[SOLVED] WD60EZRX - can only use approx 4.5TB of the space??

Your writing to disk13 disk share and we have not yet seen the config for the disk13 share. Reply 21 shows the top portion of the disk page. The disk share configuration is shown on the bottom of the page. Please show the disk share config for the drive in question.

Please note that the issue is with D12 [it was with D13 prior to me removing the 'old' D12 and then moving D13 to the D12 slot].

However, both drives exhibited the same behavior.

Is the following attachment what you require?

D12_share_info.jpg.fcaeaead289275ca122259d626f9df1e.jpg

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, next question is whether this is related to the shares or not.

Copy the same file to the root of disk12 -- i.e. not to a shared folder.

But didn't he already try copying it directly to a "disk" share? That bypasses the share setting and, as far as I know, any "Minimum free space" settings that could cause this.

He copied it do a shared folder using the disk reference => close, but not identical to simply copying it to the root of the disk.  I don't actually expect a different result -- just want to confirm that's the case.

I thought this may have been a buffering issue on the Windows side; but the fact he can copy the same large file directly to another disk excludes that.    Further, both UnRAID, via the Web GUI, and Windows, via a network browse of the disk, both show the correct amount of free space.

In addition, many other folks are using these same drives with the same version of UnRAID with no issue.

Doesn't leave a lot of possibilities.  I suspect this COULD be a failed area of memory that's only being accessed when you're buffering writes to the large drives.  But this system has ECC memory, so it should be reporting that.

Check the BIOS event messages to see if there are any ECC events - just in case they don't get directly reported to UnRAID.

This worked with no issues.

And then I was able to move it to the share with no issue.

How much free space is left on disk12? What happens if you try to add another file to disk12 to the same location that failed prior the successful copy to the root?

Just wondering if you found some sort of a FUSE file system bug.

Another useful test if you haven't already done it would be to temporarily disable user shares and try the copy to a subfolder on the disk12 share just like you did before.

Are you absolutely sure you don't have a user share set to 1.5TB of "Minimum free space"?

VERY interesting.    So this is clearly related in some way to the shares OR to the use of an area of memory that's only "hit" when you're copying large files to a share.  It's possible (as suggested above) that you've found some strange FUSE bug ... but this seems VERY unlikely, as it almost certainly would have surfaced by now.

I'd boot to MemTest and let it run for at least 8-10 hours (preferably overnight).    And of course check your share settings to confirm this isn't simply due to a very high minimum space setting (as also noted above).

How much free space is left on disk12? What happens if you try to add another file to disk12 to the same location that failed prior the successful copy to the root?

Just wondering if you found some sort of a FUSE file system bug.

Another useful test if you haven't already done it would be to temporarily disable user shares and try the copy to a subfolder on the disk12 share just like you did before.

1.49TB

Attempt to add an additional file to D12\Movies - ISO that failed previously fails with the same error.

Disabled user shares and attempted to add additional file to D12\Movies - ISO. It fails with same error.

Since your system has ECC memory, it SHOULD be reporting any memory errors ... but nevertheless I'd do as I suggested earlier and boot to MemTest and let it run for several passes (at least 6-8 hours ... preferably longer).

Another question:  The test copy you showed the error message for was a very large file (40+ GB).  Do you have this problem regardless of the size of the file you're copying?  [i.e. if you copy a file that's only a few MB does it still fail?]

Wow ... this is definitely STRANGE (and I'm sure frustrating to you).

So at this point you can copy files with no problem to the root of the disks; but can't copy them to your Movies share ... correct?    But you CAN copy them to the root; then move them to the share ... also correct?

Has every copy attempt been to the SAME share (i.e. "Movies") ??

If so, create a NEW share ("TestShare") and make the "Included" disks ONLY the 6TB disks.    Then see if you have any issues copying to that share.

Wow ... this is definitely STRANGE (and I'm sure frustrating to you).

So at this point you can copy files with no problem to the root of the disks; but can't copy them to your Movies share ... correct?    But you CAN copy them to the root; then move them to the share ... also correct?

Has every copy attempt been to the SAME share (i.e. "Movies") ??

If so, create a NEW share ("TestShare") and make the "Included" disks ONLY the 6TB disks.    Then see if you have any issues copying to that share.

Correct on all points except my share name is 'Movies - ISO'. Every copy attempt has been to the same share.

Created 'test share' as instructed and the 40+ GB file copies just fine if I just dump it to the share AS WELL AS copying to D12\test share (tried it both ways). Copy speeds even look good @ 100+ MB/s.

I was totally shocked as I fully expected it to fail.

Is it possible this has something to do with the name of my share?

And, yes, this is extremely frustrating but at the very least we know a work-around.

What is your directory ownership and permissions of the troublesome directory? Is it [dwrxrwxrwx] 777 and owned by 'nobody' and group 'users' ?

I searched the thread but did not see any explicit mention of it, but have you performed a filesystem check on the disks with the troubled shares?

What is your directory ownership and permissions of the troublesome directory? Is it [dwrxrwxrwx] 777 and owned by 'nobody' and group 'users' ?

I searched the thread but did not see any explicit mention of it, but have you performed a filesystem check on the disks with the troubled shares?

And that went over my head....

If you will instruct, I will check....