[SOLVED] Cache Slots only shows 1

wheelerc6

I am running Unraid 6b15 with a plus license.  It is my understanding that I should be able to add multiple cache drives in a pool.  I am unable to do this as the slots value only has 1 and will not allow me to add another drive.  I did buy my license before the migration to the current setup but I thought with version 6b14 that pools were available to plus licenses. 

Am I incorrect in this statement? 

Am I missing a step to setup the cache pool?

I currently only have 4 data drives, 1 cache and a USB drive with unraid OS.  I should be able to add up to 8 drives total...correct?

I am running Unraid 6b15 with a plus license.  It is my understanding that I should be able to add multiple cache drives in a pool.  I am unable to do this as the slots value only has 1 and will not allow me to add another drive.  I did buy my license before the migration to the current setup but I thought with version 6b14 that pools were available to plus licenses. 

I currently only have 4 data drives, 1 cache and a USB drive with unraid OS.  I should be able to add up to 8 drives total...correct?

Stop the array then decrease the array slots and you will be able to increase the cache slots.

Stop the array then decrease the array slots and you will be able to increase the cache slots.

I thought the plus license now supports 8 disk?  If I only have 4 data disk why would I need to decrease the array slots?

Correction to what I previously said...

Setup:

1 Parity

3 Data

1 Cache

1 USB

I would like to use a cache pool.  I have a plus license.  I am assuming my license should support 2 more disk as either a data disk or in a cache pool.  Please correct me if my assumptions are wrong.

Archived