is a significant end-user learning curve to overcome. End users cannot expect this to be a 2 click thing to get it working. Things like:

- Which groups to index

- create blacklists

- create rules for various release categories

- A lot of settings related to the Tmux script I mentioned above

- Setting up IRC scraping (for wacky release name look up)

- nzbpre ( same as above, but its a secret club/settings)

I would certainly warn people this is NOT for linux newbies, and to seek support and knowledge outside the unRAID community. You are NOT going to want to support this past getting it installed and getting to the initial setup screen.

For nZEDb this is the install guide if running on Ubuntu:

https://github.com/nZEDb/nZEDb_Misc/blob/master/Guides/Installation/Ubuntu/Guide.md

This is a tutorial I wrote that clarifies how to setup and run the IRCscraper (and I omitted the part of creating a znc user as it wont run in root user)

http://forums.nzedb.com/index.php?topic=2000.0

I had a Newznab server running on Ubuntu Server working for a couple of years, when things began to fail. I started over (with no previous releases) from scratch with nZEDb less than 6 months ago. I ended up taking my Ubuntu drive, attached it to a machine that ran Parted Magic from a thumb drive, and I cloned the drive using dd. I then took that image, copied it to my unRAID machine, into a folder in cache, and I used the VM screen to launch that image. It worked like a charm. I have finally shut down that box.

I will be glad to help and advice as much as I can... I am not a big expert, I just have tinkered with it over and over.