New Config Parity-Sync hung at 90%

Can someone take a look at the log attached and let me know what's going on here?  Yesterday morning I did a new config and the parity-sync that started appeared to be running fine throughout the day (refreshing the main tab it continued to show constant progress towards completing in about 12 hours).  Now this morning I get up, 22+ hours in to the sync, and it says current position 90.3% and estimated finish in 98 days, 11 hours, and 45 minutes.

Need to know if I should stop this sync and try again or if there's some way to get it on track again.  Thanks.

Syslog_Parity_Sync_hang.zip

Yes, I would go ahead and stop and try to get to the bottom of your hardware problems, which is probably responsible for your recent troubles.

Not related to your reported problem, but there is

May 27 08:32:10 JBOX kernel: FAT-fs (sda1): Volume was not properly unmounted. Some data may be corrupt. Please run fsck.

Did you do several new configs during this log? There are several of these

May 27 08:39:56 JBOX kernel: read_file: error 2 opening /boot/config/super.dat
May 27 08:39:56 JBOX kernel: md: could not read superblock from /boot/config/super.dat
May 27 08:39:56 JBOX kernel: md: initializing superblock

May be corrupt flash or may just be new config, not sure. Since you are going to shut down anyway you might put your flash in your PC and let it checkdisk.

After parity build starts there are some errors logged that make me suspect your disk controller. Maybe try reseating it.

Thanks trurl.  I stopped the sync and now I'm trying to stop the array so I can power down but unfortunately it appears I'm hung there too.  I'm getting the normal stop array messages at the bottom of the main tab but the page just keeps spinning.  I'd hate to just to a hard power down.  Are there commands I should try from the console or SSH instead?

May be corrupt flash or may just be new config, not sure. Since you are going to shut down anyway you might put your flash in your PC and let it checkdisk.

After parity build starts there are some errors logged that make me suspect your disk controller. Maybe try reseating it.

Hi trurl.  Disregard my last question.  I found the commands to reboot from console and have safely powered down now.  I'll check that the the SATA controller is properly seated and I'll also try removing a new PCI USB controller I just installed yesterday next to it.  I'm pretty sure that's what caused the "volume was not properly unmounted" errors you saw related to the flash drive.  I was trying to get see if unRAID would boot with the flash plugged into the PCI controller so I could pass through all the motherboard's USB ports to a Windows guest vm. 

At this point I think I'm inclined to just do a clean install.  Windows on the VM hasn't been activated yet and I don't have any dockers, etc to save.  So if I just format the flash drive, re-download the latest RC and copy my PRO key to config and start all over again w/the new config and parity-sync, do you see any issue with that?  With all the mucking around and user error that's got me to this point I'm thinking it might be best to just re-start fresh.

Alright, went ahead with clean install and parity-sync is running again and appears to be going fine.

It looks like the problem was with the seating of the SATA controller card. I hadn't noticed before but the bracket is a little mis-sized with where the screws attach to the card so it wasn't allowing the card to sit all the way down in the slot.  So thanks trurl for the tip to look at that.  Marking this as solved.